It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know more about this vehicle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Found this on a site but there was no context or description.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I know that it is old... and all crappy looking?

Kinda looks like an amphibias test craft from hell long ago

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

looks like a poor attempt to make a UFO prop.
It's certainly not "real" if that was what you were looking for?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It doesn't appear to fit within those doors it is facing.
I wonder why it's there.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It looks to me to be an old prototype of one of these on the following link:
ufocasebook

Sorry I didn't embed an image for you, not sure how to do that, and my flickr account is full at the moment.

A_L

[edit on 11/6/2008 by another_lurker]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The nearest thing that I can determine is that it's on the outside of the building. You'll note the window frame. Beyond that I don't know. I'm guessing either a prop or someones home brew attempt at a flying saucer. The tail looks just a bit non aerodynamic to me. Also judging from what I can tell the main body seems to be some sort of lifting body design. Beyond that I have no idea. Interesting design though.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Looks like a early version of a hover craft to me..
but hard to tell.. there were so many different types out back then...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Its a go-cart i made when i was younger. Used to be able to get some serious speed out of the thing what with the anti-gravity engine and all.

Oh the memories.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i think i've seen this before, it's an early flying wing design i think, i'll see if i can dig something up.

pravda, the most reliable propaganda tool in the world (after fox news)

[edit on 6/11/08 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is an old failed attempt at making a flying saucer. Some say that these were made to show a public vew of secret military projects allowing them to work on the real secret projects undetected while the public was misdirected to these failed attempts.

The following are links that have to deal with Project Silver Bug

www.project1947.com...

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It looks like one of those Avacar flying disks that were made under a joint US-Canadian Airforce project from the 50's and early 60's. This was certainly behind at least some of the reported UFO sightings from the 50's on. Later in the project that developed these "flying disks", the US Airforce pulled out of the project, leaving the Canadian Airforce to plug on by itself for a while.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I made a mistake with the name used above in my previous post to this thread. It was made by AVRO, a Canadian Company that received funding for it from both the US and Canadian Airforces under a joint project. Sorry about the mix up on my part.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's an alien craft that just landed in Italy and is looking for a place to hide so that the occupants can do some abducting of cattle to mutilate and humans to warp their minds. The capabilities they possess are far and wide they can do anything you can imagine!!! so they're not here to destroy us, so why are they here? maybe to check Italy out and eat cattle. We'll never really know their purpose. There's no need for them to be here. Maybe they're just curious about these being's that bomb the heck out of each other. Who knows?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It is the 1962 Russian-made experimental aircraft "Sukhanov Diskoplan-2", which was a glider. Here's another view of it:
1000aircraftphotos.com...

Other flying-disk shaped experimantal aircraft:

WWII German Sack AS-6:
www.luft46.com...

...or the United State's Vought V-173 "Flying Pancake"
www.daveswarbirds.com...

Or this from the U.S. (scroll down to the bottom of the page for the disk-shaped aircraft from the 1960s -- the text next to the photo describe the avrocar, which is NOT the aircraft in the photo):
greyfalcon.us...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Looks to me like you pegged it Soylent Green is People.

new topics

top topics

join