It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian missiles near Poland to 'offset' U.S. shield - NATO envoy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Russian missiles near Poland to 'offset' U.S. shield - NATO envoy

en.rian.ru

KALININGRAD, November 5 (RIA Novosti) - The deployment of precision-guided tactical missiles in Russia's westernmost region would render ineffective a U.S. missile shield in Central Europe, Russia's NATO envoy said on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
"No sensible person believes in fairy tales about the Iranian missile threat, and that thousands of kilometers from Tehran on the coast of the Baltic Sea, it is necessary to station a missile interceptor system. No one believes that Osama bin Laden will be running around with a missile under his arm, threatening the peaceful West,"

Ha Ha how true...

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sadly he is wrong.
Enough Americans believe it to make it happen!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I wonder if this will be the crisis that Joe biden and the others were hinting and how we all need support Obama in this time of crisis

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
None care about Russian nukes. That's all they have, and if they use em they die too. LOL. Fairly pathetic watching Russia try and act powerful with a nuke arsenal they can never use. If they are retarded enough to launch nukes there is not a dam thing anyone can do about it, so why bother worrying about them? They fire, then we fire, then we all dead. Even they are not that stupid, so I imagine most of the west's leaders will ignore it. None care Vlad go ahead shoot hah. You can't...

Its Iran and other nations you have to worry about launching. If they launch it is not the end of the world but would kill millions. If Russia or NATO does it is the end for us all. That is why Russian grand standing with flying bombers close, moving missiles and missile test etc... is so 20 years ago
. Next he will...test a nuke hahah. That will scare the world...not.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Xeven]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

GREAT so we all worry about iran

now remind me again which pert of europe iranian missiles will hit?

oh thats right

NONE

*hang in im repeating myself from 3 days ago here)

the range of the shahab 3 will mean it`ll splash into the sea south of greece.

www.iranwatch.org...

so which country are those `interceptors` for attempting to engage since being based in poland they are too far away from hitting anything iranian.

to put it very blunty

www.europeetravel.com...

the green bit at the top is POLAND where the missiles will be based

the yellow bit at the bottom is MACEDONIA - at the outer (and slightly beyond) the maximum range) of the shahab-3

the distance between the 2 countries capital cities is 1,110 km

now - have a look where the SS-19 silo`s are in the Kozel'sk region and there flight path towards the USA

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Fairly pathetic watching Russia try and act powerful with a nuke arsenal they can never use.

Yeah, they can ``never use``... are you sure about that? Nuclear war isn't the end of the world, especially for those in power.

If they are retarded enough to launch nukes there is not a dam thing anyone can do about it, so why bother worrying about them? They fire, then we fire, then we all dead. Even they are not that stupid, so I imagine most of the west's leaders will ignore it.

Actually the NATO leaders are more likely to use them first with their pre-emptive strike doctrine. And the US leaders have PROVEN that they are nuts. They invaded 2 countries on BS reasons, they pushed Georgia to kill russians troops, they did 911. They have a pre-emptive nuclear doctrine. They violated Syria and Pakistan territorial integrity. They are openly building a missile shield, which in it's final phase will be able to stop hundreds of missiles... and they openly want to conquer the world, especially with Obama now and Brzezinski. So yeah, I wonder why they are afraid of NATO.

Its Iran and other nations you have to worry about launching. If they launch it is not the end of the world but would kill millions.

Yeah sure. Iran, if they ever launch, it will be against Israel. And even then, they will not launch, they don't have a deathwish. The mullahs control the game and even during the Iraq war they didn't use the chemical weapons they had even when Saddam used some against them.

The leaders of suicide bombers don't blow themselves up, they send other do it.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You don't prepare for current threats, you prepare for emerging threats.

With all the fuss people are making about these interceptors, you would be forgiven for thinking they were offensive weapons.

Let the Russians do as they please, their resumption of provocative overflights, and statements about being able to sink US naval ships "within 2 minutes" when they entered the Black Sea carrying human aid cargo show how committed to peace they are.

Maybe Obama will make all the horrible missiles go away for ever.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sorry looks like Budski beat ya to it.

They invaded 2 countries on BS reasons, they pushed Georgia to kill russians troops, they did 911.

One country on BS reasons. The Taliban had their chance to cooperate. Had our positions been reversed you really think the Taliban would have been "fair?" Also, can you point me to a thread where it has been proven 911 was an inside job?

