It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Fire!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

EDINBURG - Authorities in South Texas said Friday that they won't be intimidated by increasingly violent drug smugglers, announcing a larger Border Patrol presence and that more heavily armed deputies will be authorized to return fire across the Mexican border.

. . . continued . . .

Link

About damn time

Thoughts?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/11/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
the revenues of mexican drug cartel could easily be larger that
Mexico GDP...while of course noone will give me or you exact
numbers - it could be (and likely is) a country within a country war.
once one side is defeated, the other will resume the lucrative
drug trade...or they could just settle...like "half me, half you".
drugs will still flow...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

They need to give them some .50's and some artillery.

The past situation is as stupid as folks can be. And is that Border Patrol Agent still in prison for shooting and wounding that mule?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

There are 2 of them serving time; one recieved 11 years, the other 12, although I've also read 10 years and 9 1/2, either way, it's an injustice. Their names are Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, they went to prison for doing their jobs.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I have trained with Hidalgo County Sheriffs Office. Trust me. They are their own military unit. They even have two APC's and a tank for crying out loud. They have quite a few .50's. Their policy is that if you qualify with it . . . you can carry it. There are two deputies that carry RPG's.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

THAT is my kind of sheriff's department!

The President should pardon these officers! And not wait until he leaves office!

I'm telling you, we've lost our minds. Our justice system is doo doo. (can I say that on ATS? I just got my points back.)

You know, the State of Texas could really pick up some extra cash. Advertise that for a few thousand, you get a hunting license to take out mules and drug runners. And you can mount what you bag!

Raise revenue, a waiting list to purchase licenses, and a air tight border.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Sooner or later, those drug mules are going to catch on how tough it is to cross the border for Texas...And skirt around to more "tractable" States. All of the border States should take up the lead Texas has set.

...As a matter of fact, the US government's gotten so bad every State should be sure to beef up the militias...We're more likely to wind up defending ourselves from mercenary troops (ala, Blackwater--No Loyalty to the Nation or the People!) when the compost connects with the rotary oscillator.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

join