It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same-sex marriage ban wins; opponents sue to block measure

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hey all...I am here to blatantly advertise the beginning of a new debate in the Debate Forum on Prop 8...

Challenge Match: Skyfloating vs MemoryShock: "I say ""I Do"" To Prop 8"

Cheers...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

That’s his opinion, he states no legality behind his opinion, and he just states how he feels. He has never believed in marriage for himself, he has always said he does not want to be married. I’m fine with that; I’ve never heard him supporting gays not having equal rights, that’s all I care about. He can have that position if he likes.

His stance on prop 8 surprises me, but then again so does other “celebrities” like Schwarzenegger’s opposition of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

If you were kept in a 'cage' of prejudice hate and bigotry for long enough because you were a white hetro , YOU would get a little bit neurotic at times too .

What am I saying ? A lot of white 'hetros' are bitchy neurotic drama queens . Comes from not being comfortable with their caring femminine inner self. yeah , I know that sounds all fluffy and new agey but its okay for men to do girly stuff. I cook , I vaccuum and wash up . Its really not that bad once you get used to it ! Still working on changing the toilet rolls but hey ,its progress .

But I also fix the car , make all my own furniture , do all the house maintenance . I do the man stuff pretty damn well actually .

Any girl with half a brain will tell you that im actually a bloody good catch . And thats what it takes fella's if you want to keep a good woman happy .

You know ,if you joe six packs put down the beer and stopped waffling on endlessly about boring baseball statistics ,you might find its actually more interesting to get a womans perspective on things and do the chick stuff for your misses once in a while.

I do , because it means I get laid more often !

And MOST women , once they have a male gay friend really enjoy their company because they are just so funny to talk to . We used to wet ourselves laughing everytime we caught up with our gay friends . If your gonna be a bitch , have fun with it instead of lying through your teeth about your 'macho male' conquests . Your kidding yourselves . And when you are not looking ,the women are rolling their eyes in their head at your boorish immature macho posturing .

See , women are smarter than men . They dont fall for all that stuff .

So you homophobes need to understand this . Your prejudice fools nobody who counts . Unless you like being married to a cold angry ,bible bashing bitch who does not put out because sex is just for reproduction only . Well if thats normal , your welcome to your majority .

No ,I like entering 'heavens gate ' as often as I can ,BEFORE I DIE . That way it wont feel unfamiliar when I do . Take me home momma .
Cos im feelin lucky today....

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by reconpilot

lmao; very nice perspective; enjoy hearing that from a guy; keeping it real!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Here is a link that has Elton John's quote. Some of you might be interested in what he has to say about the situation here in California.

sayanythingblog.com...

Jemison

Not really. Elton John has a history of speaking up and saying things that are controversial to get attention.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Hey all...I am here to blatantly advertise the beginning of a new debate in the Debate Forum on Prop 8...

Challenge Match: Skyfloating vs MemoryShock: "I say ""I Do"" To Prop 8"

Cheers...

Hey guys...just a reminder to let you all know that we are underway and that the openings are completed...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You know what? In the feverish wave of politics you have shown me that the key connection between the support for the demands made by all minorities, the gay political engine, and women's rights demands is not a feeling of love or an enlightened nobility but rather a crude and childish hatred and resentment of the white, heterosexual man and an need to mock, demonize, and debase white heterosexual men.

If sexism, racism, and belittlement is the respect shown white, heterosexual men by those who claim to seek equality, civil rights, and acceptance for all then the modern civil rights movement has become nothing more than a mass of sexism, racism, and hate no less vile than the nazis or the KKK that you so consistently blame for all social ills.

Btw, if you are so quick to blame the hatred of white, heterosexual men for the gay marriage ban why don't you examine the latino population of California and their cultural emphasis on religion and machoism?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Epinephrine]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Epinephrine

but rather a crude and childish hatred and resentment of the white, heterosexual man and an need to mock, demonize, and debase white heterosexual men.

