It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Some Nations, People Look to Obama as President of the World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

In Some Nations, People Look to Obama as President of the World

elections.foxnews.com

Barack Obama's election on Tuesday set off international celebrations and ignited a fervor for the United States that has been unseen since the days immediately following the September 11, 2001, terror attacks.

To some observers, the international reaction has elevated America's president-elect to an unparalleled post: president of the world.

In Kenya, where Obama's father was born, a national holiday was declared on Thursday. In Indonesia, children danced at the school Obama attended when he was a young boy, embracing him as much for what he represents abroad as for the policies he advocates at home.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just saw this on Fox news a few minutes ago. For all of you that think that Barack is the AntiChrist, this is a story for you to read as well as for those of you who don't. Very interesting indeed. Could he be the Bible prophesied man that will appease the world and bring peace? and then destruction later on?

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

It will be interesting if he leads the charge to form a global currency and central bank in the wake of the financial crisis.

And if someone can trace the Obama clan of Kenya to ties with the Solomonic dynasty of Ethiopia, then even as skeptical as I am of the whole idea I will be fairly concerned.

[edit on 6/11/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is nothing new. Folks in MANY other countries look at the US president as the president of the world...its been like that for years.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think that he will have his hands full just dealing with the mess left behind by Bush.

I don't think he'll have time for awhile to be president of the world.

This made me laugh.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

It will be interesting if he leads the charge to form a global currency and central bank in the wake of the financial crisis.

And if someone can trace the Obama clan of Kenya to ties with the Solomonic dynasty of Ethiopia, then even as skeptical as I am of the whole idea I will be fairly concerned.

[edit on 6/11/08 by MikeboydUS]

It will be interesting to see what happens. It may turn out to be nothing but you never know. Please explain in more detail about this Solomonic dynasty from Ethopia you are speaking about....I have only read about King Solomon in the Bible, is this the same one you speak about?

[edit on 11/6/2008 by wrangell76]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I have heard that too...for years. "president of the free world"

I may not have voted for Obama but do want him to succeed, but this is getting ridiculous. He isn't the second coming, no one is.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Which countries are these? The ones with US military bases on them? Just because 200 000 people were suckered into listening to this latest stooge in Berlin, that does not mean the other 6.something billion of us look up to him as lord and master.

Here in Portugal the most common comment on Obama is "how long do you think it will be till the americans shoot him?". I know it's bad taste, but that's just how it is. We portuguese, in general, are not really fans of Obama. Or any politician to be honest... 700 years of history has shown us the trends.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'd humbly suggest that if you want world opinion, you don't read Fox News.

BBC World Service "Have Your Say" - The U.S. Election

SkyNews: Photos from around the world regarding the U.S. Election NOTE: SkyNews is owned by News Corp... just like Fox News.

ITV News complete election coverage

It's not all pretty... Here's the english language forums for Pravda. Search for the word "Obama".

How Pravda reported the win.

OpEd from Haaretz

Tehran Times

Don't read the articles... click around... find the comments and forums... read those.

I dunno... what do you think the world is saying about Obama? What ever the "world" thinks... it's not what Fox News is spouting.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Obama - "president of the world"

Pardon me, but I have to
at that one.

The guy has no experience at doing anything either foreign, or domestically, and people want to call him president of the world?

I'm sure putin, the leaders of iran and china, etc. will have something to say about obama being "president of the world" in no time at all ...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The guy barely showed up to the Senate to vote and now he's being called 'President of the World, The Messiah, and even the Prophet Moses'.
Very scary indeed.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The Solomonic Dynasty is the royal house of Ethiopia and traces itself all the way back to King Solomon of Israel, which also means back to the House of David. The House of David lineage would be very important for anyone making a claim of being a biblical messiah.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well Bush thought he was President of the world. Why he had to interfere in every thing. So what difference is the WORLD embracing Obama? Obama isn't calling himself this, the world is. The WORLD is celebrating him. Only about 56million people aren't celebrating and that's because they hate blacks even after McCain told them that Obama is the President and he will be proud to serve him and hopes he does what is best for America. Well, OBL and the Taliban also aren't celebrating since Obama won't attack Syria, Iran, and will end Iraq. With out America bombing any country with brown people in it then it will be hard to recruit new people.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Only about 56million people aren't celebrating and that's because they hate blacks ... With out America bombing any country with brown people in it then it will be hard to recruit new people.

