It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So lets talk about 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
*ducks and covers*

HAHAHA just a little humor. We are still fried and will be for a good time.

I always wonder if POTUS campaigners flop in an armchair and go to sleep.

anywhoo.

I was just thinking that the next campaign could possible be*drumrooolllll*

Palin vs. Clinton

female brawl of the century.

Anyone want to hedge their bets?

[edit on 5-11-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Why would Clinton be the nominee when Obama is the president?

Why do you think Palin would be a good republican nominee? She can't even name a supreme court decision other than Roe v Wade. Honestly I think she makes Bush look like a road scholar and would be a poor choice for president.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yeah, its way too early to even begin to wonder who will be Obama's opponent in 2012. The Republican party got their butts handed to them and are now only prominent in the South and low population Western States. Either we'll see a repeat of a 1984 election with an Obama landslide or someone who has yet to rise to the national scene will be a new unifing force in the Republican party.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I know that there are many pundits saying that Palin will be the new national party leader. I somehow do not think so. The election is over and the long knives are coming out now. Reporters are starting to talk about how the McCain people realized from the outset that Palin was a poor choice. Her anti-intellectualism is astounding. She refused to prep for the Couric interview. She did not know that Africa was a continent and not one country. If she is the "face" of the Republican party then our country is faced with a long one party rule (and as a liberal democrat, even I think that is a bad idea).
Check out this video from FoxNews (of all places!).

Edited to fix youtube linkage
Obs out

[edit on 6-11-2008 by observer]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Forget it. Palin is not the new face of….wait….she could be the new face of the Republican party, because the Republican party is full of a bunch of neoconservative RINO's who have no idea how to run a campaign or stand on principles.

I'm done with the Republican party. The only reason I was every registered as such was because they were the home of real Conservatism. Unfortunately, the "geniuses" in the party decided Conservatism was no good and started moving towards the left, landing them where they are today.

Myself, and other Conservatives are going to regroup and get this country back on track. We need real conservative leadership, not this neocon democrat wannabe crap.

I'm looking to the future at guys like Jindal and JC Watts. That's where Conservatism will find itself again.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I am not saying they would be "good" candidates. Just candidates. It is possible Palin can get Ted STevens senate seat in alaska, therefore giving her the much needed experience.
It was just a thought that occurred to me.
That we could have two females competing for 2012.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
*looks over shoulder* what next election ? ? ?

Psss that guy on the corner is he watching us..?

the bird fly's at midnight , the bird fly's at midnight...

Run.. Run...
*lol*.... sorry could not resist..

I have to agree its way to early to guess that... would have to give it a year or two and see what happens.

top topics

join