It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Cigarettes - Beat the No-Smoking Bans!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think there is more than just nicotine thats addictive, or at least that attaches to the receptors for the natural feel good chemicals, and it makes it harder for some people. I'd just let it get to the point when you become addicted only to the esmoke though.

I'll be ordering this after christmas. Thank you for the thread, I'd never heard of them before. And my doctor gave this the green light.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanitys Last Day

Originally posted by blowfishdl
I wonder if they can do this for marijuana? Anyone? Hit the peace pipe in public? Does it smell?

You know...this is bound to be something that is in the works. However it is probably beyond the abilities of a kitchen chemist to create a liquid that wouldn't harm the integrity of the atomizer.

actually the atomizer would probably not be affected, it has more to do with how the atomizer is interacting with the "eJuice"

From what I understand, these e-cigs work like this:

you put the eJuice into a cartridge (which is basically just a small cylindrical "filter" that you put the liquid in. Then, the atomizer actually heats up a coil which makes direct contact with the cartridge soaked with liquid.

This works, because the coil is heating up the liquid directly, causing it to evaporate, hence the vaporization. The only way this could work for other substances, would be to make another type of "eJuice" with that substance.

If the coil (heating element) is making direct contact, then you couldn't just put it up against tobacco (or anything else that isn't liquid) because it would burn, instead of vaporizing.

That being said, I'm still pretty sure that one of these could be modified to work... but I'll just stick with my trusty VaporGenie

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Guys, this is old tech. They made these things in Asia for a long time now with different potency nicotine tablets.

Someone mentioned using something like this for other herbs, and the technology reminds me of vaporization.

Look up a volcano vaporizer..

-VAPEdson

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey guys i'd like your opinion on this,

I suffer from copd and wonder if i was to put some red wine in an empty cartridge, Would it produce a red wine vapour for me to breathe ?

Here is an article www.news-medical.net...

Do you think i should try it ?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanitys Last Day

Except for your ridiculously selfish, arrogant, and ignorant statement that cigarettes only harm your body, I am surprisingly in agreement with the concept of these so called "electronic" cigarettes.

If they truly are odorless, and without the nasty lung blackening tar, could this finally be what smokers of the world have been waiting for?

No second hand smoke, no odor, it pays for itself over time, and it emulates actual smoking. Is this a win-win situation?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
Hey guys i'd like your opinion on this,

I suffer from copd and wonder if i was to put some red wine in an empty cartridge, Would it produce a red wine vapour for me to breathe ?

Here is an article www.news-medical.net...

Do you think i should try it ?

First and foremost I have to say that I am not a doctor, and I am not qualified to give you medical advice.

I am also not sure as to whether wine can be vaporized the same way the eJuice can. I mean, it probably will to some extent, but the sugar in the wine is a quick way to gunk up the atomizer.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I highly doubt that the "red wine aerosol" is the same as vaporizing. Aerosol usually means that the liquid is being projected as a mist along with some type of propellant (like oxygen, nitrous oxide, etc.)

Vaporizing would actually heat the wine up, which I don't think is the intended effect, although this is the first I've ever heard of that.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply, Maybe i'll wait till my e-cig is a little older and when i've ordered a replacement, Then i might give it a try....Nothing to lose then.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wow these things are great. I dont smoke any more but I just ordered a super mini with low nicotine refills in vanilla flavor. I cant wait to try it while out at a bar or in a restaurant that has banned smoking.

I also wonder if the flavors are going to encourage children to start smoking these? I mean, some of the flavors i've seen are cherry, vanilla, mint, and of course regular cigarette taste but thats not for me.

For someone who had to stop smoking due to the health effects, this is such a great idea and cannot wait to start smoking again - e-smoking that is.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Cheers Scientist for the reply,

Maybe i'll copy that article and show my doctor see what he thinks.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I wish I could find the link to the original article, but it has disappeared. US researchers were studying individuals who decided to quit smoking and divided them on two groups: those who relapsed and those who quit for good without any help from Nicorettes, patches and other instruments designed to pacify the craving.

As it turned out, most of the individuals who succeeded in beating the habit decided to quit the day after Thanksgiving. It has been long suspected that this quitting strategy could work, but until now, there had been no scientific evidence that it really could.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
As it turned out, most of the individuals who succeeded in beating the habit decided to quit the day after Thanksgiving. It has been long suspected that this quitting strategy could work, but until now, there had been no scientific evidence that it really could.

What was it about the day after Thanksgiving that helped these people quit? It is an interesting choice of dates considering it is in 2 days.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

What was it about the day after Thanksgiving that helped these people quit? It is an interesting choice of dates considering it is in 2 days.

Well, as I understand it, if you decide to quit smoking suddenly, not gradually, then you quit "cold turkey." The timing to do so apparently helps.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

I wonder if they can do this for marijuana? Anyone? Hit the peace pipe in public? Does it smell?

If the coil (heating element) is making direct contact, then you couldn't just put it up against tobacco (or anything else that isn't liquid) because it would burn, instead of vaporizing.

That being said, I'm still pretty sure that one of these could be modified to work... but I'll just stick with my trusty VaporGenie

You know I might just have to say "patent pending" and go create it because all it takes for a mobile THC vaporizer is displacement of the heating element beyond the same chamber as the marijuana so that it does not catch fire. Same concept as the VaporGenie, but could potentially be very mobilized.

[edit on 11/26/08 by blowfishdl]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

all it takes for a mobile tobacco
vaporizer is displacement of the heating element beyond the same chamber as the tobacco so that it does not catch fire. Same concept as the VaporGenie, but could potentially be very mobilized.

ah, but then you will run into other issues, as these are not made for hot-air vaporization - they are made for vaporizing via direct contact to a liquid. That type of heating does not need to be as precise, or consistent. Also, the hot air could potentially melt any plastic / etc. that is inside of the mouthpiece.

The only viable solution without serious modification would be to create your own "eJuice" using whatever herbal oils you can manage to obtain, given you dilute them properly (oils that are heavily concentrated will still ignite/burn).

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I got my mini e-cig, black with blue LED tip of course, a week ago.
I absolutely love it.
I ordered from puresmoker and I am very happy, but unfortunately I seem to have PG allergy/sensitivity.
After some research online, I have ordered the vegetable glycerin substitute from elswhere. Can't wait till it gets here.

I have used it in several Nashville TN establishments, although I haven't been game yet to try it in a non-smoking business.

I wish I was working on commission, I tell you the interest here has been huge, I could have sold hundreds if I was selling on the spot.
Non smokers especially appreciate the fact that there is no residual smell, and no second hand carcinogens.

I've been stopped at traffic lights, even by a policeman, just so they could find out how I got my cigarette to burn blue!

Maybe I should by shares, there is definitely a huge consumer market out there for healthy, and cool looking, safer alternatives.
Especially before Christmas.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow, I think this is a awesome idea.
Especially odor free and no tar.
Would there still be health problems?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There are disposable cigars with no battery recharging at www.smokelesswonder.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cruzion

Your article on Swedish Smokeless tobacco snus is very informative and will help many of us who are planning to switch from cigarette to snus. There are more than 100 diffferent brands of snus are available. Find more on www.swedsnus.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Nicoteen is detrimental to your cardio-vascular system, and can also mess up your sleep.
It is tobacco that is harmfull, as when it burns, it releases toxins. Their are natural carcinogens present in tobacco,, full stop, but a lot, lot worse when burned.
Nicoteen on its own is pretty safe, but not 100%.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join