It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone making me feel guilty for NOT liking our new president (elect)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

A friendly reminder...

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Let's all show an iota of civility and decorum. This topic can be discussed in a courteous manner.

Adherence to this simple request is expected.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You sound like you want the voice of all those who dissent to be silent. That sounds like tyranny, sir. And I would question your motives and maturity for even suggesting such.

Where did I say that dissenters should be silenced. Your posts on this thread and others about Obama today make it clear, as well as your signature, that you do not accept Obama as President. That clearly means that you do not accept the Constitution of the US, and that has one word- anarchy. If everyone believed as you, that they don't have to ACCEPT the winner of the election as the President, then we would have a president of half the people(52% to be more exact). I did not vote for Obama, but I do accept that he will be the President of all the people, even you, unless of course, you are prepared to renounce your citizenship. Are you going to do that?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I'm guessing that you don't see anything 'cultish' about this either ?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MetatronCubensis

What is wrong with a cult? It is the foundation of any CULTure.

You can only judge a cult on its fruits not because it is a cult.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

ENOUGH!!!

Apparently, some things bear repeating.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Let's all show an iota of civility and decorum. This topic can be discussed in a courteous manner. Personal attacks will not be condoned.

Adherence to this simple request is expected.

Fair warning, has been given before Staff action is taken.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here is something to think about..... my experience has been that the majority of people associate ideas with symbolism. By that I mean, Barack Obama represents needed change in America. I don't think it is so much about Barack Obama as it is you being perceived as being against needed change.

Of course, there are always going to be a butt load of folks that have the two glued together.... but just something to mull over.

IMEO, of course.

Dave

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by sos37

You sound like you want the voice of all those who dissent to be silent. That sounds like tyranny, sir. And I would question your motives and maturity for even suggesting such.

Where did I say that dissenters should be silenced. Your posts on this thread and others about Obama today make it clear, as well as your signature, that you do not accept Obama as President. That clearly means that you do not accept the Constitution of the US, and that has one word- anarchy. If everyone believed as you, that they don't have to ACCEPT the winner of the election as the President, then we would have a president of half the people(52% to be more exact). I did not vote for Obama, but I do accept that he will be the President of all the people, even you, unless of course, you are prepared to renounce your citizenship. Are you going to do that?

Show me where in the Constitution it says I must accept the elected man or woman as my president?

When I say I will not accept this man as my president, I mean I will not acknowledge him as "President" in conversation or in print.

As for renouncing my citizenship - dream on. Obama has yet to prove that he is IN FACT a natural born U.S. citizen by showing his vaulted copy of his birth certificate.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by sos37]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Speaking as a member here, we need to take a step back and take a deep breathe or twelve...

President-elect Obama deserves a chance to prove both the faith people have expressed, or the doubt others have expressed.

As I've stated elsewhere, maybe even here..., he needs to be judged on what he actually does, than what we hope/fear he will do. Do all of you see the differance? Let's just wait and see what he does. There is time enough to complain, and to replace him, if neccessary...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I was responding to someone else but ...
If you don't find this video a little scary -
let's just say we don't see eye to eye.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
For all those Dr Who fans, remember the last 2 of season 3 where "The Master" another time lord but somewhat twisted, travels in time, turns future humans who left earth to find a new home into floating spheres who can kill.

He goes back to our time, and takes over using a cell phone subliminal wave using a satalite network he designed. this kind of post just adds to my believe that we can see them manuevering ideas with movies, tv, commercials, ads..even buildings and signs have I believe, communication codes of some kind.

this election was likely brought to you by "Misperceive our intentions so we can deceive you all inc." im not buying a thing.

OH my gosh I love it, this is exactly it.

There was a person in the booth next to my son on the cell phone getting instruction on each choice, he voted Obama,How many people are out there like him?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Speaking as a Mod here, there will be serious repercussions for those that can not discuss political topics with civility. Yes this is a heated subject. If you want to wallow in personal tripe, post it on other sites. ATS is not for this.

FINAL VERBAL WARNING

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
"Everyone says "Give him a chance before you hate him!" isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Let him prove himself then love him? Im pretty sure this is how the world works. You don't get married to someone then see if you like them."

That may be true, but isn't a person innocent until proven guilty?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Thank you for implying about and challenging my character over the internet. For your information, I voted Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That's very true... But attempting to demonize him before he's even visited the White House seems a bit excessive to me...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I got into an argument with a neighbor of mine just now. He commented that the terrorists must be celebrating Obama's election and I bit his head off telling him I was sick of that crap. He tried to rejoin by saying it was a joke and I said not it isn't there is nothing funny about it... he is not going to be my president and he is not going to be your president... he's going to be our president. I was told to go F off.

I don't care if he or anyone else likes the man or not... cut the crap... can the smears and give the fellow a chance. If anything he needs ALL of our prayers and good wishes.

I have heard the man called a coward because he is more interested in peace than war. I have read such sentiments on here. Think about it though... think about all the race hatred that still exists in this country. Think about the multiple threats on his life. Every time Obama stepped out in front of those crowds of 50, 60, 80, 100,000 people he put his life on the line and there is no saying that he did not know it.

That is not the act of a coward. Far from it. It was the act of a man with a deep and abiding sense of confidence and courage and inner strength.

The politics of hate and division is a poison in the lifeblood of our country and it needs to stop before it tears us apart.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not anyone, anywhere, can know the future, including Barack Obama.

Whom ever was/is truly in what we may label as "control" does not know the future.

You, or I, do not know the future.

We can label the future in the category of probabilities and ultimately a projected thought form. ..Just an Image in our consciousness.

It seems we are trapped within hope, the hope of a better future...The promise of a better "Image" in our consciousness.

It is becoming more evident that the primary purpose of each individual on the planet is to wake up out of this dream, and in some cases a nightmare.

Waking up requires no savior.

Waking up can only happen through you.

Waking up requires the simplest of what may be perceived as an action.

Waking up is being certain of one thing.

Waking up is realizing that all I can be, is certain of this moment. That I am typing this, that you are reading this, that I am breathing and life is hereand now

Waking up is knowing that the future is uncertainty.

Waking up is Power.

Waking up is recognizing that everyone is this power.

Waking up is realizing that your power cannot be given to you, or taken away.

Waking up is realizing you are life, power and love.

Waking up is seeing yourself in everything and everyone.

Waking up is realizing you cannot wake up in the future.

Perhaps the one's we label as the "powers that be" may recognize this.

Perhaps Barack Obama may recognize this.

Perhaps absolute power is not a luxury for the elite.

Perhaps absolute power is the most fundamental characteristic of each living being on this planet, and throughout the universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join