It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trial ruled unfair due to sleeping judge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Trial ruled unfair due to sleeping judge

www.news.com.au

A PAIR of drug traffickers could not have received a fair trial because a judge fell asleep for up to 20 minutes at a time during their trial, the High Court has ruled.

Both Rafael Cesan and Ruben Mas Rivadavia appealed their 2004 convictions in the New South Wales District Court, saying Judge Ian Dodd was asleep for some of the trial.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I can't stand the legal system. It's a control mechanism passed down from the dark ages, where we're all meant to submit to some preconceived authority. BS. I bow to no King.

This is another ridiculous case of why the legal system is a sham. A flawed, human judge presiding over flawed, human defendants.

I wonder if the judge got paid for those days at 'work'?

What is it about some people, where they think that they are living gods because they possess a 'law degree'. Big friggin deal, all that you have done is study a rule book.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Word to your Mother, dude!

Law sometimes works...people that do bad crap need to be dealt with. I know it worked for me
Third time is a charm!

I know what you are getting at but that leads some folks to do stuff that isn't in their best interest, really. Meh, to each his own. Anyone can accuse you of anything, so there's a reason for trying to keep each other in check.

The stories I could tell you if had a need to know...people getting the axe for stuff they weren't even ever physically consequential too and stuff. Like "war tribunals"...punishing the civilians who stayed around to help out their fighting children and stuff. And vengance for the past is another reason to try to have sound laws. But, justice is lie I my opinion, so take that how ya want.

Kharma isn't everything.

new topics

join