It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Cigarettes - Beat the No-Smoking Bans!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by senyushkin
After a little research I found this.

litecigusa.com...

It has nothing but good reviews, and is much cheaper than the product in the OP. I might just order one.

I'd never get used to smoking indoors. I can imagine myself still going outside to smoke, even if I knew I didn't have to. Creatures of habit I guess.

If you are referring to SmokingEverywhere.com... then yes, there are many many places cheaper than theirs. They were just the first page I stumbled upon. You just need to make sure you purchase from a reliable supplier.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think i found what they will be coming up with next.. Anyone care for a liquid cigarette ??

( i cannot imagine what it would taste like.. and if they would put an age limit on the product, just for what it represents. )

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The cartridges comes in various strengths: High (16mg nicotine), medium (11mg nicotine), low (6mg nicotine), non (0mg nicotine).

Wait a min....
There is an option in this world for nicotine-less, orderless, electronic, cigarettes..

Cigarettes don't even sound bad anymore...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SugarJ
I think i found what they will be coming up with next.. Anyone care for a liquid cigarette ??

( i cannot imagine what it would taste like.. and if they would put an age limit on the product, just for what it represents. )

Oh man...I think I have seen everything now. They are trying to get that approved in Holland right now. I wonder how long its going to be until its in the states.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The results are in!

Okay. I recieved my package today containing the following ordered items:

1x DSE901b starter kit (contains 1x atomizer, 2x batteries, 10x cartridges varying strengths, 1x charger)
1x Spare Battery
2x Spare Atomizer
15x Empty Cartridges
1x Riskee Yuice/Pure Smoke eJuice (High 16mg nicotine)
1x Cigar eJuice (High 16mg nicotine)
1x Coffee eJuice (Super High 24mg nicotine)
1x Vanilla eJuice (Fierce 36mg nicotine)
1x Menthol eJuice (Fierce 36mg nicotine)
1x Strawberry eJuice (Fierce 36mg Nicotine)

This was from 3 different orders over a 2 day period. Yeah, I got into it. I need to do some calculations, but this should be more than enough materials to last me well over 2 months of smoking. All in all the total cost was around $180.00 with shipping. Now, if I spend $5.00/day on a pack of regular cigarettes that would cost me around $300 for 2 months of smoking. It's already looking like a savings.

Now for my first impressions...well, I should have ordered lower nicotine level eJuices, but oh well, I didn't. It honestly is a LOT like regular smoking as far as how the vapor feels when inhaling it, but like I said, it is a lot of nicotine for me right now. However, after a few hours of use so far, I do not think I will be buying another pack of cigarettes. It is that freakin close to the real thing.

The real kicker is I was smoking it at my desk at work, and my boss didn't care. No one could smell anything except the added flavors. In this case I was smoking the Riskee Yuice flavor, and people couldn't stop commenting about how GOOD it smelled! I want to go out to a restaraunt tonight and give it a whirl, but so far I think I have a winner!

I welcome any questions from anyone as far as my experiences so far have gone. I know there are probably a lot of confused people who may not be sure exactly how this works. I will be posting updates with my experiences and thoughts over time.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
mind taking some pics of the various pieces disassembled? I would love to see what an empty cartridge looks like, and how it fits in with the atomizer. if it looks like modifying it is even a remote possibility, I'll scoop one up.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
mind taking some pics of the various pieces disassembled? I would love to see what an empty cartridge looks like, and how it fits in with the atomizer. if it looks like modifying it is even a remote possibility, I'll scoop one up.

Sure thing, man. I meant to do that yesterday but fell short on time. I have a digital camera here at work, and I will take pictures of the various parts apart and together for you. Just give me a little bit so I can settle in for the day.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here are some pictures for you. Let me know if there are any others you want.

Empty core (cartridge) still wrapped

Unwrapped core

Unwrapped core with both top covers off
You can see in this picture that the core is simply a hollow section with a type of wick to absorb and hold your eJuice.

