It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Jesus Christ Vote?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I was thinking about this just a second ago, and I'm convinced that Jesus would never vote for any politician. That's the real truth about Christianity and Politics. You think for one second Jesus Christ would ever cast a ballot?

Just a thought I would like to share with you guys.

but If Jesus would vote, who would he of voted for?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

wow...

wow........

that's about all i can say....

Jesus wouldn't vote because he would be able to choose who won lol

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

17 Tell us therefore what dost thou think? Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not? 18 But Jesus knowing their wickedness, said: Why do you tempt me, ye hypocrites? 19 Show me the coin of the tribute. And they offered him a penny. 20 And Jesus saith to them: Whose image and inscription is this? 21 They say to him: Caesar's. Then he saith to them: Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God, the things that are God's. 22 And hearing this, they wondered and, leaving him, went their ways.

Matthew answered that question with the above, specifically Matthew 22:21

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

"Jesus, he doesn't ride a donkey, nor does he ride an elephant,"

How would Jesus vote?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
well if he's left handed i imagine he'd use his left hand. but then again he may try to pull a switch and go ambi on us.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I would say the answer is a big NO.

Voting....damned if you do...damned if you don't

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Matt 15:14: "They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

Matt 23: They bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues."

"You shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in." "Hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation." "You travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves."

"Hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence."

"You are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness." "Hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, "and say, `If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' "Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?"

Thats hos Jesus feels about the Leaders of this World and Politics....do people make threads like these on ATS all the time just because it sounds good?

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Ephesians 6:12

" Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

-1st John 2:18

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Personaly I dont believe he would ...since he says his kingdom is not of this world .....
Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Besides that Jesus knew who really puts Kings in office
Dan 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Although scripture says Israel sets up Kings that are not from God .
Hsa 8:4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew [it] not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

So maybe men do have some say .....

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Jesus wouldnt be allowed to viote because he's not an American Citizen?

Am I right?

[edit on 6/11/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Actually, Jesus DID ride a donkey, but it certainly wasn't to endorse a political party almost 2000 years into the future.
all-creation.franciscan-anglican.com...

Reflections on Jesus and the Donkey:

A Triumphal Entry?
What exactly is the meaning of Palm Sunday? We know the simple facts: Jesus arrived in Jerusalem and asked his disciples to bring him a foal, the colt of a donkey to ride upon into the gates of Jerusalem. As Jesus entered the city the crowds began shouting, “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!” and waved palm branches and spread out their coats on the streets. But this story is quite rich with symbolism and points to something much deeper.

First of all, the waving of palms and laying down of coats by the people was no accident or coincidence. Palms were signs of victory and of military achievement. The Romans gave palms to the victors in the Roman games and emperors gave them to their subjects following thier military conquests. The Jewish people had picked up on this and in 1 Maccabees the people waved palm branches to celebrate the newly established independence of Jerusalem and Judea.

The crowds believed Jesus was the “King,” that is, they believed he was the Messiah who had come to establish Israel’s independence from Rome, to liberate them in a very real way as their leader. They wanted a Messiah who would be their political hero. In fact, the whole scene replicates a King or General’s triumphant entry into a city. It all seemed so perfect and hopeful.

And even today we want this kind of Jesus, this type of Messiah. We want a Jesus who will bless our politics, bless our wars and battles, and will be “on our side” against all our foreign enemies. We seek a Messiah who will make us the world’s super power and bless our armies, weapons and military conquests.

The only problem is: Jesus isn’t that kind of Messiah.

The irony may have been lost on the people at the time, the way it is lost on most of us today, but Jesus’ “triumphal entry” was not that of a General or a warrior. No, such men ride stallions. Jesus rode in on a donkey. This symbolized that Jesus came on a mission of peace. The donkey revealed Jesus to be a humble peasant on a peace mission, not a military warrior.

This donkey, this symbol of peace is important on several levels. The donkey is the animal that is often used to mock and ridicule others. The word “ass” is not a flattering one, we use it to ridicule people. As GK Chesterton wrote of the donkey, he is the “devil’s walking parody of four footed things.”

But, in the way that Jesus had of constantly turning everything upside down, Jesus rides in on a donkey for his triumphal entry and not only establishes this irony, but lifts up the lowly, in this case, the lowly donkey in the process. This donkey becomes the sacred throne for, not only a King, but the very Son of God. Note that it was a donkey that had carried Jesus and Mary at the beginning of his life just before he was born as they rode into Bethlehem. And now a donkey carries him into Jerusalem just before his death.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
J would forgive, he knew that this world was an illusion...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

The Answer is NO!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
If you already knew the answer, why did you ask the question then?

Imaginary people cannot vote, so from that perspective, no, he would/could not

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Of course Jesus would not vote. What use does the Almighty have for our petty politics? None.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Jesus would not vote because he would think that every one has a fair chance ./ (here is my tick)

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Perhaps based on "Giving to Caesar..." statement, the voting
would fall under that directive.

He also over through the money changers, but that was in
His Fathers House.

So World operations seem to go on uninterrupted.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If he rendered onto Caesar what was Caesar's, then I would say yes he would vote.

I don't know how he would vote but something tells me he would be hanging out with gays and prostitutes, or the ones that need him the most.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Here's a video with much good information related to your preceptive question...see: www.youtube.com...

Doomsday 2029 interested in what you think>?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

What did he say to Pilot? This world is not mine....

He wouldn't vote because this world is not his and he has no part of this one!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
You gotta be kidding right? Jesus is the "Heir Apparent" in a Theocracy. For those of you unaware of the concept, it is a society ruled by God and those He "Appoints." According to Revelations when he(Christ) returns all our politics will become moot. Besides, everyone knows that no politician will ever go to Heaven.

top topics

join