It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Mathews: Its my job to make this presidency a success.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've been saying that once the media got Obama elected, they would do everything they can to run cover for him. There is no way this left wing media is going to let their guy and the first black president to go down as a failure. So, tey will cover up for him and paint all news in rearguard to him as positive. They will also use the media to smear and attack private citizens who speak out against Obama. Much like their doing to Joe the plumber now.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Yeah, well, you know what? I want to do everything I can to make this thing work, this new presidency work, and I think that --

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Is that your job? You just talked about being a journalist!

MATTHEWS: Yeah, it is my job. My job is to help this country.

SCARBOROUGH: Your job is the make this presidency work?

MATTHEWS: To make this work successfully. This country needs a successful presidency.

Video: media.eyeblast.org...

Be worried folks, be very worried.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm not worried.

He'll be too busy controlling those "tingly feelings" running up and down his legs to get any real work done.

Not that he's ever done any real journalistic work before anyway...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is very vague, and he's not implying things in the way you're trying to make it out to be, I'm sorry but he's not.

P.S. I love how people try to belittle others professions because of their political stance, talk about division and separatism. Chris Matthews is a great journalist, don't be mad because he's not conservative.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by -zeropoint-]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by -zeropoint-
This is very vague, and he's not implying things in the way you're trying to make it out to be, I'm sorry but he's not.

P.S. I love how people try to belittle others professions because of their political stance, talk about division and separatism. Chris Matthews is a great journalist, don't be mad because he's not conservative.

Just watch the video. What exactly do you think hes trying to say? lol!

I also love how in your world, a good journalist's job is to make the president look good. In my humble opinion, people like you are a real danger to this country. You basically support propaganda and lies, as long as its a means to push the agenda you agree with.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Too support your President when you think he's right and has good intentions. And give fierce opposition when you know he's wrong?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
Too support your President when you think he's right and has good intentions. And give fierce opposition when you know he's wrong?

Ok, he didn't say any of that. You're telling us to ignore what Chris said and instead beleive that he meant what you said, which isn't at all what he said? Chris didn't say a damn thing about opposition, much less fierce opposition.

Yeeeeah, ok. I think I'll go with the words that actually came from Chris's mouth. I mean, this is the guy that said Obama's speech should be added to the bible and that his words sent "tingles" up his leg.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by -zeropoint-

This is what is wrong with "that side" of the coin.
It's ok if we do it because we are right.. when you do it, you're evil and should die.

Right?

Party of tolerance?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ok Seriously, I'm sick of posting the link so I'm not going to again, but 70% of the U.S. population knows/admits that the media is biased towards Obama. America KNOWS the media is slanted his way. Even 6 out of 10 Democrats in the poll openly admitted the media was pro-Obama. If they push through a "Fairness Doctrine" it will only make these numbers worse.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I wonder who is paying him for this job? He should feel responsible since he's part of the reason Obama won. Chris Matthews lost all crediblity as a journalist with me when he spoke of the 'tingle up his leg' he got when he heard Obama speak. I will never watch him again (and I did watch him for many, many years every single day).

Dang, I really wanted to see his reaction if Obama lost.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Chris Matthews sucks!

No jagoff, YOU"RE JOB is to report the news in an unbiased light, to present the facts and to represent your profession with integrity!

Awwwww, who am I kidding. The media in this country are all a bunch of lieral shills. That's why the traditional media is dying. I say let them continue to commit suicide.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Chris Matthews is an overinflated, Dan Rather wannabe windbag. (www.stevespanglerscience.com...)
He lost his credibility about 8 years ago. His statements are not surprising and would certainly explain the negative coverage, 70% I believe , that MSNBC reported on McCain.