They have a pre-emptive nuclear doctrine.

Nonsense. The US hasn't attacked anyone with nukes since WWII.

and they openly want to conquer the world, especially with Obama now and Brzezinski.

What makes you think Obama wants to conquer the world?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Obama is, if anything, far less likely to pursue an aggressive foreign policy WRT Russia than the current Administration is.

I would not be surprised if the Eastern European ABM bases are canceled entirely. I also suspect that under Obama, the US will no longer push aggressively to recruit new NATO members in Eastern Europe.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Russia is displaying an awesome amount of power, rendering the US attempts to start WWIII with Iran useless. You think the US is all mighty and powerful, think again. These Russians know exactly how to counter attack globalism and they are doing a mighty fine job if you ask me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
honestly i still can't believe that anyone who thinks that he actually possesses a brain, also buys Iran as being the reason for placing a strategic anti-missle system right on russia's doorstep. what would america's reaction be if the russians went ahead and made a deal with canada about putting a few missiles right at the border, along with a radar capable of monitoring all US activity on over half its territory? i mean, how freakin delusional do you have to be?! all one ever has to do is spend about ten to fifteen seconds (or longer.. actual brain speed may vary) looking at a map to see through this BS nonsense. for one, iran does not even have a missile actually capable of reaching europe. then, your very own intelligence has repeatedly pointed out the fact that their nuclear weapons programme was halted years ago. this whole story sounds too much like iraq with the alleged WMD's. and then they will say.. oops, sorry guys, didn't read that report
kidding of course, though this isn't funny at all. and here's why - this entire thing has absolutely nothing to do with iran.

i personally didn't make this connection until only a couple of days ago.
consider this:
1) following the Russian example, USA has now almost completed the north-american-anti-missile-shield (i'm talking THAAD)
2) America is now creating a SECOND strategic line of defence against ballistic missiles.. VERY close to Russia (it doesn't get much closer than this)
3) in contrast with Bush's administration, Obama is playing the good cop and has initiated talks about an unprecedented reduction of nuclear weapons.. up to 80% if you happen to believe the press

lets break it down:
1) build your own defence
2) acquire a concise strategic advantage
3) disarm or weaken your opponent

....am i the only one getting the chills here? god i really really hope all this is a just simple coincidence, and not some new doctrine potentially aimed at winning an all out full scale WWIII.......

EDIT:
oh well, a couple more targets on the map i suppose..

[edit on 14-2-2009 by gone_wrong]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If the US was really about defending Europe, they would put the missile shield in Iraq or Turkey or Afghanistan, you know, CLOSE TO IRAN.

Anyone knowing a damn thing about those missile intercepters KNOWS THAT.

Russia knows that, they are not dumb, unlike most of the american public.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

amen to that

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
None care about Russian nukes. That's all they have, and if they use em they die too. LOL. Fairly pathetic watching Russia try and act powerful with a nuke arsenal they can never use. If they are retarded enough to launch nukes there is not a dam thing anyone can do about it, so why bother worrying about them? They fire, then we fire, then we all dead. Even they are not that stupid, so I imagine most of the west's leaders will ignore it. None care Vlad go ahead shoot hah. You can't...

Its Iran and other nations you have to worry about launching. If they launch it is not the end of the world but would kill millions. If Russia or NATO does it is the end for us all. That is why Russian grand standing with flying bombers close, moving missiles and missile test etc... is so 20 years ago
. Next he will...test a nuke hahah. That will scare the world...not.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Xeven]

Actually I'm not gonna die, I live in New Zealand thank god. And when that day comes I'll be laughing at your cocky attitude.

I don't know why America is doing this, why would they make such a retard move, it only hurts them at the end. Iran will get stronger through Russia, which will completely demolish American influence from that part of the world. Why such a retard move? Can someone answer my question I'll appretiate it.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I don't know why America is doing this, why would they make such a retard move, it only hurts them at the end.

Like I said, I don't expect these bases will ever be built now, so, we're not

Had McCain won, they almost certainly would be, but I think the Obama Administration is going to see them as an expensive albatross they'll happily be rid of.

IMO the only reason they haven't been publicly canceled is to try and get something in return from the Russians - who appear to be backing down already on their plans to bulk up their MRBM forces in the area.