The way you collectively judge people you don't even know would certainly earn you the right to have your picture in the dictionary next to the word "prejudice". Sometimes it truly does "take one to know one".

Sad ...

To the topic, obama's first task is going to be attempting to fix the economic mess created by his fellow democrats in congress. I doubt that will leave him much time for any of his "president of the world" duties. Once all the overseas obamaphiles realize he is ignoring them, they will turn on obama like any scorned lover would do.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The economic mess created by 8 years of Bush and 6 years of GOP Absolute rule. What did the Dems pass that cause this? They can't pass any thing because Bush vetoes every thing. He went 6 years signing every thing then suddenly vetoed every thing. So what did the Dems pass that caused this economy mess? Also, MCCAIN SUSPENDED HIS CAMPAIGN TO PASS THE BAILOUT! Yeah, that really helped...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by centurion1211

The economic mess created by 8 years of Bush and 6 years of GOP Absolute rule. What did the Dems pass that cause this? They can't pass any thing because Bush vetoes every thing. He went 6 years signing every thing then suddenly vetoed every thing. So what did the Dems pass that caused this economy mess? Also, MCCAIN SUSPENDED HIS CAMPAIGN TO PASS THE BAILOUT! Yeah, that really helped...

Hey blondie, Obama passed the bailout as well as a Democratic majority in Congress. Perhaps you forget those facts? Of course you did, you want to spin anything and everything you can to favor Obama.

Also, Congress had the Democratic majority for the past two years and enough votes to override a veto. Truth is, they didn't care enough to do anything.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I was not an Obama supporter during the election, and I will not blindly swear my allegiance to him.
He will have to earn my trust, and that won't be easy because I have never trusted ANY politician.

That being said I really wish people would stop slandering him and give the man a chance, he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

In corners of the world where america is "the great satan" people are saying GOOD things about america for the first time in my life.

If Obama actually DOES provide healthcare to all americans, one of my friends who has medical problems, no insurance, and not enough money to pay for his health care out of pocket, may not have to die a slow painful death as he has been expecting to for a long time now.

I can understand why some people don't want to trust anything he says, I'm so jaded because of politicians that I myself have a hard time even listening to any of them talk without rolling my eyes.

However I think it may actually be time for me to put away some of my old prejudices against politicians, and give this man a fair shake. He's coming into the worst situation most people could imagine ANY president to have to walk into.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The President, BUSH, said pass it or America would die. Hmm, scare tactics, why does that sound so familiar? Oh that's right, "Pass the Patriot Act or America will die! Vote for me in 2004 or the gays will be treated as equals!" More scare tactics... Also, Obama didn't stop his campiagn, McCain did. McCain attacked Obama for not supporting it. McCain lead the charge of getting it passed or "America will collapse". Also, personal attack much?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Some aren't saying 'president of the world'.
Some are saying 'messiah'

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlosconi says 'welcome' to the young, suntanned, Messiah Obama. (HIS words)

He said Obama's election to the White House had been "hailed by world public opinion as the arrival of a messiah." So apparently he isn't the only world leader who thinks Obama is 'the messiah'.

Reuters Story Here

Yep. He's 'The One' the world has been waiting for alright. All that self-worship messianic rhetoric during the campaign worked. They believe it.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And about 56million are calling Obama the N word. Fortunately the rest of the world don't think like the GOP. Not even McCain was able to get these people to stop being racists. When McCain was giving his speech they all booed when he said Obama. When Obama mentioned McCain people clapped and cheered.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join