It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Some Nations, People Look to Obama as President of the World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Please dont be blind both partys are about power ,and if you think they care about you, are the poor ,are anything but power,you can be led off a clif.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetatronCubensis
The guy barely showed up to the Senate to vote and now he's being called 'President of the World, The Messiah, and even the Prophet Moses'.
Very scary indeed.

I respectfully disagree, unless you qualify to say that there are some really off-the-wall people who think any given president is the Messiah. There are some odd people out there. And yes, they can be scary.

The only people saying this about Obama, which I personally hear from, are those who use this as a reason to HATE Obama.

That point made, it does seem like there is a lot more gushing about Obama than any other President I can remember, except maybe JFK. (Recall that JFK was directly compared to King Arthur -- a stretch.)

www.orwelltoday.com...

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
And about 56million are calling Obama the N word. Fortunately the rest of the world don't think like the GOP. Not even McCain was able to get these people to stop being racists.

So if you didn't vote for Obama, then you are a racist?

That's sooooooo not true - no matter how the obamamites want it to be
and no matter how many times they try to claim it.

Originally posted by Buck Division
The only people saying this about Obama, which I personally hear from, are those who use this as a reason to HATE Obama.

I promise you that there are lots of people, who you don't 'personally hear from', who ARE saying it and they are saying it because they absolutely adore the guy.

(see page 1 - I quoted the Italian Prime Minister - just one example)

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Speaking at a joint news conference with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev in Moscow, the 72-year-old media tycoon also said Obama's election to the White House had been "hailed by world public opinion as the arrival of a messiah."

Good find. This is pretty disgustingly gushing, for sure.

You are more than 50% right, but not entirely IMO -- he was only "compared" to the messiah and not actually identified as such. But your point is well taken. It is over-the-top.

Quite on topic.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The claim made by every Republican is people only voted for Obama because he's black. That means the only reason people voted for McCain is because he's not black. And when you say this the GOP freak out claiming that's not true, but its still true that people only voted for Obama because he's black. Also, the only people to call him Messiah are Republicans when trying to smear him.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

So what did the Dems pass that caused this economy mess?

No comment on the prejudice issue? I'll take that as tacit admission on your part.

To answer your question, democrat congresses in the Carter years and after buying votes by passing legislation making it too easy to get home loans for people that in no way should have qualified.

Check this out, there's blame to go around on both sides, but most recently (in 2005) the Republicans tried to rein it in and the democrats stopped them. Sorry, to tell you this, but your dems actually do make mistakes from time to time.

article

My bolding and underlining for emphasis.

In 2005, Congress rejected a Republican-sponsored bill aimed at curbing risky investments by mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, thanks to resistance from mostly Democrats. It was the latest in a string of unsuccessful attempts to rein in the two agencies. In this case, Congress ignored Greenspan's warning about the financial risks Fannie and Freddie were taking on.

The agencies were designed to expand homeownership by injecting money into the home mortgage market and encouraging banks to lend more. They buy loans from banks and guarantee them, holding some in their portfolios and selling others as mortgage-backed securities.

With implicit government backing, Fannie and Freddie have been able to borrow money at below-market rates. In recent years, the companies borrowed to buy billions' worth of complex mortgage-backed securities. The investments earned big returns. Fannie and Freddie's stock soared. Their executives were paid tens of millions of dollars.

Republicans sought to reduce the size of the companies' portfolios, arguing they were too risky.

Then the housing bubble burst. Fannie and Freddie didn't cause the financial meltdown, but they fueled it by becoming one of the biggest purchasers of toxic mortgage products, says Harvard economist Kenneth Rogoff.

"There was tremendous coddling of Fannie and Freddie in the face of a lot of evidence that they really weren't helping homeowners all that much," Rogoff says. "I think it was very, very clear what was coming, and that they were a huge, huge risk to the American financial system. … It really was criminal neglect."

Fannie and Freddie spent $175 million on lobbying in the last decade, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. The companies' employees and PACs gave nearly $5 million in contributions since 1989, by the center's count.

Until they were taken over, Fannie had 13 lobbying firms on its payroll this year; Freddie had 33. Both packed their boards with politically connected people such as Democrat Rahm Emanuel, a former Clinton aide who joined Freddie's board in 2000 before he became a congressman.

And look who shows up as a key player in the mess at the end of this quote - democrat rahm emmanuel, obama's new WH chief of staff.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Have you seen the Obama Nigerian . org website? READ the comments there..They think he is the "chosen" one...

Go to the comment page...

[edit on 10-11-2008 by MissysWorld]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

The claim made by every Republican is people only voted for Obama because he's black. That means the only reason people voted for McCain is because he's not black. And when you say this the GOP freak out claiming that's not true, but its still true that people only voted for Obama because he's black. Also, the only people to call him Messiah are Republicans when trying to smear him.

Wow!

Race issues much?
I don't think it was even mentioned until you came along.

I think what these "republicans" you mention actually say is that the black vote went to Obama because he is black. Not everyone who voted for him. Whether that is true or not is up for debate. Although I have seen and heard many black people say this. Even Colin Powell said after the election "He's a great man, and he's african american" answering why he voted for Obama, after the election.

As for the only people calling him messiah are disgruntled republicans. Well this thread makes your claim false. If you even read any of it.

Personally I think all of this world hype can only be bad for Obama. All it does is build up impossible expectations.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Except the black vote ALWAYS goes to the Democrats! It had nothing to do with Obama's race. How can you ignore decades of the black community voting majority wise to the Democrats and claim this is the first time they voted for a Democrat because he is black? Also, still no links to Democrats calling Obama the Messiah, just more Republicans calling him that.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Also, the only people to call him Messiah are Republicans when trying to smear him.

Here you go. Complete with youtube video.

Farrakhan calls Obama "Messiah"

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the article
I don't get what people want. Everyone was upset that Bush was so disliked across the world, now we have a new leader that is liked and all of the sudden he is "to liked".. I think its good that other countries respect him.. Change indeed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join