He is no more a journalist than I am a neurosurgeon.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
MSNBC is to the left as Fox News is to the right. Of course they're going to be radically pro Obama.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I would have more faith in his good intentions if he had said the same thing in the last 8 years about President Bush. All I ever heard from Olberman and Matthews were vile statements about the President. What should people conclude?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It is scary that the very efficient election organization for Obama will continue to manipulate public thinking for the next four years and the campaign will be ongoing for the next 8 years or more

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Olbermna made critical statements of George Bush. And just like Chris Mathews said in the clip you showed. You can't tell intentions, we'll just have to see how Chris Mathews questions the pundits on his show of what Obama is doing.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com... there is the full Video so you can decide what his intentions were. Oh whats that we should debate the issues and policies. He was just referring to the selectiong of the Cabinet and white house staff. Grow up and stop taking people out of context.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
MSNBC is to the left as Fox News is to the right. Of course they're going to be radically pro Obama.

Not according to the studies I've seen. There is one that shows tat Fox has the most balanced demographics and they also have an even number of positive/negative stories for Obama and McCain. The other networks were heavily slanted in the other direction.

Also, this:

Olberman compares Obama election to the moon landing:

Keith Olbermann proclaimed: "You've seen those videotapes of Walter Cronkite, the night that man landed on the moon for the first time, when Neil Armstrong stepped out, and he could just barely get out monosyllables. Politically, that's what this is. This is man on the moon."

CBS’s Smith on Obama Win: ‘I Wept Tears of Joy’:

To see the difference in this country, in a country that I grew up in, so many people have said this is not something they thought they would ever see in their lifetime, and I wept tears of joy last night." Co-host Julie Chen observed: "You have tears in your eyes right now, Harry.

Video: www.eyeblast.tv...

Fineman: Obama Brings 'Excellence,' Is 'Changing Everything as He Moves':

“Obama's changing everything as he moves. His victory speech last night in Grant Park...was so memorable on so many levels.”

Asked by host Keith Olbermann to predict “an overarching theme” for Obama's appointments, such as “competency, bipartisanship, diversity, newness,” Fineman went beyond Olbermann and trumpeted:

Well, it's going to be all of those. But I think, if you had to pick one, it would be excellence. Barack Obama is a guy who appreciates excellence and focus. He's a guy who appreciates results.

Dan Harris: 'We're Having Something of a National Moment' Over Obama:

According to "Good Morning America" reporter Dan Harris, "No matter how you voted, it's hard to deny that we're having something of a national moment right now"

So yeah, if you think the media honeymoon with Obama will ever end, you have a surprise coming!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

What I don't get is how suddenly it is Mathew's goal to make a Presidency work. I mean shouldn't that have been his goal throughout the Bush Presidency as well? Seems a little strange to me that all of a sudden he is all for helping the Country out. All off a sudden he gets all patriotic on us. Give me a break.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by -zeropoint-

Gee, I always thought that "great journalists" were supposed to have some objectivity. Chris Matthews is more like Obama's personal Lewinsky.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
we all know mathews gets a "thrill" up his leg when obama speaks. so we know he supports obama. he's made this clear and there isnt much debating it.

for years now dems have done nothing but bash fox news for being right wing. fine by me i dont watch them. but when mathews starts showing his left wing and makes comments like he made in that clip THAT ALSO needs to be called on.

i dont watch any news outlet, i think they all just tell me what they want me to know or they present it in a way they want me to see it. fox news is NOT unique in this aspect, they're simply more obvious about it.

just about everyone has been VERY critical of bush. im ok with that, we should be, but we should also be critical of ALL presidents and ALL politicians, not just the ones we dont like, not just the ones on the other side of the aisle.

i think chris mathews makes his bias known quite readily and isnt ashamed of it. i guess thats ok but i wouldnt expect him to be critical of obama, not like people have been critical of bush, that's for sure. i honestly think he's going to make excuses, overlook certain things and basically go easy on obama.

my biggest fear with this upcoming presidency is everyone is going to chant this phrase to no end "he had to come behind bush" as THE excuse why anything during his presidency fails or falls apart. and i think mathews in particular is going to be saying something like for the next 4 years.

i dont care who has a bias but lets at least be honest and consistent about it. if its wrong for fox news to have a bias then its wrong for everyone else. if fox news gets bashed for going easy on republicans then left leaning journalists should get bashed when they go easy on democrats. its simple and fair.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join