It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect. Grrrrrr.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well with my step dad STILL out of a job, my hours got cut as my manager hired too many new people. 2 weeks ago I got 4 hours, last week I got 7 hours. This week is better as I have 18 hours. Things are looking up!

Uh oh, here comes that curve ball life loves to throw at me every time I turn around. Happened at work today, I get out of my van to start my shift, and BAM! Got heavy headed, runny nose, throat is getting sore. Yep, it's a frickin cold coming on. Okay I say, theres cold pills in the office, good I'm feeling better. They lasted about 2 hours because they suck. Now I feel worse.

Oh well, stuff happens. But it always seems to happen at the wrong time. Funny, I haven't had a cold in a loooooong time. This sucks. I know about this "Murphy's Law", but if I ever find you Murphy, I got a fist for your face! :bnghd:
:bash:

Edit to add: GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Edward Aloysius Murphy, Jr. (January 11, 1918 – July 17, 1990)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
When life comes at you fast, grab a Snickers! This most assuredly would have given you ample time to think about whether you should search for better cold pills, take crappy pills, or not take pills at all!

On a more serious note, I feel your pain. Things always do seem to happen at the wrong time, but then again, when is it ever a right time to have something bad like being sick happen to you? Hope you feel better, though, cause I've had a bad head cold the past couple days meself.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
LOL, thank you for the well wishes. I had no other choice but those pills in the office. But I can think of a few good times to be sick, but being the bread winner when my stepdad is without a job is NOT one of those times.:bnghd:

I hope you get over your head cold quickly.

join