It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wtf* is this thingy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hey if you go here

www.marsquestonline.org...

you can see pictures from Opportunity in the Meridian Plane. When you get to image 52/53..can you tell me what that is?

If you're too curious, here it is:

www.marsquestonline.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have no idea! But here is the pic.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i have no clue but the first thing that i thought up was that it looked like part of a toilet seat('
').

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
ummmm, nothing to see here, keep it moving... there's no man / alien made object here, keep going folks.. thanks for your cooperation....

seriously, looks interesting, not sure what it is though.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Its a petrified, Martian Krispy Kreme doughnut.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Looks like a washer embedded in carbon.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'd say it looks like a satellite dish. I was first thinking crater (from a comet or such) but the bit in the middle doesn't really make sense.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i think this picture came up before and one of those science guys...kano i think..said it was a mark made by one of the rover's instruments??

but it looks like a 3 dimensional object to me...maybe its a giant petrified lifesaver?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yeah, it kinda looks like it "sinks" in a bit.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It looks like there's two screws imbedded in it.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i think this picture came up before and one of those science guys...kano i think..said it was a mark made by one of the rover's instruments??

but it looks like a 3 dimensional object to me...maybe its a giant petrified lifesaver?

Yeah. It looks like a grinder mark.
There's another one here:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It doesn't look natural at all! What if this is evidence of previous life on Mars

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
however, it does look like it's partially buried in the soil...

maybe it's a handle or latch to a secret door leading to the underground bases that are on mars ?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It is almost certainly man-made. Look in the upper-right portion of the half-circle indentation. You will see two smaller circular impressions. These, appear to be impressions left my phillips-headed screws. You can see it better in the higher-res pic at the link in the first post.

The whole thing almost looks like an impression left by a lander foot or something. I would say definitely man-made though.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
ummm, I just thought of something, what if it's actually part of the rover itself and its falling apart....

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
proberly the UKS mars lander begle maybe thats a far shot

link   
It's not embedded.

Ther background material, has the half disc shaped object sitting on it, the upper half erroded away.
Then you see the small circular object in the middle of that, which is protruding upwards, as you can see from the small piece of material next to it.
It is an imprint.

link   
It is a Martian Frisbee. I am sure that the martian who threw it and his friend were too busy looking at the rover to remember to pick it up and take it home. Those stinking Litter bugs!!

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Did any of you actually bother looking at the link that I posted?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I Did i went throgh all those pics until i got to 52 of 53 and checked it out .Kinda a cool web site.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join