It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Experiment: Please participate!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens

Hoax and should be categorized as such.

p.s. Catogorized is spelled with a G.

Inferred with RR.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

I think you are WAY out of line here!

First of all, this thread is an experiment, how can it possibly be any kind of hoax?

And second... Aren't you the same member who got caught lying about your identity in this thread, which now has been closed?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14/11/08 by ziggystar60]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

Posters are not mocking this thread (or at least that's what i want to believe) but let's assume we do.
I don't understand why you're getting so upset about it.If you were a psychic then i'd understand but you're not,so,what's this about?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Thats the funny part. I am not upset at all. Every one is assuming I am. The situation has gone beyond what I was asking. My initial question as I mentioned several times is whether or not Hank was here still and what people were doing to reach the goal of the experiment.

Since Hank has responded I don't see the need to keep going over that one.

I guess maybe I should start using icons to show that I am not upset.

P.S. if you can't see the posts that are mocking this thread I am not going to point them out. Have a nice weekend I am off for the weekend.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hILB3rT
reply to post by Oceanborn

P.S. if you can't see the posts that are mocking this thread I am not going to point them out. Have a nice weekend I am off for the weekend.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by hILB3rT]

I'd reply but since you gave us a break i wont be the one to jinx it.
Have a nice weekend.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoyHILB3rt, there is an atser by the name ofBassThatHz who has started a very similar thread & he might be able to use some of your critical analysises? as at the moment he's only recieved 2 or 3 peplies. Also, I want to formally retract my GUESS of a written apology by Malevolent-Aliens as she has appeared here with a chip (not literally) on her shoulder...beware the woman scorned.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

First of all, lighten up don't take it so seriously and no I have never lied about my identity people on ATS know who I really am.

The thread was stopped and for a good reason and I'm glad it did.

HankMcCoy has taken a few shots at me so it was my turn.

Relax, it's all in good fun.

Right Hank?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
To end the off topic posts and trolling I am ending this early.

It was a blank/three white domino.

I have not calculated the final results as I was not expecting to end it early.

To save you the hassle, no one guessed correctly.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

To save you the hassle, no one guessed correctly.

Guessed being the focal word I imagine

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens
Relax, it's all in good fun.

Good fun or not, it is in violation of the Terms and Conditions.

From here on forward...for everyone's attention...

There will be no posts regarding other posters. Period.

Remain on topic and if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion then please refrain from posting until such a time as you do.

Further violations may result in immediate action.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHA I was so way off... I love it.

Another experiment draws to a close. On to the next drawing....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Party poopers and trolls stinnnnkkkkkk.
A white domino, eh? Number three, hmmm.
That's smaller than what I'd imagined. It was fun, though, TY Hank.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
damn!!!! I was gonna say that too

okay... no I wasn't

I think Hank should pick a new object and we start all over again

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Yeah! Do another experiment, these are fun! And I can't believe no one got it right. Or perhaps someone else will set up another experiment...?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoyI like your new signature, sounds like good advice...thanks for considering this newyears possible event...mike

Ex

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
That was great fun and I hope you do another one.

You must make the timeframe more realistic though.
A day or two, two weeks was way to long and there are so many opened minded and fun people here to play........

Domino..That was great

EX

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Thank you for offering us a great opportunity to have some fun and experimentation. I'm sure you were greatly frustrated by some of the posts here and I don't blame you for ending it early. Sorry this didn't turn out the way you expected it to Hank.
I certainly appreciate your open mind and sense of adventure and of course, your good intentions.
You are now on my "friends" list Hank!! Thanks again.....

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
To everyone who participated and asked questions in this thread, I would like to thank you. Each of you made the experiment so much more than I could have hoped for. I was not expecting hundreds of replies, and the amount of raw data will give me something to look at for at least a few weeks.

While I do have an open mind, I must confess that I was not expecting anyone to be correct. This experiment was more about how we perceive the psychic experience than it was about being able to see my domino.

The preliminary results can be narrowed down into just a few catagories, apples, human figures, creatures, assorted plushies, webcams, and then odds and ends that do not fit into any category. With hundreds of people guessing, you might have figured the spread of responses would have been a bit more scattered.

My hypothesis going into this experiment was that we would get a LOT of apples and hammers, and that people would see the color red. It was even my first thought to actually USE a red apple merely for shock value when SO MANY PEOPLE got it right, but I thought that it would make a joke of the thread, and I wasn't wanting that at all. While it -could- be argued that the my own mental expectations hindered the progress of the psychics, I did say this was an unscientific experiment. Had it been more scientific, I would have used a proctor to administer the experiment and it would have been done in u2u responses.

The initial numbers indicate that my hypothesis was confirmed, as apples and the color red were two of the higher objects/colors that were seen. The emotional response to the object was a red herring and had no relevance to the experiment, and that data was not utilized.

So, why did so many people see apples? Why was the color red seen so often?

It has to do with iconic imagery and associative memory. I could not explain it here, because I would not give the subject the attention that it deserves.

There is another way to do this experiment that some of you may have seen, but if not, here it is. Please do NOT state the answer to this experiment in the thread

Answer these questions to yourself quickly.

5+1
4+2
3+3
2+4
1+5

Now repeat the number 6 to yourself over and over in your head...

Now think of a vegetable.

(The answer is in my profile.)

Many people will come up with the answer in my profile. This is not mind control, or even programing on my part. It is simple associative memory and iconic imagery that we all share as a culture. Different cultures have different associations, as do different people, but on a LARGE scale, we have a lot of the same experiences and associations.

Thanks for reading, and always try to deconstruct your reality before creating the next.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hank...question for you.

Pictures 1-7...they had nothing to do with the experiment clearly but any relevance to you in any way. feedback would be awesome.

yes or no's will be fine, if it requires more than that I guess you can U2 if you didn't want to post here in this thread.

I pretty much tossed the "rules" and did what I wanted, so I'm interested and curious if I was WAAAAAY off with the images or not.

If you don't want to answer that's fine too I know it was not part of the experiment and I submitted them just cuz.

Curious.

TY

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

First thought was an eight ball?? magic 8 ball??

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Could we please have the confirmation by the Moderator that it was indeed a White Domino?

Just for the sake of integrity of the experiment.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join