You forgot to add "laugh" at the poor "woe is me" white heterosexual man.

OMG, I am so sorry. I didn't really mean that. I apologize right here and now.

We all love you still and think you are just great and I/we want to be just like you; e x c e p t we won't boast superiority or anything like that, or expect to have everything go "our way or the highway", or ....
Well, I think u guys are going to be just fine when the rest of us get all our rights. You just gotta learn to share a bit.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epinephrine

You know what? In the feverish wave of politics you have shown me that the key connection between the support for the demands made by all minorities, the gay political engine, and women's rights demands is not a feeling of love or an enlightened nobility but rather a crude and childish hatred and resentment of the white, heterosexual man and an need to mock, demonize, and debase white heterosexual men.

Well isn't that why everyone wants rights?

Just to *Snip* with people who already have them...

Woman only wanted the vote to piss off their husbands...that is common knowledge.

MOD Note: Review This Link; Terms and Conditions

Specifically:

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

Next one gets a warn

[edit on 11/14/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

heterosexual man and an need to mock, demonize, and debase white heterosexual men.

Nice to see you showing up in another thread with your baseless theories and claims. This is not a conspiracy against white, heterosexual men. People are fighting for their rights; some people are bound to get heated towards those who hinder their progress, whether they are white men, or African women. By the way, I know many straight, white people (men and women) who oppose Prop 8; don’t assume only minorities are on the side of the minority, there is no basis for this assumption.

EDIT: Just want anyone who replies to me to know that I won’t be back on until Sunday or Monday. Going out right now to begin protesting prop 8 in the flesh today and this weekend. Wish me luck.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Honest question: Why do you always seem so hell bent on projecting these conspiracy notions onto a thread, where the “groups” you don’t like are always apart of some agenda that you have no proof they are apart of? Are you trying to derail threads or do you just hate homosexuals so much that despite the contraries you continue to repeat your delusions?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about. Haven't the only political threads I've invested myself in been the threads regarding homosexuality on the basis that I dislike pro-gay propaganda and view sexuality to be a controllable part of a person's biology, based on my own personal experiences and experiments on my own sexuality? Other than that one thread that proposed feel-good "shower the third world with food and love" handout efforts as a means to bring about a worldwide, enlightened utopia I don't think I've done much here since I failed miserably at finding people to share alien, UFO, and past-psychic experiences with.

Nor did I randomly barge into this thread shouting conspiracy nonsense. I replied to a particularly offensive post that blamed white, heterosexual men for the ban( which is ridiculous when you consider that the Washington Post reported that most blacks and latinos voted for the ban and that California has a huge latino population), that mocked, ridiculed, and demeaned white heterosexual men who retain some manner of masculinity, and laid the blame of "hate" and bigotry squarely on the shoulders of the one group in America whose civil rights are not protected and whose attempts to organize to protect themselves from legal and political harm(like all other groups in America can) is seen is shocking, horrific, and somehow oppressive.

I'm tired of being shoved around, not given special race- or sex-based scholarships, not being allowed to say certain things because I have the wrong skin color or because I don't speak with a heavy lisp while waving a limp wrist, and I'm really tired of places of employment that only hire specific minority races, that only hire women, or that advertise that they prefer gays. I'm tired of worrying about the possibility that, were I ever to have to defend myself or another against a person of another race, that I might be charged with a hate crime depending on what the other person says whereas obvious race-motivated attacks against white people are rarely ever considered to even fit the criteria of a hate crime. I'm tired of all forms of affirmative action and social engineering policies that give special treatment to women and racial minorities while passing over more qualified white men for the job. I'm tired of being called a cracker, white devil, white trash, honky, and gringo. I'm tired of being told that men are insensitive, evil bastards who seek to oppress women. I'm tired of being told that all white men throughout history have been evil racists who either owned slaves or probably didn't like black people. I'm tired of being told that we need to celebrate all the world's peoples, all genders, all sexualities, and all races except for the white, heterosexual male. I'm tired of diversity including everyone but the white guy.

