It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I simply cannot get off this site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I can't do it. Every time I have an exam or something the next day and I am supposed to be studying, I get on ATS/BTS and lurk around, reading everything all the way back to friggin' 2003. I am ranting now whilst I should be studying for a Microeconomics exam, of which I haven't even gone to class since I took the last exam! I don't have a clue what the test will be on, yet I don't care. I'm more interested in this site.

It makes no sense! I'll probably just sit here, typing and ranting away, until the wee hours of the morn, go wing my exam, and continue to slack. Why ATS? Why do you intrigue me so?

P.S. Please do not tell me I need to go to class. This is a rant, and I do not need to go to class, I didn't go to class for the last exam and made a high A on it, it's very common sensical stuff. I just had to do this because it keeps me busy and from studying even more. :w::w:

MNod edit: title

[edit on 11/6/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If it's that much of a problem, why not ask a mod to ban you for a month; seriously.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's not so much of a problem, as no harm is being caused, but it is more like a war between my conscience. I've got the angel on my right shoulder telling me to study and the devil on my left saying 'eh you'll ace it anyways just stay on ATS and take what you get.' I would imagine that I'm probably not the only one who finds it hard to get off of here, though.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well, as someone who has ADD, I know how you feel

Although ATS doesn't get me too much, pretty much everything/anything else does.

Hrm.. micromanaging your time helps, but that does get old fast. I have a blackberry that beeps at me all the time telling me to stop doing something irrelevant..

This is like the blinde leading the blinde here haha. I've got a whole list of things I probably should be doing right now.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Haha when i read that title i lol,d for days.
*OMG wipes tears from eyes*

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
ATS actually submit the crack buzz via a high pitch frequency through your PC/lap top. They also lace your keyboard with heroin to keep you hooked.

Down with this sort of thing!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Haha when i read that title i lol,d for days.
*OMG wipes tears from eyes*
LOL me too.. I wasnt sure WHAT this thread was going to be about.. Sounded personal.

I do agree that it is hard to LOG off
.. i keep wanting to pop back in to check a thread when dinner is simmering.. or when i am about to fall asleep.. or when i just get home from work.. LOL

We need a 12 step program for ATS/BTS members.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Glad to hear some of you caught the hidden pun! But nay, I have no personal problem 'getting off' ...just a problem getting off ATS

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
If it's that much of a problem, why not ask a mod to ban you for a month; seriously.

Wow they can do that!? ATS rehab program, nice. Alexander_Supertramp, perhaps your professor or friends could do an intervention for you!?

BTW awesome user name and avatar ZombieOctopus

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hey Alex, if you really can't get off the site you should spend some time in DATS cause someone is always there... always...
DATS Bar and Grill thread...
Free drinks all night...
Zaim

new topics

top topics

join