It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our current events and A MAN i met who told me about it in 2001.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

thanks for the post, definetly some useful and intriguing information there!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I don't know if human consciousness has the ability to change the reality we live in, but collectively it might simply be a case of, "you reap what you sow". If true, why believe in doom and gloom, when you can believe in a better future for all.

The true teachings of Jesus & Buddhism say more or less the same thing.

Jesus does not prophesy an apocalypse with the coming of God's kingdom on Earth, but instead denounces all those who put their faith in such prophecies.

Asked when "the new world" will come, Jesus points out that it's already here, but until we are awakened we cannot see it.

Bingo! It is THAT simple. Be here now. We are to live in peace on this Earth. What's not to like?

As for the exact thread topic, a person visiting a foreign country with his family meet a dreadlocked blackman in Paris(?) whom they open up to over snacks reveals the future, I say thanks but no thanks. I just can't be bothered with these things. They sap energy and concentrate foul moods of depressed anxiety. This is unhealthy and puts stress on your body potentially shortening your lifespan. Kind of a prediction I suppose

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I forgot to include some references from my earlier post.
Canary Islands: www.cdnn.info...
Solar, geomagnetic and seismic activity: www.springerlink.com...
Solar cycle peak: www.msnbc.msn.com...
Super solar flare of 1859: science.nasa.gov...
Zeitgeist the movie(s): www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

calihan123
kindred, yeah thats how i feel as well

exactly how i feel. everyone only concentrates on the bad in our present, and for our future.. but they dont think of anything good or positive.

we are doomed to have a bad future if thats what everyone thinks its going to be.

Yeah it can be difficult to think positive when your surrounded by negative people, but at the end of the day you're in control of your own thoughts, so there's no reason why you can't be be positive to others and think positive. However even I have to admit it's easier said than done, but it doesn't hurt to try. As they say, you reap what you sow.

Being into buddhism, I like to meditate and could meditate forever, just lying on my bed and dreaming of all types of positive scenarios. I even have my own beautiful garden that I like to escape too. It certainly helps when I'm feeling down. Your imagination is limitless, simply close your eyes and you can be anywhere you want to be in a heart beat.

Look to this day for yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision, but today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope!

Peace!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I know who the guy was......!!!!

It was famous ATS member, D4rk Kn1ght!!!

DK, can you confirm?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Good thread. I was thinking of bugging out to Montana or Alaska . . . hoping that the signs will be clear enough for me to see before the SHTF.

I hate to leave Texas, though . . .

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

it was actually Chamonix France. Up in the Alps. Not Paris.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

exactly.

i worked at a yoga studio/organic cafe for a couple years and it amazed me the attitude of the people who came in as customers. Such positive attitudes and they gave off such good vibes. I had some of my most inspirational conversations with those customers.

People need to learn the power of meditation and positive thinking. The affect of someone who gives me positive vibes lasts a lot longer in making me think positively, than someone who gives me negative vibes.

One person can really impact another's day by being the one who turns things around and instead of making every conversation negative makes it good.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have to agree there the past is easy to predict and everyone always does then you change the date of your story, its an entertaining and interesting story but with no proof or exact dates with events anyone can come up with this.
Im suprised that so many on this site beleive it but unless theres something more solid or i have an experience like it im afraid i dont beleive a word.

reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

:@

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Not to be a jerk but I'm kinda sick of people thinking Biblical prophecy
refers to the United States.

The Bible is a middle-eastern book. It's main theme revolves around the
Jewish people. How can anyone think that prophecy that is mentioned in
this book relates to any other geographical location besides the middle-east?

The problem is that the christian church in America has distorted the Bible
and has lead us to believe that it was written for the United States only,
how effing arrogant.

Sorry, I'm not trying to derail this thread and I'm not questioning the OP's
story, I just find it funny how all these "predictions" about cataclysmic
events center around the United States, as if we are the focal point of written
history.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

I don't think he was just referring to the US. but i think the signs he told me about were in the US, except the earthquake in Iran. He never said the events would take place in just the united states. He just said it was the end of times. If he did mention the United states it was most likely because i live here. But he never really specifically singled out the US.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Obama as the anti-christ? Now I know that you are delusional. After all I read a few years ago, in of all places, The National Enquier that the anti-christ would be defeated by an African American. This seems that Obama fits the bill quite convincingly now that he had defeated George Bush and his surrogates to usher in an age of peace and prosperity for the world. Now, what do you think of that?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameneter
Obama as the anti-christ? Now I know that you are delusional. After all I read a few years ago, in of all places, The National Enquier that the anti-christ would be defeated by an African American. This seems that Obama fits the bill quite convincingly now that he had defeated George Bush and his surrogates to usher in an age of peace and prosperity for the world. Now, what do you think of that? [/quote

I really hope Obama is a good and positive influence for the world. However if you watch is victory speech and when he finishes and is walking around and waving to the crowd and the crowd is screaming for him , just for one moment when he closes his eyes and smiles I can see a man who's ego has taken total control and is so pleased with this achievement . I was slightly worried to witness that.
I get the impression a lot of americans seem to think they have found their saviour. The guy is a politican.

