It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Crichton Dies at 66

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Michael Crichton Dies at 66

ap.google.com

Michael Crichton, the million-selling author who made scientific research terrifying and irresistible in such thrillers as "Jurassic Park," "Timeline" and "The Andromeda Strain," has died of cancer, his family said. Crichton died Tuesday in Los Angeles at age 66 after privately battling cancer.

"Through his books, Michael Crichton served as an inspiration to students of all ages, challenged scientists in many fields, and illuminated the mysteries of the world in a way we could all understand," his family said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Michael Crichton, my favorite of authors, has passed away. His books dealt with current events and possible dangers of such events in a way that made you inable to stop reading. He wrote books like Jurassic Park and Prey, dealing with Genetics and nanotechnology.

He also wrote books like State of Fear, which he uses real information from credible sources to play out a story of global warming being false. Conspiracy minded? Maybe only in his stories, but either way, I think his death is worth mentioning as he was an amazing author.

R.I.P. Michael Crichton, you will be missed, and your work always remembered.

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Existing thread : Here

Thanks

Thread Closed.

join