It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does revelation say?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
has anyone tried to interpret the prophetic writings of the Book of Revelations? I mean, has anyone actually tried to make a layout of what it says; a timeline? And if they have, is anything posted on ATS?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That is about the hardest book to understand .
It has the beginning,middle and end in it (Past present and future) it goes from one to the other even sometimes in the next sentence ..I think some of it is metaphorical ..some is literal ..some of it is talking about BOTH ...etc etc ...
There are so many different interpretations that it gets really confusing ..

BUT >...if taken with all related scriptures (which there are NUMEROUS scriptures all over in that bible that explains alot of it ) one can come to a basic understanding of some of it anyway ..

Keep in mind that SOME believe it has ALL already been fulfilled(Which I do not believe that ) ...
Read this so you get what I am saying here .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is alot to absorb ...but I believe we are about to see it all unfold as planned .But with some deceptions ..to get everyone off guard and not KNOWING enough of the word to actually get whats going on ...

I am no expert and like you all I am just trying to understand whats happening ..is it scripture ..is it deception ..whats next etc etc etc ..
So I could be wrong in everything ...but it is certainly worth looking into ..

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think that in order for a Christian to really understand the end times, he would also have to consider Matthew 24. It has details lacking in Revelation.

There have been those who have tried to construct a timeline, notably the authors of the Left Behind books, however, the Left Behind authors also incorporate some highly speculative and debatable connections from Daniel and Joel, as well as other OT books.

For some info on how the book of Revelation ties in to current events, I believe Chuck Missler has a few books. His radio show is currently going through the book of Revelation.

Chuck Missler's web site

I don't agree with everything he says but I like him anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
it's more likely that your wallet is what will be unfolding. it's an interesting book. especially the descriptions of heaven. can you imagine god sitting on a throne? lol that would be the most humiliating thing for any self respecting diety to do. that would be like micheal jordan wearing a pink sash that says "yeah, i'm the man" on it. and then god has all of his favorite servants circled around him singing endless praise and worship for .... wait for it ..... EVER!!!.

i'm not sure if it sounds like like a posh beverly hills nightclub or an evening at micheal jackson's.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Mozzy]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
From my view, i think it is a prophecy of patterns. Things listed have happened if you relate the events right, some could have only been possible after the early 1900s such as the descriptions of nukes describing sulfur etc..

Heres my interpretation

Theres a deceiver who everyone will love..hmm reminds me of recent days..

he comes promising peace and prosperity, but when he doesnt get his way he stamps his feet and smoke goes out from it, signifying that this first beast, will be a whiney control freak out for domination through absolute temptation and lies and pave the way for a second deceiver.

During all of that there will be wars and rumours of wars. we basicly experienced many revelations during the last 30-60 years.

The wound to the head of the beast will be healed, and the world will believe in the beast. Once Americans realize 9-11 was an inside job, they will fulfill the "throwing dust on their heads for shame" part?

the vials and descriptions of animals describe nations and armies as they move to create armageddon.

this is speculative of course but from matching versus up with events, perhaps you can develop your own way of viewing the imagery.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

The wound to the head of the beast will be healed, and the world will believe in the beast

It wasn't that long ago that Christians were claiming this was a description of Michael Gorbechov, and for a while these very deluded people did believe in this beast.

The book of revelation reveals nothing to no one with a modicum of commom sense and was probably scrawled by the hashish bunny.

The newest volume of Oxyrhynchus Papyri contains a fragmentary papyrus of Revelation which is the earliest known witness to some sections (late third / early fourth century).
One feature of particular interest is the number that this papyrus assigns to the Beast: 616, rather than the usual 666. (665 is also found.) We knew that this variant existed: Irenaeus cites (and refutes) it. But this is the earliest instance that has so far been found. The number — chi, iota, stigma (hexakosiai deka hex). But why does it matter what the number is? For that, we have to turn to ancient Greek ideas about numerology.

excerpt

top topics

join