It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious nature of the Universe and Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think while it's great we have laws that govern the Universe I think there should be a series of laws that govern the Earth. I'm not talking about you know those kinds of sociologists or psychologists that study human behavior. I'm talking about a series of laws that govern how a society will react to certain things, and, I mean, in general terms, which would be applicable to everything. It's good we have ways of explaining the Universe but it would be equally good if we had ways of explaining every day society.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
It's good we have ways of explaining the Universe but it would be equally good if we had ways of explaining every day society.

ummm ?

those kinds of sociologists or psychologists that study human behavior
thats what these people do

thats like saying we should build a car but lets build a car that doesnt involve engineers or people who work within or have understanding of the car industry

would you ask a librarian to carry out brain surgery on you?
would you fly in a plane piloted by a meter maid with no flight experience?

either your not asking the question you think you are? or you just shot the answer and are now wondering around looking for an ill fitting replacment

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
well write up a book and i'll rush it over to the white house for ya!

keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You mean mathematical laws that predict society?

I bet you've been recently reading Isaac Asimov's Foundation saga. If you have not, go read it, it's great!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What do you think religions have tried to do? What do you think the purpose of religion is? The predictions of social movements have been proven true and false on many areas. I suppose you would have to go and find the information and not try to make it come to you.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Actually, there is a theory that explains every day society perfectly.

It's called CHAOS.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Its a pity that you would say that. There is much to be seen in cause and effect. Unfortunatly you have made up your mind for the time being which will prevent you from seeing anything beyond that. Why examine the consequences of your actions if its all just chaos... why not just jump in like its a mosh pit and hurt as many people as you can.. because they will be hurting you...

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Dear Frank Idealist 35

You are on the right path!!!!!! Keep searching my friend.

Anyway, I AM CERTAIN that the laws of the universe were put in place by a powerful, intelligent, loving designer and creator, his name is Jehovah.

He has given us laws:

our conscience, for example you instinctively know killing another person is wrong, you know lying is wrong, you know stealing is wrong. But be aware that a "misguided" conscience is very dangerous.

and yes, the good book.... The Bible. If I didn't study the bible, I too would have a very negative view of it. But upon open, and honestly studying it, I know it is the "manual" for humans to live by.

I invite you to examine it for yourself

[edit on 7-11-2008 by holywar]

new topics

top topics

join