It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California GOP Files FEC Complaint Over Obama Visit to Grandmother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I saw this and had to post this on ATS...

Give the guy a break, his grandmother just died!

The release forwarded word that the California Republican Party filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, in part because of a visit Sen. Barack Obama made to his dying grandmother. "Obama for America violated federal law by converting its campaign funds to Senator Obama's personal use," the release stated. "Senator Obama recently traveled to Hawaii to visit his sick grandmother. This was the right thing for any grandson to do -- at his own expense -- but it was not travel that his campaign may fund."

Link to Source

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/11/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

Oh come on that's so mean spirited and hateful besides with his status as a presidential candidate with all that implies and entails what was he supposed to do book a seat on southwest airlines?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326
After the foul posts made in threads here about Madelyn Dunham's death, nothing would surprise me.

The amount of hatred that has been revealed by this election is just insane.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i know, my point exactly!

... and also what's interesting is that this was on the 3rd of Nov and this story did not receive ANY attention in the media. Hmmmm I wonder why????

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
WoW some people just will not let it go that he is the new President

I'm sure that the millions of people who sent him money in the mail for his campaign would not be one bit upset he used it to go see his grandmother before she passed away,that would be the last thing on his mind

I'm sure he would give the money back if it's a big deal

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow, He breaks federal law and people want to give him a pass.

Just how many violations of federal laws will it take before Obama supporters start questioning him?

The campaign broke the law by using campaign funds for personal use.

Broke the Law

Obama is wealthy enough, he could have and should have used his own personal money to pay for his trip to Hawaii.

He should not have broken the law.

And yet, many people have this view that Obama can do no wrong, even when breaking federal law.

The next 4 years are really going to be interesting

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i bet palins families new wardrobe cost alot more than obamas flight to visit his dying grandmother

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

Probably so, and guess what complaints have been filed on the RNC for it.

2 wrongs do not make a right. because one campaign broke federal law does not give license for the other campaign to do the same.

The subject for this thread is focused on the Obama campaign.

Federal law was broken - by both sides.

If the McCain campaign is investigated by the FEC, the Obama campaign should also be investigated, they both broke the law.

If the investigations occur and guilt is proven, then the guilty should be punished - whatever punishment prescribed by the law is.

Neither campaign should receive a pass on being accountable for breaking the law.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Given the security necessary... or should I say is required to protect a major candidate... be it Obama or McCain... or whomever... it would probably be far too disruptive for them to even consider a commercial flight.

Did John McCain fly Delta when he "suspended" his campaign... No.

top topics

join