It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Cigarettes - Beat the No-Smoking Bans!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's not all good. According to this electronic cigarette infomation site, there are many chinese manufacturers making cheap imitations which are potentially quite dangerous.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I actually got to try one the other week and I LOVED it. I'm planning on getting one for myself. It felt real and tasted clean. Like water filtered smoke. Very smooth.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I read that the electronic cigarette is now being banned in most countries is this true?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
They have been banned in Turkey and parts of Australia. Very unfortunate for the people living there. For the first time in 40 years I am tobacco free. I don't mind a little nicotine addiction as long as I can get it without tobacco.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Eck.... They're trying to ban it in my hometown to.

I prefer my good old carcinogens, nice and nasty. Get's me where I'm going quicker, if you catch my drift....

But yeah, damn, if I can't smoke a stog after my Big Mac and Sprite I'm going to be one ticked off mofo.

Luckily there isn't one ban in Oregon I'm aware of. =)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The major reason they are trying to ban has to be because it stops money going to big tobacco comapnies.
There's serious money in keeping people buying cigarettes.

If it can't be promoted as a stop smoking device, fair enough.
You can choose zero nicotine and it's been successful for me.
But why it should be banned entirely as a choice, compared with the health effects of conventonal cigarettes is beyond me.

As an alterntive to inhaling tar and other carcinogens, and the second hand smoke and residue thats involed, I still thing it's a viable alternative for those craving nicotine.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

Yes, plus see how much tax money the government is earning off cigarettes... Smoking keeps an entire industry alive, as well as being important source of income for govt
One big tobacco company, i think philip morris, even tried to enter the 'alternative nicotine' (or whatever you want to call it) space by building some kind of ridiculous e-cig thing (completely different than the ones discussed here) a few years ago, called 'heatbar' - try googleing it! It totally failed

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy
I read that the electronic cigarette is now being banned in most countries is this true?

Haven't heard about that yet. I do know that most airlines have banned them, which is understandable given the confusion it creates (as electronic cigarettes look almost identical to normal cigarettes).

Most countries in the EU are discussing the electronic cigarette and whether to ban it or not, but no official bans yet!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy

Haven't heard about that yet. I do know that most airlines have banned them, which is understandable given the confusion it creates (as electronic cigarettes look almost identical to normal cigarettes).

Most countries in the EU are discussing the electronic cigarette and whether to ban it or not, but no official bans yet!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hey guys. These are really cool devices... I have actually used one myself. I think I can get use to using my Electronic Cigarette They are great conversation starters as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This product is much better than that one
www.myluci.com

they look similar with the new crown7 hydro but it is smaller and lighter than it.

it is a bit more expensive but worth the price, they offer a 1 year warranty on it as well. check it out

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I just stumbled upon this thread. I had never heard of the E-cig before. Those of you that have now used it for a couple of months, do you still recomend it?

After reading all the posts it seems like a great alternative to all the nasty chemicals that are in cigarettes. But, before I invest in one I wanted to see if the results are still positive. I would greatly appreciate it if you post your opinion. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Greetings,

electronic cigarette ? I was never aware about it.

Thanks to the original thread starter I googled upon this thread and since then been trying various electronic cigarettes available online.

Currently I am using this electronic cigarette and soon I intent to share my experience with you all LOVELY people

Best Regards,
Joan

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Skamindy77

I am still using mine, and I still love it. A couple of things to keep in mind, though.

First...I noticed that I was still craving cigarettes after several days. If you can get past that hurdle then its great. I think it is a nice stepping stone to quitting completely.

Second, if you go overboard with a high nicotine level and puff constantly (like I did at first) it could lead to a short-lived stomach ache. I think it has something to do with swallowing all of that nicotine in your saliva.

All in all I definitely recommend them. Its a little bit of a change from cigarettes, and it is nice. On top of the e-cig and now solely using my Vapor Brothers vaporizer I feel that my lungs like me a lot more these days.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The no smoking bans are about control. - If the government cared about your health, we would have clean energy by now, and climate change would not be able to be used as an excuse to take even more of our freedom away.

Smoking is healthier than fascism!

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Time=Now]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanitys Last Day

Thanks so much for responding. It's good to know that you still enjoy the product. I ordered a mini from pure smoker. I think it's delivering today. Unfortunately they are sold out of all the mini re-fillable cartridges and the light nicotine cartridges.

Apparently they are getting more stock next week, so I'll have to wait until I can get light cartridges before I give it a try. But looking forward to it. People must like them since much of their product is out of stock.

I just hope the government doesn't try to put control on this next, it's hard enough that we have to order these products on-line. I wonder if any of the smoke shops will start carrying the e-cig products & accessories.

Thanks again for providing the thread.

[edit on 2/6/09 by Skamindy77 for fat fingered typos]

[edit on 2/6/09 by Skamindy77]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skamindy77

I wonder if any of the smoke shops will start carrying the e-cig products & accessories.

[edit on 2/6/09 by Skamindy77]

I am sure smoke shops will start stocking them, but my fear would be extremely high prices for items that should be considered "disposable". I know my local smoke shop over charges on dang near everything they sell. However, there is hope for you. I do believe Target of all places carries the NJoy brand of e-cig components. You may be able to get carts there.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Target? WOW! That's surprisng. It's the last place I would consider to be carrying these products. I'll have to check that out. I did wonder if the NJoy products were compatible with the e-cig I ordered from puresmoker.com.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just a warning these things are made in china, cheaply.
who have differant standards of safety and are not tested to be safe/unsafe

you dont really know what else you get with that vapor.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join