[edit on 2/14/09 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Russian federation inherited the 'illegal' ( under ABM treaty) from the USSR and has despite economic hardship maintained it alongside it's strategic nuclear arsenal. As i have now said for a few years it's the RF that has the larger and deadlier nuclear arsenal as well as the active strategic defenses to largely counter a American nuclear assualt.

Basically the Bush government ( and i suspect the new obama government) is trying to play catch up by trying to deploy these systems in the war against terrorism or the 'axis of evil'. It doesn't look like they can openly admit the strength of the RF so if i had anything to add i would suggest that Russia's apparent political power over Washington be a topic for investigation.

And yes, there is 'proof' of the very large scale Russian ABM defense deployments.

Stellar

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

you're thinking along the same lines as myself there. i personally will never forget that little contest the US had with Russia a while back. you know the one where some 5, 10, and 15 cm metal spheres were released in space (from a shuttle if i remember correct), and both countries were supposed to track them. apparently the american system did not even pick up the smallest spheres at all.
unfortunately your point isn't as good as it used to be be - largely because of the huge gaps now present within the russian ABM shield (due to destruction of some radar facilities in ex soviet countries), as well as general equipment aging and usual lack of maintenance, despite the official propaganda.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gone_wrong
you're thinking along the same lines as myself there. i personally will never forget that little contest the US had with Russia a while back. you know the one where some 5, 10, and 15 cm metal spheres were released in space (from a shuttle if i remember correct), and both countries were supposed to track them. apparently the american system did not even pick up the smallest spheres at all.

Can't recall hearing about it but i wouldn't be too surprised. Having said that it all depends on the orbits and it makes sense that the RF with it's far more widely dispersed, and i would say modern, tracking stations would have the upper hand.

unfortunately your point isn't as good as it used to be be - largely because of the huge gaps now present within the russian ABM shield (due to destruction of some radar facilities in ex soviet countries),

It isn't a 'shield' and the gaps you are referring to are in the early warning coverage areas ; at least depending on what you choose to believe. As far as my best information goes these so called gaps are largely illusory ( will you plan your war around the hope that the electricity is out on that night?) and would require that the US sea based missile forces be moved to areas where these gaps are supposed to be. This is all presuming that either of these powers would go to war without the military build up's that would occasion a decision to go to war with the other. As a attack by one or two American Ohio's poses no serious risk to Russian strategic forces these 'gaps' are not important in that they wont prevent Russian S-300 and the Moscow ABM defenses from functioning to protect their assigned targets from this relatively small attack.

as well as general equipment aging and usual lack of maintenance, despite the official propaganda.

The official propaganda has largely played into the hands of those who have done so much to paint Russian as a former superpower which completely lost it's power. That these agencies have never introduced reliable means of validating these claims about Russian strategic forces should be telling but perhaps it's enough to just make claims in a world where 'terrorist' are now the supposed pre-eminent threat?

Russia upgraded and maintained it's strategic rocket forces while they always seemed to have found the funds to upgrade older versions of the S-300 and older dual use ( Sam/ABM) types as well as to deploy newly built systems of the S-300 class.

I am , as you seem to be, well aware of all the data and rumors about this issue but strangely they have in my reading never panned out much when it comes to actual Russian government sources and general data checking. Despite the fact that i consider Mr Podvig to be in the disarmanent camp ( Nothing works, even when it does) , and he works for such a agency, perhaps his very conservative estimations of how well Russian early warning works might go some way for you?

russianforces.org...

Stellar

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

I don't know why America is doing this, why would they make such a retard move, it only hurts them at the end.

Like I said, I don't expect these bases will ever be built now, so, we're not

Had McCain won, they almost certainly would be, but I think the Obama Administration is going to see them as an expensive albatross they'll happily be rid of.

IMO the only reason they haven't been publicly canceled is to try and get something in return from the Russians - who appear to be backing down already on their plans to bulk up their MRBM forces in the area.

[edit on 2/14/09 by xmotex]

People are really hoping Obama will bring change and I don't know why? Another 'why' question am I getting anoying? Well if you can remember Bush had the same lines on his speeches when he ran for President the first time, "Change" "Change" "Change".... Just because Obama is black doesn't make a difference, we should be optimistic but not fools. fool me once... shame on.. You get what I mean.

top topics

join