It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you jump off a cliff ???????????????????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It may have been the coolest radio station in town during the summer, but Birmingham-based BRMB is to face prosecution by the health and safety executive. No one has objected to its music or playlist - in dispute, rather, is the station's competition policy or, more specifically, the feat of endurance to which it subjected contestants in August 2001.

The Coolest Seats in Town contest required those who entered to sit on solid carbon dioxide, otherwise known as dry ice. It was staged in Broad Street, in the heart of the city, and resulted in four people being sent to hospital for treatment for serious injuries
media.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well it depends on how high the cliff is, and if I have a parachute....

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well if Arnold Schwarzenegger was there to catch me I'd have no problem with it!

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'd do what Inspectah said. Also, are sharks at the bottom or ground? Or if I go off with a motorcycle and land on a cop car?(From pickle motorcycle song by Arlo Gunthrie, same guy who does Alices reasteraunt((sp?)) and other good ones)

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
...why not...jumping off a cliff doesn't hurt...its just that extreme de-celeration at the bottom that might prove a little tricky...

AF1

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It all depends on which band the tickets were for. I would jump off a cliff if I got to see a good band.

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Why not ? If Rambo did it, I can do it !

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I might...After all, it would be a good way to practice my flying lessons as outlined in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

I've gotten pretty good at the flying part, but my landings still suck...

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
the only way i would jump off a cliff is if i had a parashoot on.

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

I've gotten pretty good at the flying part, but my landings still suck...

An ejection seat, Midnight. Nothing beat a good ejection seat, believe me !
So, don't be so worry for your landing problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Have you read the Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy UP? You don't use a machine to fly, you do it yourself, oh and Midnight, don't look at the ground, and get distracted by something when you jump off. Oh, and when you want to land, descend without looking down, or else you'll realize you flying, in turn realizing its impossible, and fall a tremendous way to end in much pain.

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Or, as Arthur Dent indicated to Fenchurch, if you were to ask me how I can fly, I can only say that I don't have a clue. But the landings still suck...Perhaps I should wear a full suit of plate armor until I get the hang of landings. After all, if I can fly in the first place, the extra weight from the armor wouldn't be a consideration anyway...

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
How high is the cliff? If say, over twenty, what at bottom? Water or ground, if ground, will there be a net? If water, will there be sharks? What is all there?

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
When asking if someone would jump off a cliff, you must first be ready to answer questions about the location, height, landing, and other dangers. If not, then don't ask the question!

(No offense in any way John! Just messin around!)

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No offence taken Inspectah.Gravity would also play a major role in my decision process.Jump off a cliff on the moon.No problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
JB1,

You'll land like a feather...

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inspectah
Have you read the Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy UP?

Nope, I didn't. But if it's really so important for you, I can read it.

[Edited on 19-1-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Be careful in your search for the entire series...Doug Adams himself has described it as a "five-book trilogy"...

The titles are (in order):
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Restaraunt at the End of the Universe
Life, the Universe and Everything
So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
Mostly Harmless

(Yes, I have the entire series & thoroughly enjoyed every page of it.
)

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
MD, that is the best part! Five books in the series. I love the fourth one the best. Of course, dolpins aren't fish, but oh well, great book!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hi There All
It's great to have found a site like this to get in contact with like minded intelligent people

top topics

join