It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An undeniably huge cover-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
would like to start with the folowing exerpt from a book I found recently, printed on the back cover.

If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the Greenhouse Effect and stop deforestation...

Then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world’s paper and textiles; meeting all of the world’s transportation, industrial and home energy needs; simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time…

And that substance is—the same one that did it all before—

Cannabis Hemp…Marijuana!

Everyone got that? Good. The book is titled The Emperor Wears No Clothes, and documents all the aplications that the general public has been denied acces to. As for it's credibility, if you can prove anything clamed through it's pages, there are several companies with a $100,000 reward for you. An online version of the book is avalable here. I would like to see the opinion of the membership of ATS on these matters, as this could verry well be one of the greatest cover-ups in history.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Makes you wonder eh. This "grass" can grow in nearly every continent, up to three crops per year too. Paper, fabric, fuel, medicine, etc etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I've a question, might be a dumb one, might not be. Not about marijuana but I'm sure your thread title might cover it.

If oil is getting hard to come by, prices through the roof etc. - why is it that plastic is so disposable and cheap. Everything we buy is coated in it or made from it? Doesn't it all come from oil?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I own every update that Herer puts out and have been giving this book to friends for over 10 years now. I also link all the chapters on my site.

HEMP CAN SAVE THE PLANET!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
oh, there you go, talking about illegal activity.

Like the holocaust, it does not matter what your opinion or argument is on the issue. If you question it, your supporting criminal activity.

If you smoke pot you will die from a cocain overdose, didnt anyone tell you. "Gateway to heeeeellll"

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

It used to be what was left over from oil refining. Now its a refined product and its not reclaimed here in such high amounts in the US like it is in Europe. In Euope, most car companies literaly take apart autos to reclaim the plastics. An entrepreneur here in COnnecticut tried to set up a company to do just this but was shot down by the EPA and our state DOT. Tons of reclaimable plastics are literaly dumped by the train car load from Auto recycling plants. They say its not financialy profitable. The recycling plant I worked at for the last 5 years processes three train car loads a day and sends them to the midwest to be dumped in their landfills!
Hemp is the PERFECT renewable resource and the politics of its use are foolish atbest and suicidal to our economy!
Zindo

[edit on 11/6/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Although Hemp and Marijuana both come from the same plant species , Cannabis, Hemp has very little drug THC content, around .03%.
Marijuana has 3%-20% THC content.

In the midwest, there were leftover Hemp plants from the WWII era which were legally grown to make rope for our Navy. The hippies would try to smoke this stuff without any real effect.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yes..good old 'ditch weed'!! We used to take good seeds and plant them with the ditchweed patches in hopes that genetic properties of the good would start to overcome the not so good!!!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hemp? Definitely good a good resource. But we must put our heads together and come up with more uses for Kudzu!!! Its not just for baskets anymore. I lived around this stuff for 8 years and it grows amazingly fast. Sorry, you can't even cap a small buzz from the stuff.

www.maxshores.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

This is true. I spent a few years in the midwest. I was driving down the road one day, and I look out my window - Nah, that can't be what I think it is! OMG It IS what I think it is.

I pull over, just start picking them up by the roots and throwing them in the back of my truck. Jackpot I'm thinking.

Nope, good for nothing but a headache lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I would've done the exact same thing!

HA!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yes cannabis has some pretty neat qualities about it other then the obvious, most taken advatage of. Truth is, you can do everyhting with it, hell there's whole villages in africa built out of the stuff. Not to mention all the hemp lotions, shampoos, candles, well everyhting really thats available to us.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be legal through out the US and Canada completely. I know in certain states and provinces it's kind of half way legal ( like for medical usage), but legalize it, tax it and watch how much of the countries debt starts to dissapear. HA it's California's number 1 cash crop already!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
are you guys trying to get this thread closed, more about hemp, less about smoking.

i believe that the original reason hemp was banned was due to lobbying by Dupont after they'ld invented nylon. nowadays most rope is made from nylon where it's cheaper and more environmentally friendly to make rope from hemp.

at the time, rope was bigger business than it is today, but all the same, there's an awful lot of rope sold every year. you can actually buy hemp still, but the supplies are quite limited.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Starred for both the theory and for the obvious warning to keep the topic on hemp as a resource lest we see yet another thread closed because of that ridiculous rule.

While I do not believe hemp is this magical cure all for our resource woes (I believe it's benefit has been grossly overstated by people who support legalization and are scrambling for any reason to reach that admirable goal which they can find) I definitely think we've allowed the government to overstep their bounds where hemp is concerned. Decades of indoctrination and brainwashing have made the average citizen view any mention of canibis with a mind filled with images of hippies and druggies.

The real irony to me is that our society has moved towards associating anything natural or "earthy", including industrial hemp, with that same hippy and new age culture. When I was a little kid (we're talking the late 80's here, so not that long ago) there was a certain pride in buying natural foods and growing your own crops. That pride wasn't just in small communities, either, it was espoused in the media and even in our leaders. (I recall some politicians calling for a return to "Victory Gardens" when the first Iraq war broke out.) Then the commercial megacorporations like Monsanto came along, bought our leaders and bought our media and those feelings went straight to hell. Now instead of seeing commercials that tout additive free, organically grown, no hormones used foodstuffs, we see crap like those pro-High Fructose Corn Syrup commercials or news reports on how wonderfull GMO crops and hormone treated dairy cattle are.

Hemp falls into the same category. You can bet that right now corporations and governments are hashing out a plan to make hemp highly profitable and as soon as that goal is reached, we'll see hemp products up the wazoo.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join