It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palins spending ... More than we or McCain knew

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted. But Newsweek has put out another article today, Nov 5th, telling that Palin's spending was a little more shady than we know. And I think this lends credence to the fact the McCain was not happy with Gov Palin as his choice.... To me, it gives me more respect for Sen McCain

NEWSWEEK has also learned that Palin's shopping spree at high-end department stores was more extensive than previously reported. While publicly supporting Palin, McCain's top advisers privately fumed at what they regarded as her outrageous profligacy. One senior aide said that Nicolle Wallace had told Palin to buy three suits for the convention and hire a stylist. But instead, the vice presidential nominee began buying for herself and her family—clothes and accessories from top stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. According to two knowledgeable sources, a vast majority of the clothes were bought by a wealthy donor, who was shocked when he got the bill. Palin also used low-level staffers to buy some of the clothes on their credit cards. The McCain campaign found out last week when the aides sought reimbursement. One aide estimated that she spent "tens of thousands" more than the reported $150,000, and that $20,000 to $40,000 went to buy clothes for her husband. Some articles of clothing have apparently been lost. An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.

www.newsweek.com...

[edit on 5-11-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Now I was a Palin/McCain supporter but I just spent 15 minutes taking my keyboard apart and cleaning coffee out of it when I got to the statement "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast". ROFLMAO.
Good find. But they wanted her to buy clothes. If someone gave me a credit card and told me to buy clothes well... Must be why I am given cash to go shopping with.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Velvet Death

WEll I think, in the article, that she was told to buy 3 dresses, and thats it.... So Id call what she did embezzeling...... and when the RNC audits this.,, whooo weee

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

two knowledgeable sources

An angry aide

Uh huh.
If these "anonymous" claims were said about Obama....people would be crying "foul"!

Guess we will find out if this is fact or slanderous gossip, sooner or later

[edit on 11/5/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death
Now I was a Palin/McCain supporter but I just spent 15 minutes taking my keyboard apart and cleaning coffee out of it when I got to the statement "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast".

Great. Thanks.

Your comment made ME take 15 minutes out of my night to clean soup out of my keyboard. Hope your happy.

About the OP-- I'm not surprised in the least- but what can be said about it now that doesn't sound like "nanny nanny ha ha-- told you so"?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
..must.. not.. make.. sexist comment.. about women... shopping.. habits...

I'm sure this is just some sort of mix-up. Besides, all this clothing gets donated, right? Anyone have an idea where to sign up for the freebies?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

apparently my last post was removed.. dont know why.... o reilly was simply CONFIRMING THE story in the OP.......

didnt mean to bring up foxnews in this, but as i was typing i saw the story ran.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by bknapple32

apparently my last post was removed.. dont know why.... o reilly was simply CONFIRMING THE story in the OP.......

You didnt say that. It was off topic. Please stay on topic.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

must of forgotten make it clear. my bad. i forgot to add that it was more of a confirmation than a slamming. so, honestly, my bad

what about the parts about buying 10,000s of thousands of dollars on her husbands clothes... anyone think this ends up coming back top bite her?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Actually on Fox News hardly a Palin Hater there was a story about the rifts in the campaign and yes they are saying indeed she was spending WAY to much money on clothes and crap. That and she didnt know that Africa was a continent and she did not know what countries NAFTA consisted of and ALL sorts f crap. Palin was not presidential material.

EDIT TO ADD: I see someone just brought up the Oreilly and Fox News Story.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
now arnt you glad she didnt get her hands on the US treasury ... lol

well whats left of it

its about what i expected from her but i still dont think we have seen the worst of palin that is still to come

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Demandred]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think ti shows this person did not have the fortitude or smarts to make it as a real VP. Im glad I voted the way I did. And I feel bad for mccain that he didnt get to pick the real person he wanted... whomever that was. Had McCain picked a real VP nominee he mighta pulled this one off

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

two knowledgeable sources

An angry aide

Uh huh.
If these "anonymous" claims were said about Obama....people would be crying "foul"!

Guess we will find out if this is fact or slanderous gossip, sooner or later

[edit on 11/5/2008 by greeneyedleo]

Well it is a little different!!! Obama wasn't confirmed to have spent hundreds of thousand of dollars of his party's money on clothes. So how is this not believable, she already spent 150,000+ why not a couple more tens of thousands. Time will tell, like the OP said, they will audit their books, and well see.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Maybe I'm a different type of gal, but I just can't understand how one could spend $150,000 on up for clothing. Are we talking like that Betsey Johnson type stuff here (or whatever name brands they wear on the catwalk)?

What's wrong with Old Navy? What's wrong with shopping the clearance racks? I don't get it. How do you spend that much money on clothes in a few months??

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
All I know is Michelle Obama was wearing something hideous last night from T.J. Max or something and you know what that said to me? This woman is down to earth and can relate to average JANE the nurses like me. People fussed and said if Palin didn't look VP like we would fuss about that. BS! I prefer to see my women looking down to earth, like Mrs. Michelle a.k.a The First Lady elect!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
thats not even mentioning the 12,000 per month she spent on her hair

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Anon sources are cowards. Not saying she didn't do it, but anyone not willing to stand behind his statement should not be taken seriously.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Maybe cause they want to keep their jobs but realized it was getting out of hand.

W/o anon sources, sites like ATS wouldnt exist

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
All I know is Michelle Obama was wearing something hideous last night from T.J. Max or something and you know what that said to me? This woman is down to earth and can relate to average JANE the nurses like me. People fussed and said if Palin didn't look VP like we would fuss about that. BS! I prefer to see my women looking down to earth, like Mrs. Michelle a.k.a The First Lady elect!

she was wearing a dress from narsisco rodriguez, a very upscale designer who makes dresses mostly for celebrities.

definitely not tj maxx... but she couldve chosen a better outfit.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by calihan123]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join