It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those CNN Sorcerers Are At It Agian!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Lol, they use there magic powers to make Star Wars (better than Star Wars actually) Holographic Reporter, why?
Because they can!
They really have no real reason for this, nor does it serve any purpose other than to get people's attention lol.

Those CNN folks crack me up

[edit to add]
On second thought, this doesn't look like a hologram to me anymore, it looks more like an alpha transparent composite, in other words "green screen".

CNN LIE'S (as usual lol).

What do you think of CNN's new sorcery lol?

-Lahara

[edit on 5-11-2008 by TheRandom1]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

First they brought in those touch screens, then the live debate feedback, and now they're beaming in freaking Emperor Palpatine. I think this is a sure sign that CNN has too much money.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Today on Situation Room they explained how they did it. They guy still refers to it as a "hologram" but said it was done with a green room or green screen background.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yep the only part that is flattering is the ability to overcome the subsequent lag from the client/server side communication. I guess it would require cueing of some sort. Maybe each has a clicker to indicate the end of their question/answer that is broadcast serparately like a "tape synch" mechanism on studio midi & recording equipment. There has to be a conductor.

The need for 40 HD cameras is a bit excessive though. I figure no more than 8 and a renderer to estimate & render the differential image. My opinion is that this could be done just as well with even 6 cameras as its only the front half that is of concern. One of the first rules in theater is to avoid turning your back to the audience.

new topics

top topics

join