It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 bucks a week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I would gladly pay that amount and maybe a little more in taxes to get OUR country out of the hole it is in. The past is gone. No one will ever be brought to justice or blame for that. Now we must do what we have to to move forward.

10 bucks a week. No movie rentals or lattes....big deal.

Brett

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Nothing is stopping you from doing this now. Start sending your checks in.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VampyrOsis

That would be nice if we knew where our tax payer money was going.

But since our government gave the treasury department to the fed and the global elites our tax payer money is going into the pockets of rats and thieves and now the law protect them.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Agreed.

Why not stop doing other things and send more?

You can send mine too if you want.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VampyrOsis
I would gladly pay that amount and maybe a little more in taxes to get OUR country out of the hole it is in. The past is gone. No one will ever be brought to justice or blame for that. Now we must do what we have to to move forward.

10 bucks a week. No movie rentals or lattes....big deal.

If only! My fed taxes are much higher than that. 10 bucks a week would be a relief. Shoot, why not 15?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As long as the government doesn't stick a gun to your head and mine then go for it. It would have to be proven that the money is going toward our debt and not to anything else. This is the problem today with government. They want to fix everything at our cost and keep growing in size. I pay enough taxes and more is coming so no money from me willingly it's already taken from me involuntarily.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am not rich. My business just started to get off the ground. I am making good money for the first time and I am 40 yrs old. The previous years were spent working crazy hours for no money to build my skills and contacts so I could get to where I am today. It will take years to catch up and to actually own anything of value.

With the federal and more importantly, local taxes that will increase I will be paying $20,000.00 a year more, minimum. I will be letting one of my employees go next year.

That is reality and you will see the highest unemployment rastes ever within two years if the plans Obama wants are inacted.

Without people like me (small business owner) this country would not survive. I will GIVE my money by hiring good smart people as my business grows.

Just my $0.02

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I meant an additional 10 bucks

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am very far from understanding politics and the economy. I just want to be able to have a roof over my head, get food and get gas to go to work. If it costs me a few more bucks to do so in taxes, its all good.

I am 44 years old. I remember the Clinton years. This country rocked. Bjs and all. It worked for "the people".

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hold on to your money until Obama is officially in the office in January. The more $ you give to the government the more $ Bush will spent in Iraq!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I feel that I am already paying enough taxes as it is. If those in the government actually knew how to handle money, we wouldn't need to pay more. I would like to have enough money left after mortgage, utilities, gas and food to be able to buy something for myself every now and then.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
A government that has put you in all this trouble and you'd be happy to give them more if because the same people tell you it will help.

I can help, if everyone sends me the ten bucks I'll do everything in my power to resolve the situation.

make cheques payable to WWW.

Don't believe the hype,

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Obama proved he is a supreme money raiser over the least couple years. Where all that money came from put aside, perhaps he should continue his "campaigning" across the country and continue to raise additional money and then dump it into govt programs or make more than just the minimum monthly payments on the national debt. The OP sounds like a perfect example of someone who would donate to this cause. $520 bucks a year is a very respectable donation.

The thing is it sounds "nice" when it's a donation. When things are tight one month and your car needs fixed or you get a root canal you can opt out of donating. Once it's mandatory (ie taxes) then it doesn't sound so "nice".

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
an extra $10 won't change things, realistically you're already paying enough ten times over to pay for everything that is required to run the country properly, the thing is, the government spend an awful lot of money doing things that aren't benificial to the people.

the war on drugs costs an absolute fortune every year and is a failed initiative.
the war on terror costs even more and is a false flag operation.
the alphabet agencies suck up funds and do very little that helps anyone.

the thing is, the government doesn't do anything to keep a roof over your head.
the government doesn't do anything to put food in your belly.
the government doesn't do anything to put gas in your car,
the government doesn't do anything to keep you in work.

you do it, your boss does it, the gas companies do it.

the government don't do anything except facilitate the wealthy and restrict/repress the poor. if the $50 you're giving them now isn't enough what's another $10 going to do.

[edit on 6/11/08 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
I feel that I am already paying enough taxes as it is. If those in the government actually knew how to handle money, we wouldn't need to pay more.

I totally agree with this statement. If we all sent $50 more it would not help.
Money management is part of the problem.

I think we need to revisit all the existing tax laws for a complete review to see if the are still relevant. Like we are not still paying for some horse and buggy tax. Also that the programs these taxes fund are legitimate, running efficiently and are necessary.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
why is money supposed to solve everything? we need a smarter and better working government that spends our money better.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We're spending 3 Billion, THREE Billion a week on our wars which were never declared by Congress. Wars to grab more oil and natural gas for the Rockefeller's EXXON, The so called War on Terror or Whatever this week's enemy is.

Money going directly to the pockets of the shareholders of Blackwater, KBR and Halliburton who are overcharging us on practically everything.

Lets get to the root of the problem here. We're paying our fair share of F'ing taxes.

Lets take the $10. per person out of the Millions they've made on this war !

top topics

join