Core with atomizer

Inside view of atomizer
In this picture you can see that there is a steel wool type material that protrudes slightly from the atomizer so as to make contact with the wick from the core.

Atomizer and core (Cartridge) put together
The atomizer and core fit together by pressure.

Atomizer/Core with battery
The battery side of the atomizer screws into the Li-ion rechargeable battery.

Everything put together
You can see the LED side of the battery here. When you inhale on the core it activates the battery to power the atomizer. The atomizer heats up slightly causing the liquid to vaporize. The LED side of the battery also lights up blue (in this model).

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanitys Last Day

Ya Im a bar owner in the NY area and I just bought about 20 units from Crown7 and they have not only helped my business but now were getting more busier then ever. These things are incredible. I highly recommend these to anyone.

www.Crown7.com

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's amazing how one would go to such lengths to destroy thier health.

I can never understand smokers. Sorry.

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

[edit on 13/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

thank you much! It looks much simpler than I had imagined.. however I am very skeptical of the cartridge.. it looks like it is made from 100% plastic... is that correct? If so, it seems like a mistake in design, as you wouldn't want any of the toxic chemicals released from the plastic due to the heat from the atomizer.

Thanks again for the pics!

Originally posted by mandrake

Right, and we are now talking about vaporization, not smoking, but thanks for the input all the same.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake

It's amazing how one would go to such lengths to post on a thread with a comment like that without actually reading anything on the thread...at all.

I can never understand people like you. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Where did you order from?

I am thinking of getting me one for Christmas

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I ordered mine from Pure Smoker, and the guy who runs it, Steve, is extremely helpful if you have any questions or issues. He has a couple of how-to videos on his site that you may want to check out. Also, I would check out E-CigReview if you are looking at multiple brands/suppliers. Dusty, who runs that site, does video reviews of various different types and suppliers.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Ya Im a bar owner in the NY area and I just bought about 20 units from Crown7 and they have not only helped my business but now were getting more busier then ever. These things are incredible. I highly recommend these to anyone.

www.Crown7.com

How have those Crown7's been working out as far as reliability? The reason I ask is Dustin, who runs E-CigReview.com did a review of these and found them to be...lacking.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I just spoke with my doctor about them and once she knew what it was, and that it was a steaming electric style cigarette with no tobacco, no additives, save for flavoring and one that was not a known carcinogen, she immediately approved of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanitys Last Day
reply to post by xxpigxx

I ordered mine from Pure Smoker, and the guy who runs it, Steve, is extremely helpful if you have any questions or issues. He has a couple of how-to videos on his site that you may want to check out. Also, I would check out E-CigReview if you are looking at multiple brands/suppliers. Dusty, who runs that site, does video reviews of various different types and suppliers.

Thank you for the info. I might be ordering as early as 11/25

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just ordered my kit from Steve (puresmoker) .... and signed up for their forum as well!

Steve got back to me within an hour after I got my confirmation and saw the shipping address was wrong. Talk about quick service!

So far so good, I'll make a youtube video review of the product once it comes in.

I ordered a 901 mini, as well as an extra battery and 5 extra marlboro "high strength" cartridges.

I am looking into the USB recharger, as well as 2-3 additional atomizers to keep them fresh and working well.

From my math, I will save at least over 500$ this year as I try to ween/quit -- and be a "novel" person amongst the office "smokers" who huddle outside in the cold at set break times!

I shall post next week with my review!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I just spoke with my doctor about them and once she knew what it was, and that it was a steaming electric style cigarette with no tobacco, no additives, save for flavoring and one that was not a known carcinogen, she immediately approved of it.

That is awesome! I am glad you talked to your doctor about it. They actually had a news segment on these last night, and they had a pulmonologist do a review and came out positive. Here is the link to the news article:

E-cigarettes 'healthier' option for smokers

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yeah, Steve (puresmoker.com) is pretty awesome about customer service! You should be getting your package in about 2 days after ordering as he puts his in the mail that day. Let me know how yours works out! If you need any tips on use just let me know. It took me a couple of days to learn how to be consistent and get the "feel" for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join