It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electro and Pyro Kinesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me how these are done, what their aim is and what is accomplished as Id like to know a lot more about these abilities if you would call them that.

Also, can anyone learn them?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by breeno

I do not know much about harnessing either, but I could explain what I believe to be the definition of both. Kinesis - I believe - is manipulation via the mind. 'Pyro' obviously deals with fire, as does 'electro' with electricity. Manipulating electricity or fire with your mind seems difficult or impossible to harness in my opinion, but I have heard stories pertaining to electro-kinesis. Something relative to someone being able to dispense a very small amount of voltage from their body. I can not remember where I read this. A quick google may be of more assistance!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Electro kinesis = A Tazer.

Pyro kinesis = A Flame Thrower.

That's fairly simply now isn't it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by panda319

Kinesis is from the Greek and means motion.
Psycho is also from the Greek and means mind (among other things)

Thus, psychokinesis means movement from or by the mind. Similarly telekinesis (from the Greek for distant), means movement from a distance.

Electrokinesis would therefore mean movement from or by electricity (sounds like an electric motor). Pyrokinesis would mean movement from or by fire.

So I guess the terms you are looking for would be psychopyresis and psychoelectronic.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by panda319

Aye, disregard my post. Brain fart. I totally knew kinesis meant movement!

Kinetic energy >_> etc.

top topics

join