Thats what I think of that sir.

Peace

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by irishjon1973

yeah i mean its just my opinion. I am not delusional, I am probably one of the most down to earth people you would ever meet. but if you take a good hard look at this guy there are a lot of flags that raise some eye brows and im not jjust going to ignore it like the media and his followers do. he has some serious question marks! He is just not your typical politician. he isn't the typical guy you would expect Americans to just fall for.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I sound skeptical...but come on. We are on the INTERNET. People on this site for some reason believe everything and anything. Come on seriously. I am a frequent of several sports websites and most of them have water cooler boards where you can talk about anything. The funny thing is that all the time we get posters in there that like to come in and write excerpts of books or something that they are writing trying to spam it out and get a general opinion. The funny thing is that this guy wrote him story in the exact same style of writing that EVERY spammer has on the sports websites. Seriously I feel bad for the people that actually believe you.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis Smiley

people like the majority that are on this site...

anytime someone takes their own time to write and post about their beliefs/experiences/opinions, there is 50 more people there to bash them and bring them down....

believe this guy or not... but you're here reading it, if you don't believe then X out and move on to the next page....

and like he said he took this guys story with a grain of salt.

(if this happened to you, would you be online the very next day preaching it until the WORLD believed you???)

cause you'd be preaching a very long time my man, people are too skeptical, they dont believe much cause then you are....... "CRAZY"

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis Smiley

When do you ask yourselves, "am I bat sh*t crazy or just plain ol' crazy?"

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Evasius,

There is this Atom smasher called the Large Hadron Collider. This is a large ring that is 22 miles is diameter and it runs two particles in opposite directions at 99.99999999999% the speed of light. This action is supposed to show scientists what happened during the big bang and they expect to create small black holes. This was supposed to happen last year but was stopped by civilians that think this will have a negative impact on the world. Now they have been legally cleared to have this happen again.

Their second chance was last October, where they did a test run of sending particles in one direction and succeeded. In late October 2008 there was a helium leak in sector 3 - 4 and the project was again put on hold. (Just think of all the delays, what a great way from stopping us from putting important dates together. The Web bot says November 14th, I think that may be the date the collider will run. I can not find the exact date online for some reason, they posted all other dates before.

I am thinking that this can cause the giant loud noise (Big Bang), The shock (There has to be some sort of energy that will come out of this), stunned (this could stop us all) and you can go on and on. I guess we can just wait and see right? Nothing we can do about it, people are to busy sleeping!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Okay, let's look at this another way. Imagine this happened to you.

Some guy appears before most of your family and knows the most intimate details of your life and circumstances. He basically tells you enough to prove to you that he's got some sort of special powers or insight. He tells you how and when the world is going to end. He gives you a prediction of an earthquake the next day, where it will strike and how large.

The next day the earthquake hits.

What would you do? Wouldn't the first thing be to get back together with your family and write down everything the guy told you?

Wouldn't you get real serious about finding land with a cave somewhere in Montana? Would you, by NOW, have set up that church and have everything in place or close to it? I mean, really, they've had like seven years to get it going.

If you were the mother, wouldn't you become an expert on ancient Egypt?

Or, would you head off to college and continue your life pretty much the same as it had been, thinking, "Well, that was sort of weird. I hope it really doesn't happen like he said it would."

Does it sound like they took this guy's warnings seriously to you?

Second, if you really thought Obama was the antichrist, and you had been told this, you wouldn't be wasting your time going door-to-door stumping for John McCain. You'd be working on your underground compound in Montana.

If you really thought there was an epic battle between the forces of evil and the light, you wouldn't be exposing yourself on a site like this so you could be targeted. You wouldn't be telling people where you plan to hole up, you would be flying well below radar.

Third, if you thought all this was true, the idea of getting a college education would seem like a giant waste of time, wouldn't it? If you knew how and when the world was going to end, would you do ANYTHING that this guy says his family has done??????

So I call b.s. on this one.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join