It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1957 Atomic Revolution Comic Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Read the whole thing online here

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
An incredible find! It's rather interesting to take a look back upon another era. I especially loved the Tomorrow section.

Edit to add:

What are the chances that someone could make this into a PDF file for archive purposes? Of course with the permission of the webmaster.

I've downloaded each of the web pages but I don't have the software to do it.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Deson]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
theres alot of free PDF creation software around

www.primopdf.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thank you very much for the link. I should prove to be an interesting project since I have never created a PDF file before.

Wish me luck.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Awesome thread. It's funny because earlier today I was reading up on what countries are doing today in terms of Nuclear Power Plants, so this was a welcome surprise.

One thing that I was curious about is why did we stop building nuclear power plants. The answer was propaganda and fear mongering. The people responsible? Environmentalists. They would rather have us burn millions of tons of coal rather than use a proven, safe, clean, efficient, 21st Century Nuclear Power that is available today.

The good thing is that everyone is realizing (including former environmentalists) that the only way to get off of coal and oil is nuclear power. If you look at every country around the world, they are now starting to build again. This is one of the major reasons I was hoping John McCain would win as he proposed 100 new nuclear facilities by 2030 and put no restriction on more. I have yet to hear Obama take a position on Nuclear Power as every time he speaks about energy independence and getting off of oil, he conveniently leaves out Nuclear Power.

The good news is that all other countries are building at an incredible rate. We are living in the Nuclear Renaissance. If more people would feel as optimistic as the writers of that book in the OP we would have a much much brighter future, literally

new topics

top topics

join