It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO laser weapon ? What's Zap ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
interesting video and i'm not sure if it's fake or not ?

you can see there are a few objects in the video and some appear to be flying around the main light ?

here is the link to the story,
www.thesun.co.uk...

When they zoomed in, they also caught red and white vertical beams not visible to the naked eye.

Care worker Shellie, who watched from outside her home in nearby Hartcliffe, said: “It was bizarre and I was quite frightened.”

Spotted ... map of the area where the beam was seen

Spotted ... map of the area where the beam was seen

Betty said: “Through binoculars you could see clusters of lights.

"They seemed to form a circle and were attached to something. It freaked us out.”

some strange looking objects and that made me question if this is real or not ?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This actually made it to the second page of the biggest newpaper in england hope its the real deal or maybe a publicity stunt by the government because i cant see any other way the media would give it any attention.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm not really impressed I must admit -- for one thing the laser looks painted in, and looks like a half-assed job at that.

The Sun is crazy about ufos lately, ever since the British govt. released files a couple of weeks ago on ufos (rem the USAF pilot who was locked onto a huge reading over Norwich).

So they're printing any old story that's ufo related at the moment.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eniac

So they're printing any old story that's ufo related at the moment.

ok thanks for the info, and now that you mention that i kinda remember this story.

also found another thread on this ,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I saw this in the Sun paper but it also said in the text that the laser beam was only visible to the naked eye so pressumed they'd mocked up the pic. But I couldnt find anywhere in the story where it said they'd done a mock up, so was quite confused. That said, it's the Sun, so not getting too excited! Maybe the witnesses in question will find their way to ATS one of these days and post the originals? Until then who knows!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hi,I think there are too many people jumping to conclusions based on the
source of the story/article,and why do people think that it is a Laser beam?
Personally,I think it is genuine footage passed on to The Sun because
they did not know where else to put it.If people actually watch the video instead
of the stills they will see how quik the beams omits from the object's'.

Thanks Lewtra

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Treacherous
I saw this in the Sun paper but it also said in the text that the laser beam was only visible to the naked eye

The article states that the beams were not visible to the naked eye.

I had to double check it though

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eniac
The Sun is crazy about ufos lately, ever since the British govt. released files a couple of weeks ago...So they're printing any old story that's ufo related at the moment.

The Sun have been running UFO stories for quite a while.

They setup their British X-Files Section at least as far back as June this year - not a couple of weeks ago

I think it is reassuring that at least there are some papers out there still willing to keep the UFO subject in the public eye.

Good on The Sun so lets hope more media outlets take up the gauntlet eh

[edit on 6/11/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The red laser beam is on a 180 degree angle, taking in mind the footage is not mounted on a tripod, and the craft isnt flying perfectly parallel with the camera, this cannot happen, a laser beam wouldn't be able to be seen with that bright colour of red, its straight out of photoshop pallet.

maybe they should of choose a better colour, its just a red line with a feather/soft fill filter.

eg:

[edit on 6-11-2008 by fill0000]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Ahhh you're too sharp! This is why i wouldnt want to be a reporter! OK, that makes sense, thank you.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000
The red laser beam is on a 180 degree angle, taking in mind the footage is not mounted on a tripod, and the craft isnt flying perfectly parallel with the camera, this cannot happen, a laser beam wouldn't be able to be seen with that bright colour of red, its straight out of photoshop pallet.

maybe they should of choose a better colour, its just a red line with a feather/soft fill filter.

eg:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Hmm that was pretty laughable. I've seen better special effects on the Sci-Fi Network at 3 a.m. But hey... it's the Sun... Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Hmm that was pretty laughable. I've seen better special effects on the Sci-Fi Network at 3 a.m. But hey... it's the Sun... Nuff said.

While I'm no fan of The Sun and certainly seeing that Waynetta from the Slobs (UK joke) took the video I thought there were three possible outcomes.

1. It's a few mates up on a hillside (of which there is one there) turning lights on and off with the use of a couple of laser pointers.

2. Its a mockup / prank done in another way

3. Its real..

The problem I have is that we don't have a clue what a real UFO would do, the idea that it would arrive like a Close Encounters Mothership with super classy SFX annoys me.

Personally I doubt something from a superior intelligence would showboat, it would be probably unlit externally and maybe flash a scan or some such as needed and not look like a chiseled model.

So part of me wants to like the Sun story because it looks so ordinary and basic but it's The Sun with Waynetta so I'm OUT!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I live nearby. the radio masts are permanently illuminated at night with red lights as they are on high ground along a very busy flight path. This video shows an anomaly of the camera while filming aircraft coming in to land, in my opinion. I have witnessed aircraft coming in to land in convoy during busy periods. I became even more sceptical when I saw the photo of Vicky Pollard

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What are you talking about...everyone knows aliens are too kool for weapons.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well, if its real I've never seen anything like it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Im not disputing the footage being real or not - I just think that on this occasion the camera HAS lied.

new topics

top topics

join