It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Song synchronicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This has happened to me a few times recently, curious if anyone has experienced the same?

Driving along, flicking between 6 pre-tuned radio stations in my car. I hear a song playing on one channel, and then, after flicking to another channel a few minutes later, the same song is playing. This morning it was "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by The Beatles.

I'm thinking coincidence, or maybe all the radio stations in my city share playlists or something? Any ideas? Just random coincidences? It's happening more often to me ... and I do tend to look for "signs" and "messages" in my daily life, so could it be clues that things are how they should be?

Anyway, all opinions respected if anyone is going through the same thing.

Thanks,
Chaz.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have quite often been able to predict songs, or at least the artist, before they come onto the air.

I don't know what to make of that.

The strangest thing I expereicnes was one night I had a dream in which I was trying to catch a plane to go to California.

The next morning as I stopped at a red light, I was thinking about that dream.... and just then the song "Going to California" came on the air.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I've observed that on "jack" format stations.

Something else that I've experienced is thinking of a song or talking about a band to a friend before whipping on the radio only to hear the exact song.

Maybe there's a cue broadcasted telepathically by the dj sitting next to the 50 kilowatt amplifier hehehe.

Interesting though, nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Maybe you guys just like # music.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
No, I don't think that's it, Potato, as I happen to like really great music. Your answer was a bit of a waste of time, actually, but thanks for responding.

Anyone else have any theories?

Chaz.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I would have to second Atlantican. I hear that all the time on Jack stations. Most of them are all owned by the same company, so I imagine they still do share play lists.

Have you ever had it where you've had a song in your head all day long and you can't get rid of it until it finally comes on the radio?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaz
No, I don't think that's it, Potato, as I happen to like really great music. Your answer was a bit of a waste of time, actually, but thanks for responding.
Anyone else have any theories?

I agree that the Spudster could focus a little better...play nice and all that...

And as to your thread, I've been working a theory for the better part of a lifetime...that when you are 'in tune' with yourself and your surroundings, life tends to have a soundtrack. I know that sounds unlikely, but when you apply my second theory...that man is by nature a spiritual creature in a spiritual universe, and that spirituality takes the form that you give it...well, then it ain't so wacky after all.

But if we start a new church or something, like I get to be Pope, eh?

Just a quick edit to say that shortly after posting this, I got into the car and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was playing on the radio! (Reference to original post)

If that isn't a nod from on high confirming my Papacy, well, I'll eat my fancy hat!!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

JohnnyCanuck, I never thought of that, but I really like that idea. Funny, it fits with certain times of my life too. All hail pope Johnny!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
My strangest experience regarding a song was when I got an email last year from a friend who moved to the States from Scotland about 18 years ago. I hadn't heard from him all this time so it was a surprise.

When he lived here we used to swap music and one of the songs he played a lot was Alan Parson's Project's - Eye in The Sky. The same day I got his email I was in a diy store and they were playing that very same song through the speakers. I hadn't heard it in donkey's years and know for fact that even if I hadn't gotten the email from my friend I'd have thought of him at that moment.

Next day I was browsing youtube and looking through UFO clips, lenticular clouds etc. I came across a nice cloud clip with Eye in the Sky playing in the background.

top topics

join