It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Either there is no god and no paranormal... or there are billions of good liars and dreamers

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
Now BM. don't get your panties in a pinch......there you go, the source.

kimolsen.wordpress.com...

Panties in a pinch? You sat there and accused me of dishonesty, while repeatedly using another persons premade arguments against me. I gave you a response from my own knowledge and understanding. You accused me of all those things, when you weren't even replying to me, but simply copying and pasting propaganda.

All the while, you accuse me of being deceived? While at the same time you knowingly tried to deceive me and everyone on these forums?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

Give me the verse that I dispute the words of Jesus.........exactly

Other than the ones given to you regarding your new age list that you haven't responded to, the ones about the Holy Spirit is:

Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.

Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. Matthew 12:31-32

You said that Jesus would forgive him, but Jesus said it wouldn't be forgiven in this age or in the age to come. Ages are around 2100 years each, btw.

*****He has already disclosed in the Revelation and in the prophesy of Daniel.

You believe that the Spirit of Truth no longer discloses all truth? That that promise of Jesus is no longer true? If so, then that really calls into question Jesus' other promises.

Its amazing how you folks hide behind the very religion you are alleged to support. I can bear all that you send because most of it is subtle twists.

My, my, my... badmedia was right, you do have the accusatory spirit, which is the Satanic spirit.

The King James Version is the only true word of God...

I have no problem with the KJV... it greatly appeals to my poet's heart. However, that version does have great problems with it's accuracy of translation. If you want to be really accurate with the New Testament use the Greek, which the NASB does follow VERY closely; and, for the old testament go to the Hebrew.

Or do you not trust the earliest transcripts from the original languages that the book was written in?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
"All the while, you accuse me of being deceived? While at the same time you knowingly tried to deceive me and everyone on these forums? "

*****Deceiving you is giving you truth departed from the twists and turns that you are in fact giving folks on this forum. I will admit that you and LIB are probably experts at the disinformation and debate by pulling out the stops of disinformational tactics. There is no getting the truth of Jesus Christ out to the ones that you confuse with the double talk and clever use of scripture that is way off the track. The Bible covers this as well for Christians that choose to believe the big lie. This also includes Christians that believe that the next messiah is the real deal He will not be and its getting close.

Thessalonians 2:11:

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
"You believe that the Spirit of Truth no longer discloses all truth? That that promise of Jesus is no longer true? If so, then that really calls into question Jesus' other promises."

*****The Holy Spirit discloses all truth that is Gods plan for mankind. This does not include made up religions, new age occult lies, and religions that exault man are false...................

All truth? according to who? The Bible discloses all truth about Jesus and salvation. Anything else are lies associated with the new age religion which is a false christianity.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

"You believe that the Spirit of Truth no longer discloses all truth? That that promise of Jesus is no longer true? If so, then that really calls into question Jesus' other promises."

*****The Holy Spirit discloses all truth that is Gods plan for mankind. This does not include made up religions, new age occult lies, and religions that exault man are false...................

All truth? according to who? The Bible discloses all truth about Jesus and salvation. Anything else are lies associated with the new age religion which is a false christianity.

All that you have been writing, tgambill, is in opposition to what Jesus has said.

Who is in truth? Not someone who is in opposition to Jesus, obviously.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Nothing I've written has been in opposition to what Jesus said. Jesus and God are the same and therefore God is the author of the Bible and anything that comes from the Bible is Holy and the only truth. All that I've written or said has come straight from the Bible therefore, its not in opposition.

Nice try however.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

*****Deceiving you is giving you truth departed from the twists and turns that you are in fact giving folks on this forum. I will admit that you and LIB are probably experts at the disinformation and debate by pulling out the stops of disinformational tactics. There is no getting the truth of Jesus Christ out to the ones that you confuse with the double talk and clever use of scripture that is way off the track. The Bible covers this as well for Christians that choose to believe the big lie. This also includes Christians that believe that the next messiah is the real deal He will not be and its getting close.

You passed someone elses premade comments about a topic off as your own. Not once, but twice.

You will admit that we are probably experts at disinformation? You aren't admitting anything, you have steadily been accusing me of this the entire time. It's like someone saying "I will admit you are wrong". That is "double talk".

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Nothing I've written has been in opposition to what Jesus said. Jesus and God are the same and therefore God is the author of the Bible and anything that comes from the Bible is Holy and the only truth. All that I've written or said has come straight from the Bible therefore, its not in opposition.

Nice try however.

If the bible was written 400 years after Jesus was on Earth, and the KJV you pass off as being the only true version was written 1600 years later. Then exactly how is the fact that Jesus and god are the same proof that God is the author of the bible?

The bible is holy because Jesus = truth. As it expresses truth, it contains and holds truth. That doesn't mean that anyone who quotes the bible is presenting truth. If you do not understand what is says, then you are blind. It is often said that without the holy spirit, you will not understand. As such, you are spiritually blind, and thus dismiss anything that involves spirituality.

