It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvador - Does anyone else think this was a good Movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hi. I was wondering if anyone else has see Salvador. It's dated a little, but it doesn't seem to get its due. When I first saw it, in college, I thought it was a very good film. Over the years I forgot about it as it never seems to be mentioned - but in retrospect, in may be Oliver Stone's best movie and both James Belushi and James Woods' best performances too. It brought to light something I was reading about in a way that seemed real to me - some of the scenes are horrific and sad beyond description. Anyway, here are a couple of scenes pulled to let y'all know what it was about - On the second clip, the most difficult clips in the movie start around 8:00 - and that's saying something. What a tragic story. We should be ashamed of our goverments doings in Central America.

Go to about 7:00 and watch from there if you want to get to the point.

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Fantastic film and a very difficult one to watch. They don't really make them like that anymore...unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by John Nada

John Nada, I agree. I am wondering why in the general sense this movie is not considered to be "better" or simply is not more well known. It seems, as these guys were pretty young in making/starring in it, that the passion was just right to tell the story. And it needs to be told again to a new generation. Thanks for the post! Have you ever seen "Paths of Glory"?

ColoradoJens

new topics

join