It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palins spending ... More than we or McCain knew

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
LMAO I love that, if someone gave me a CC to go on a spending spree ya dang right i'd go top of the line, what are they gonna do whine about it after and ask for it all back, lol

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spock Shock

No, they'll sure her for embezzlement. The staffers that she made use THEIR credit cards will seek reimbursement. You think the GOP will do so without ramification?

When you do what she did, its not lol. Its serious business. She STOLE. they said buy 3 outfits. Sure buy 3 expensive outfits... fine. But then she bout 1,000s of dollars more on herself, 10,000's of thousands on her husband. Not what the RNC said to do. I hope she left the price tags on those clothes.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Well Fox, MSNBC and CNN are all running with the story. As well as now a republican lawyer as flown to Alaska to confront....... Palin.

Its hitting the fan I think. We'll see what happens. I dont think a 2012 run is in the books for her though

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow! I didn't know she bought stuff for her family, too. And some articles of clothing have apparently been lost??? Ugh! All I can say is Whew! We escaped that one by a hair!

OT: I'm one of the few who LOVED Michelle's dress!
I love her!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Velvet Death

WEll I think, in the article, that she was told to buy 3 dresses, and thats it.... So Id call what she did embezzeling...... and when the RNC audits this.,, whooo weee

Yet we hold faceless detractors at face value, as if their "testimony" represents a written-in-stone truth? Since when has anyone given credence to rumors emanating from the shadows of a collapsed structure?

As for Newsweek, they were the first ones to attack Governor Palin over her Disabled son Trig. I would call them the bottom feeding scum of Journalism, right alongside the Huffington Post and others.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Fox News, REPUBLICAN Lawyers, yeah, all just Obama hit men going after her... Why? The election is over, he won, what does he care that she embezzeled money?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by elevatedone

what about the parts about buying 10,000s of thousands of dollars on her husbands clothes... anyone think this ends up coming back top bite her?

Mens suits and shoes are very expensive, how much was spent on Biden and Obama? And what about the 10,000's of thousands of dollars used to re-vamp Michele Obama's image? And WHERE were the donations coming from in the Obama campaign? Pre-paid credit cards, from unknown donors, that were way over the $2500 limit? There is no disclosure. Thus, we cannot vet the expenditures of the Obama campaign and will never know the full extent of what was spent on their public image because there is no transparency in the BO camp.

On the other hand, Mccain's campaign was allowing the public to view its expenses, and in doing so, the media relished in exposing what the female politician was spending on clothes. Considering the IMPORTANCE put on her image, by the MEDIA, 150,000 is minimal.

All eyes were on Todd Palin's image as well, thus the amount spent on him was necessary. Mens suits are often more expensive then womens.

It IS sexism to even talk about HOW much Palin spent, and to NOT ask how much was spent on the male candidates and their spouses.

Even Hillary Clinton came out in defense of Palin on this issue, "..it would be great when female candidates can just run and the media not have to talk about their clothes..."

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
$200k plus for clothes for the campaign? US Senators (Obama and Biden) make $169,300 a year. I don't see them spending a years salary on clothes. If you want to make accusations about the wardrobe of Obama or Biden you better have proof.

I stick by my belief that the selection of Palin to be a heartbeat from the presidents office borders on treason. The GOP needs to make a clear cut with Palin if they hope to be taken seriously. That or they need to give her a "Flowers for Algernon" type brain drug. IF GOP sticks with Palin the odds of a 3rd party emerging go way up.

57 million people voted against Obama as much or more than they voted for the GOP ticket. Not a winning strategery.

Palin ain't no Nancy Reagan.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
All I know is Michelle Obama was wearing something hideous last night from T.J. Max or something and you know what that said to me? This woman is down to earth and can relate to average JANE the nurses like me. People fussed and said if Palin didn't look VP like we would fuss about that. BS! I prefer to see my women looking down to earth, like Mrs. Michelle a.k.a The First Lady elect!

Actually, Michelle O's dress was very expensive. And, the DNC have spent tens of thousands on her image, but without disclosure we will never know. Instead we will go after the party that was being up-front and their female candidate -- and none of the males. www.examiner.com... ion--Style-Examiner~y2008m11d5-The-style-evolution-of-Michelle-Obama

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Narnia

But she was told to buy 3 outfits for herself! That's why the GOP is pissed at her! WHy the GOP is calling for the money to be given back! Michelle could spend a trillion dollars on clothes for every one if she wasn't told to only buy three outfits for herself, and only herself. Same with Palin. But the GOP TOLD HER to only buy three outfits for herself.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by Narnia

But she was told to buy 3 outfits for herself! That's why the GOP is pissed at her! WHy the GOP is calling for the money to be given back! Michelle could spend a trillion dollars on clothes for every one if she wasn't told to only buy three outfits for herself, and only herself. Same with Palin. But the GOP TOLD HER to only buy three outfits for herself.

And the source? Of course, anonymous... 'THE GOP'? Who in the GOP? Until the party denounces her then claiming 'THE GOP' is completely false.

Interesting, though, that there was the bashing of her spending 150,000 before the MSM picked up on 'anonymous sources,' within the party.

Again, the issue is... why does this matter? Sexism? Tally up the 'threads' (clothing and stylists) on the male candidates... then we can debate.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Narnia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join