39And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

40And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I can tell you I use the same comments that I would say, for example on gotquestions.com, other locations its called research. This isn't a paper to turn in to a college professor its getting the truth out. I can take the articles or comments put them on MS word and use a thesarus and change all the words etc.....but its not worth the time to reword all that needs to be said, to counter the BS that you and the rest are writing spreading lies and disinformation.

Once again you use distraction techniques but that's understandable when you have a weak position.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I can tell you I use the same comments that I would say, for example on gotquestions.com, other locations its called research. This isn't a paper to turn in to a college professor its getting the truth out. I can take the articles or comments put them on MS word and use a thesarus and change all the words etc.....but its not worth the time to reword all that needs to be said, to counter the BS that you and the rest are writing spreading lies and disinformation.

Once again you use distraction techniques but that's understandable when you have a weak position.

You need to research? I thought you had a personal relationship with Jesus/god? Why do you just not ask them? God says when pressed, worry not because it won't be you speaking, but god speaking through you. Does god need to research as well?

Sure, you could cover your tracks. But if you have understanding, then you should be able to respond in your own words and ideas, rather than having to rely on other peoples arguments.

I'm just telling you what I understand. I can read the bible verses, and I see what I understand repeated.

Generally, the time to research is before you decide 1 way or another, and before you enter a debate under the premise that you are right.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Nothing I've written has been in opposition to what Jesus said.

Why don't you look at the post by me at 4:06pm and address the oppositions you had posted, then?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Well, that was some interesting questions there and if I can I'd like to answer ( for myself ) I don't think that because someone doesn't believe in aliens but does beieve in God makes them a hypocrite at all. I believe in God the Father 100% ~ I also believe in Christ Jesus as my Lord and Savior ( I have that right ) I believe EVERY word written in the King James bible but no other bible, Just the King James bible. I do not believe in aliens or chupacabras, I do believe in ghosts. I have my God-given right as an American citizen to believe in my Lord and worship Him, We all have opinions and no one agrees 100% with the next person, We all see things differently. We are different people with deifferent minds. We can't call one another hypocrites or any other such names; We are forced to share this world with each other and we have the right to be able to voice our opinions. Why can't people just believe what they want and allow everyone else the same respect. I wouldn't call anothr person a bad name for believing different from me, they don't have my mind and my thoughts.
The way I see it; We should all just live and let live. Be happy and don't worry weather or not EVERYONE else is going to agree with the way WE want them to believe ~ Just believe ~ I have never seen God face to face yet I still believe he exsist ! Life is too short to argue over weather or not someone agrees or disagrees with us ~ Just believe or don't believe, ...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

I believe that because we're told what to believe is the answer. The church tells Catholics what to believe in the way of real science. You can't find "real" science in the bible. Your beliefs must make it real. Even the Vatican acknowledges this. Also, with the stigma of being called a "conspiracy" nut looming over you, most will not let their true feelings known. Thus again keeping the truth hidden. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

Flagged]

_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Seems that alot of people think they know the way ...they take here a little there a little and create thier own way to salvation ....
Dont forget these scriptures ..
Pro 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.
Pro 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

There's also a line within the same book that tells you that "God" would not write down his laws and teachings and that anyone doing so will do it for personal gain.

This book has it all eh?
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
For my own edification and to solve their issues so that they will see that their distortions and spins are just that. After this one, I'm moving on as its basically a time consuming exercise of futility to put the spin in a straight line.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Exactly what Verse is that, as I've never ran across that one.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

It also says that every man will think he is right. Which is also true, because we would change our minds if we realized we were wrong. As such, we can only rely on understanding, and the gaining of more understanding overtime based on the tools we have available to help us ensure we are heading the right way.

A good bit has to do with experience. Of which, can only be described to others, but not felt. I could never describe with words my experience. I can describe the feeling of going down a "rabbit hole" where thoughts and understandings came so fast it felt like I was literally "falling". But even falling isn't the right word, because it wasn't like I was heading down or in a specific 3d direction. No way I can express the understandings I gained.

You build understandings on top of understandings as well. Like I understand what it means to be free, and that helps me understand other things as well. In debates like these, it would be impossible for me to convey all the understandings that lie under my beliefs.

All of reality is based on personal perception. I've found one of the best ways to increase understanding is to try and take a look and understand things from the other persons perspective(golden rule). Then you are able to get a clearer picture of things. Failure to do so is what Jesus is talking about when removing the splinter from 1 mans eye, while having a beam in your own. If you look at it from the other perspective, then you will see the beam in your eye and remove it, then as you have both perceptions you can better help them remove it from their eyes. Unfortunately, that requires you to take a good and honest look at yourself, which is uncomfortable at times.

Truth is the only way, and truth is the only thing I can put faith to. That one day, truth will ring and man will follow truth instead of authority/power.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You are just one more being deceptive. He was talking about unjust laws that man writes not the laws as dictated by God in his inspiration.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It seems that we are dealing with philosophy majors and spin experts that reign with the New Age Movement. They will bring great deception even for the lukewarm Christians, like Joel Osteen who is a good example of how to distort the truth.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join