It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You may find this 'a peeling'...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Vicar went to hospital with potato stuck in bottom

Thought I'd lighten the mood with this little news story, I was sorely tempted to put this in the breaking news section but thought I'd get punished so here you go...enjoy!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

berth

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thankyou badBERTHA !
lmao
I really needed that !
I have been reading doom and gloom all morning!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

He happened to be nude at the time of the mishap, said the vicar, who insisted he had not been playing a sex game.

*cough*yeahright*cough*

Had that happened, he would have needed a major surgery.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hmm, and the Sisters keep their mouths shut. Or was he "trying to experience wickedness"? Or something else? Eww, "priests" are just so disgusting.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Perhaps the Vicar was also considering giving Mr. Potato Head for Christmas?

This is not a one-line pun.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Where is Spud's MacKenzie when you need him? Thanks for posting the article. I had a great laugh with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Very amusing.
I had to pass that along.
Appreciate the laugh.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Let the CHIPS fall where they may.

It must have been a PLANT.

This is a BLIGHT on the church.

You say po-tay-da, i say ouch.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
THAT WAS TOO FUNNY.....IT IS TRUE WHAT ONE CAN SEE COME INTO HOSPITALS....IVE SEEN QUITE A BIT....BUT IVE YET TO SEE A TATER IN THE RUMP...SEEN OTHER THINGS BUT NOT THAT ONE....LOL....TOO FUNNY....

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sounds to me that the potato was accidentally buttered before it was even cut open and stood lengthwise upright and the table was a little too close to the window. He must've had some nasty bruising from that sort of fall, externally too, if it unfolded as he said.

I can hear his statement now after being fired:

"The last time I hung drapes naked as a man of the cloth was the last time I hung drapes naked as a man of the cloth."

Next time I hang drapes naked I will definitely checked for extremely well lubed vegetables that would otherwise mash on contact.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
glad your enjoying the story

I imagine it must have been quite a surprise for the doctor to remove a potato that was carved into the shape of a Johnson, Weiner, Boaby etc..

Could have been a nasty 'fall' - the Fryer might have had his chips!

Berth

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Haha, its funny that they say at the end that they deal with these kinds of things in a discreet way....to the reporter.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

Oh goodness. Whatever happened to patient confidentiality?
I'd be mortified if a private medical ordeal like this became an actual news story.

The picture I can't get out of my head is you KNOW he had to have tried like heck to get it out before actually realizing he couldn't do it himself and ended up seeking medical attention. The poor guy was probably frantic when faced with the reality of having to go to a doctor. lol

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It is far more likely he was trying to...well...you know. We've all fallen on stuff before. How many of you have gotten stuff stuck up there from falling on things?

Granted most of us were probably not naked when doing this.

The sheer size of a potato should have stopped this from happening. It would have simply hit him in the rear and caused a big bruise, in my opinion. I am not a doctor, though. Were his...stuff... to be cut up severely then I could believe it.

Also, what kind of clergy man hangs curtains, which I presume cover the WINDOW, naked?

Peep show, anyone?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

LOL that is quite a funny image.. I imagine he must have put a pretty urgent call into God first before he gave in and called the hospital.. just goes to show it doesn't always pay to be a fully paid up holy man (pun intended)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Oh man! Reading that reminds me of something I read years ago. A man came to an emergency room claiming he accidentally fell on a light bulb and it somehow magically inserted itself into a certain orifice and it didn't break.

Potato or light bulb? Hmmm.. lmao

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hehe..

I'm also reminded of a potato joke.. this one is worth remembering but best told to drunk friends

Skip this part if you've heard this one..

There was a country bumpkin who went to visit his city slicker cousin for the first time, as a treat the city slicker suggested they spend the day on the beach, so they do and all day long the city slicker cousin is surrounded by beautiful ladies all day long but nothing for the country bumpkin.

So the country bumpkin says 'how come we spent all day on the beach and you got all the gorgeous girls and I got nothin?'
The city slicker says 'Look we'll come back to the beach tomorrow but this time put a potato down your swimming trucks, that'll do the trick'

Next day again they spend the full day on the beach and the same thing.. the city slicker has loads of stunning ladies round him all day but the country bumpkin gets nobody..

So on the way home he says to his cousin ' How come I spent all day on the beach with a potato down my trunks like you said and you got loads of ladies and I still got nothin?'

The city slicker says to him.. 'Okay, tomorrow we'll come back to the beach.. but this time put the potato down the FRONT of your swimming trunks'

new topics

top topics

join