It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the return of the monkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
some of you know me. most of you dont. actually none of you do but lets not get too existential here.

i returned on a whim and find an applause in my U2U box from this month about a post i made 4 years ago. nice to see people still read my posts and respect them.

im back for a while. we'll see how things go now that bush has had his second term and the people chose a democrat for president.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Welcome back. Hopefully there is plenty of intelligent conversation to get into, regardless of who the president of the day is.

Not sure how much it's changed since you were last here.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i'd say a lot has changed. the forums are harder to navigate for one. the forums themselves are different in terms of layout but most of the same forums are still here.

one thing hasnt changed, ye old skeptic overlord still doesnt respond to U2U's.
guess i shouldnt be too surprised about that.

im surprised the BTS forum is still here. i helped it get created. i was its first moderator. im its daddy in a way.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So where have you been all this time? And why the decision to come back right now?!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You mightn't remember me, but you were pretty active here when I first signed up.
Welcome Back.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, welcome back
ATS has made a lot of changes recently, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko
So where have you been all this time? And why the decision to come back right now?!!!

i came back mostly because of the election, partly because it was a whim. bush is leaving, hopefully that means i wont see what ive been seeing the past 8 years. i hope...

the past 8 years ive seen people all over the internet growing angrier and angrier at republicans and some of the things ive seen people say is just the most mean spirited stuff ive ever seen. some of it deserved some of it so far out there and undeserved.

i couldnt take the raw anger hate and bitterness and just left this place and tried to find other places that werent so polarized and political. i'll never completely level politics but its important to step back when things get too nasty. IMO regardless what anyone;s views are we should respect them, dislike what politicians do but do so ina constructive way. maybe this past election was a reflection of that. maybe. voter turnout still wasnt as good as i was expecting or hoping for so maybe some people are just happy complaining whining and crying instead of making an effort to be a part of the process to bring the change they claim to want so badly.

i dont even know if i'll stick around temporarily permanently or just breeze through from time to time.

as for worldwatcher....i remember you, vaguely, but i remember you.

nice to see you here still. i also see lots of new mods and some old ones still and some who were mods who have been promoted to global or higher. interesting. i doubt i'll get my old job back though. lolololololololol

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey! Well i sure do remember you,

see you around the place,

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
its nice to see people remember me. now here's the scary part where i wonder when the people who dont like me start flaming me and stalking me.

has anyone seen colonel? please say no. please dear god say no. nope he's still banned. wow. must be a permaban.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by ThePrankMonkey]

top topics

join