It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the world to help the US ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I just had a thought regarding how the USA has consistently helped out the rest of the world in times of trouble over the years, both in terms of Military war aid/protection and also with it's huge charity donations across the whole world. Without trying to ruffle the feathers of all you proud American citizens, is it not time the world passed the hat and helped you out in your time of need.

I believe that the US is the only Country able to kick-start the world economy again, but will require some help to do that. You have a new President elect who I personally think will wean the country off the aggressive foreign policies of his predecessors and mend fences. I suspect that he will need all the help he can get to do this and return the USA to it's former position as the envy of the world.

My suggestion is that countries, who hold large tabs on American Dept cut the US some slack regarding repayments, as this would benefit us all in the long term and allow the US economy to regrow and become a major producer of technology and innovation again. My tuppence

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that the US has helped the world but they ( not the people, the politicians) have certainly stuck there nose in. The US ( and most high western nations) have been supplying tyrants and war criminals so in my opinion the donations and aid are nothing.

And by the way last time i checked ( i could be wrong) the UK gave the most to Africans....

And the US is far from the envy of the world ( I mean you guys are still doing capital punishment)...

Not bashing America ( i think it was a nice idea just didn't pan out well), and i must admit i am quite partial to American culture( Movies , food etc) just not too pleased with the political decisions made.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
yeah, perhaps somalians will dig deep and help keep the US in the manner to which it has become accustomed. thats one of the few posts that's made me wish ATS had no language filters. in the words of the little blue guys, go smurf yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Whoa, no need for bland hostility dudes. Uhm, if the US was "helped" it might make a nice statement to the world...but no country would willing forgive us debt due to our infectious culture I think. Uhm, the culture of conformal rampant consumerism I mean - it's the national religion.

www.worldometers.info...

See? We got it from England though (not UK England - the idea that Americans are all nobles gave rise to this I think, excepting in small communities).

There is a band called Primus that made a song called The Last Superpower a.k.a. Rapscallion. It's pretty true, I think, in a self-hating way.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The US has helped the world in what ways? Can you provide a list?

It has certainly killed a lot of poor helpless foreign people in order to get what it wants.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You obviously do not know about what america does as the world police, going anywhere they want to kill and torture people.

The world should turn its back on america. America has only kept other countries down, to protect there own wealth and prosperity. WW1 and WW2 was just to get rid of anglo american empires only rival in germany. Look what they did to that country.

The world owes america nothing. The best thing america could do, is go back to within there own borders, and people would leave them alone like ron paul said.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
yeah, perhaps somalians will dig deep and help keep the US in the manner to which it has become accustomed. thats one of the few posts that's made me wish ATS had no language filters. in the words of the little blue guys, go smurf yourself.

I did suggest that countries that the US owed to like China could cut a deal. Somalia, that has receiving massive Aid from the US and the rest of the World would not be expected to pay towards this one-off financial aid.
Be kind Smurf.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"The best thing america could do, is go back to within there own borders "

God help us all with that attitude, I fear. Really fear for the future of this world if America became isolationist. Can you speak Cantonese ? Start learning pal

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by big gee

Someone who had to put up with american cr*p, i would welcome anyone but them, helping the world. America think they are the world police, and should of never been in my life, so i have every right to say, what i say.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by big gee
"The best thing america could do, is go back to within there own borders "

God help us all with that attitude, I fear. Really fear for the future of this world if America became isolationist. Can you speak Cantonese ? Start learning pal

China and Russia would step up and help the world... the America would truly become powerless. I do not wish for this, but the fact is that the world is less depending upon America as time goes by.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
the average US citizen is better off than the average chinese citizen, so i guess they'ld tell you guys to go smurf yourselves as well. most of the world is having trouble feeding itself, literally, get a grip on yourself, the average american family being reduced to only having one car and one TV is hardly a reason for you lot to qualify for aid.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Could I ask where you are posting from Andy ? This might give me an insight into your replies.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
the average US citizen is better off than the average chinese citizen, so i guess they'ld tell you guys to go smurf yourselves as well. most of the world is having trouble feeding itself, literally, get a grip on yourself, the average american family being reduced to only having one car and one TV is hardly a reason for you lot to qualify for aid.

"the average US citizen is better off than the average chinese citizen" - Hmmm... got any substantial statistics to back this up?

"most of the world is having trouble feeding itself" - [this includes America], so what is America doing to help this that other nations aren't?

"american family being reduced to only having one car and one TV is hardly a reason for you lot to qualify for aid. " - The world does not stop when America declines, trade and economy goes on.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by -zeropoint-
Hmmm... got any substantial statistics to back this up?

china

so what is America doing to help this that other nations aren't?
dunno?!? droping bombs or something, what?

The world does not stop when America declines, trade and economy goes on.

i have no idea what you mean by making this statement.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'll have a whip-round at work and make a donatation to burger-aid to help all the poor starving americans...will a cheque do?

new topics

top topics

join