If this thread is about being the victims of discrimination, let's not start talking about white, heterosexual males like we're some sort of oppressor when, in reality, we're probably the group most discriminated against in modern society.

If I seem a bit upset it's just because it has to rain on someone for you to have your special-interests, diversity rainbow and I'm really tired of getting rained on all the darn time.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Personally I think you're in this thread just trolling for stars... but it's working.

You think it's bad just being a white guy? Try all that you just mentioned, plus talking with a Southern accent, plus having a conservative outlook, plus being a Christian, a smoker, a truck driver... heck, I feel like I'm the only person left on the planet who can be legally insulted!

Insult a black person, you're a racist. insult a Mexican, you're a gringo. Insult a woman, you're a sexist. Insult someone who happens to be gay, you're a homophobe. Insult me? Now you're a hero to the oppressed? Ate who?

Thanks for bringing this up. I really do wish I could give you 1000 stars.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If I seem a bit upset it's just because it has to rain on someone for you to have your special-interests, diversity rainbow and I'm really tired of getting rained on all the darn time.
S w e e t !
... love the imagery. Nice metaphor.
Hey, all straight white guys aren't all the same, and I suspect that's especially true for you. I can remember when I worked at a place with a lot of straight women, and their constant diatribe about the evils of men used to drive me crazy; especially since none of it applied to me in my opinion.

So, even tho you may not personally be guilty of what a lot of straight men do, you gotta admit, nevertheless that there's a lot they do that's nuts.
Now, on the other hand, I think that "affirmative action" can sometimes be overdone. Reality is, we are never going to get it right 100% of the time.
Don't stomp on my rights and I am 100% for supporting yours as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I was just watching this and somehow it's appropriate here, after the recent posts:

Just to lighten up the discussion.

Can't embed the original, go look at it if you haven't seen it.....it's hilarious.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by pavil]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Does it really matter how large the margin was for this bill to be passed? One man, a judge, thought he had the power to push this upon the people of California. THey decided to vote how they felt and decide for themselves what is good for them and their state. No more fighting or discussion needed. The will of the people, isn't that what America is all about? I did not vote for President-elect Obama but I accept that he will be our next president. Again, the will of the people.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

As a white hetrosexual male who used to drive trucks ,drink beer and treat women like sex objects (sometimes in moments of weakness) I take offence sir at your ludicrously polarised pompous high minded attitude to skin colour and sexual orientation .

Thats why I give you guys a hard time. because you make being white such an EMBARRASMENT .

Carefull who you pick a bar fight with . Not all gay men are hopeless fag wimps . many died fighting for you precious freedoms .

think about it next time you make out your a poor oppressed minority !!! WHEN ITS SUITS YOU OF COURSE .

WHAT PART OF EQUALITY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ,BUBBA ?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

You know ,for someone who likes to think he is a bastion of hetro male masculinity your sure do whine a lot like a sexually frustrated spinster !

I have lost count of the number of immature mummies boys who never grew up compensating with booze , guns , drugs and sexist ranting . Cry me a river !

So take it the the confessional and let the priest hear all about it . were all done with white boys who think they own this planet .

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by reconpilot

WHAT PART OF EQUALITY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ,BUBBA ?

The part that says "all people are equal but some people are more equal than others" and translated into action as affirmative action, women and minority hiring preferences, and special protections under the law.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Just want anyone who replies to me to know that I won’t be back on until Sunday or Monday. Going out right now to begin protesting prop 8 in the flesh today and this weekend. Wish me luck.

Good on you!

As a white heterosexual man who has spent most of my life digging ditches and building houses (although not what I do now), I've had it up to about here with the "equal rights = special rights" nonsense...

I'm several states away, so won't be protesting in the flesh myself...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join