It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hoaxing as an artform or a game.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
First this is just my opinion.

After watching the recent episode of UFO Hunters about the Tinley Park Illinois sightngs and after reading the thread about it something has been nagging me.

During the show one of the experts showed similar footage shot from around the world within a few days of the original sighting. I found this aspect of the show very interesting but probably not for the reasons you may think.

This is just a theory.

What if there are international groups of well organized hoaxers behind sightings like these? They may have varying reasons for hoaxing. Maybe they consider it an artform, maybe they are bored or maybe they are engaged in a competition seeing who can create the most complex rigs and or get the most media attention.

I think with very little money, some engineering skill and ALOT of time you could come up with some sort of rig. If it consists of ballons, flares, lights or other. I think making something isnt that much of a stretch.

I think we are all familiar with the outbreak of CROP CIRCLES around the world in the last 20 years. I ackowledge that there are circles which are still unexplained and have strange attributes. With that in mind, these circles started off as very simple shapes and evolved in complexity. Believers convinced themselves that Aliens or whomever were trying to communicate with us.

Eventually the original hoaxers came out and admitted they made the first modern circles. They showed the tools they used to make the circles and the technique. If they are the originators or not is irrelevant. By the time they came forward complex crop circles were everywhere. Soon after artists from all over the world admitted they were involved in crop circles as an artform and loose competition between other circle makers.

I think in the beginning there were legit simple circles, created by wind, natural phenomenon we are unaware of, or other. The originals were the INSPIRATION for the art.

I think there is a legit UFO phenomenon and I believe there is life outside of us in the universe. Lately I'm starting to believe that the majority of UFOs are all part of a complex artform and competition that is slowly evolving just like crop circles did. The legit stories and sightings are the INSPIRATION for the art. With more sightings and more hoaxes lead to more sightings and more hoaxes.

I know i'll probably get flamed for this post. So Let me say this. I am not saying ALL UFOs are hoaxes and that I'm calling you a liar or anything based on your personal experiences. Just that I think this scenario is a possibility.

What do you think?

[edit on 6-11-2008 by drock905]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
Believers convinced themselves that Aliens or whomever were trying to communicate with us.

Sentence of the month.

I'm convinced that non-organized hoaxers are behind a large percentage of mostly debunked sightings, but the phenomena is way to complex to explain all of it by hoaxing.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

IMHO Your right on the money mate!
I also 'believe' that majority of the UFO sightings are hoaxes or misidentifications while a very small nucleus are real. I feel the same way about abduction reports too.

It's very probable that we have groups of people, not necessarily connected in any way, trying to outdo each other with rigs and CGI hoaxes.

Sometimes we see a particular UFO in one part of the world only to have it show up a few days later in another continent. Some people see this as definitive proof without considering that it may just be a simple case of human oneupmanship or bandwagon jumping "me too" people.

As an example, when I was a lad, there used to be a guy at school who used to copy everyones stories and add a few embellishments of his own - probably to fit into the 'group'. So - we all got together and started to make things up to see what he would say and no matter how ridiculous the stories were, this guy always had the same thing happen to him!

I think there are people in our society that never quite grow out of this type of behavior and this may account for some of the similar UFO sightings and abduction stories we hear of as well as the deliberate hoaxers.

One thing is for certain - some are real and others definitely are not! The real art form IMHO, is discerning one from the other.

IRM

[edit on 6/11/08 by InfaRedMan]

new topics

join