It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama kick-starts transition, picks Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

*BREAKING* Israeli Secretary Of Staff *BREAKING*

www.haaretz.com

A day after winning an historic election to become the first black American president, Barack Obama on Wednesday stepped into the role of president-elect, inviting Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill) to join his administration as his White House chief of staff, Democratic officials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edited: To Have Title Reflect Source
Please Review

[edit on 11-5-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Not only is Rahm Emanuel a dual citizen with Israel, but he served in with the IDF after he had been living in the US.

It's not a surprise at all because people have been speculating he'd choosing Emanuel for weeks now, being that Emanuel is easily one of the most qualified candidates for the job and has a good relationship with Obama.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ah...now it becomes very interesting...Just what advice do you think Rahm will give Barack when/if Israel takes out Irans nuke sites? Sad that other nations like Iran have to try and wipe out other nations because of hatred and jealousy.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Meh, who gives a rats clacker about any of this, you may as well be reporting on the latest episode of "The Bold and the Beautiful" with this junk.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I wonder how he feels about his Preisdent agreeing to sit down unconditionally to talks with a nation that has openly advocated the complete destruction of Israel.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i think we presumed this for weeks. it was an obvious and good choice.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Sad that you're believing the warmongering media and blaming Iran for Israel's arrogance and warmongering. Iran has every right to make nuclear reactors. It's only Israel's mania to create false news, while THEY'RE the ones whose are not letting in the WMD inspectors into Israel (What Iran did many times.). No one is jealous for Israel at all. It's not that wonderland as you believes and as the media states.

On to topic. I written this stuff already few days ago. I'm just wondering how the Americans can let a dual citizen into their government. Sad experience: Citizens with dual citizenship, where one of them is Israeli, those people are serving Israel and not the other country (In 75% these people are betraying the other country for Israel and lying for Israel's cause.). So, guys. Do you really want to see a warmongering traitor who is eagerly would start a false war for a stolen land?

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
I wonder how he feels about his Preisdent agreeing to sit down unconditionally to talks with a nation that has openly advocated the complete destruction of Israel.

*sigh* here we go again with the mis-translated bollocks of the original Farsi quote by Iranian president

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Why not, the Director of Homeland Security, Chertoff, is a dual citizen of Israel as well as the Deputy Director, and the head honcho of their technology dept. (I forget his official title). The list is long and distinguished and they hold positions of power from Federal Law Enforcement to Financial Power brokers, Political Advisory Positions, Lobbyists, and Media Moguls...
With all the Israeli Spies you never heard about whom Chertoff gave a free ride home after 9-11, it's enough to make you wonder who's 'homeland' they are really securing.
We desperately need some kind of legislation to keep these Dual Citizens out of high powered public offices. Shouldn't loyalty to one's country be some kind of prerequisite to hold the jobs of running it?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
Not only is Rahm Emanuel a dual citizen with Israel, but he served in with the IDF after he had been living in the US.

Do you have a source for this? Because I believe it's just a rumor.

The most controversial moment of the primary election came when Edward Moskal, president of the Polish American Congress, a political action committee endorsing Kaszak, called Emanuel a "millionaire carpetbagger who knows nothing" about "our heritage." Moskal also falsely charged that Emanuel had dual citizenship with Israel and had served in the Israeli Army.

Source

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Do you have a source for this? Because I believe it's just a rumor.

Here's one from the Center for Immigration Studies...

www.cis.org...
In a very well publicized example in 2002, Democratic candidate for Congress, and now a congressman from Illinois, Rahm Emanuel was criticized by his opponent for being an Israeli dual citizen and having served in that country's armed forces while an American citizen.64 That impression had been fueled by comments like those of Emanuel's White House colleague, George Stephanopoulos, who told Nightline that, "Rahm had served in the Israeli army." The Jerusalem Post reported on July 1, 1997, after an interview with Mr. Emanuel that, "What has perhaps gained Emanuel the greatest admiration in Jerusalem was his coming to the country during the Gulf War to volunteer at a supply base near Kiryat Shmona. He did menial work at the base, separating tank brakes from jeep brakes from truck brakes. He downplays the trip, saying it was not a sacrifice, merely 'something I wanted to do.'"

And A Google Search supplies several more sources but they vary greatly in credibility.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
so is he one of the first "agents" of change?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Another list came to daylight, which is showing how many Jews are in the congress. Most of them have a dual citizenship (U.S. / Israel)

jta.org...

Honestly. This is the United States of America, where warmongering dual citizens are willing to "serve" the country... ahem, sorry. They're serving Israel.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Here's one from the Center for Immigration Studies...

That just says Rahm Emanuel was criticized by his opponent for being an Israeli dual citizen (which I already showed was false) and having served in that country's armed forces while an American citizen. It doesn't say it was true.

I did a Google search and cannot find anything but false accusations about a dual citizenship.

Originally posted by Sheridan
Another list came to daylight, which is showing how many Jews are in the congress. Most of them have a dual citizenship

That's a list of Jewish members of Congress and says nothing about their citizenship. How do you come to the conclusion that "most of them have dual citizenship"?

There is nothing to support this charge against Emanuel.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A started a thread on this yesterday here.

It's got some other interesting tidbits about Rahm as well.

He's a character for sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
well according to many sources he DID serve in the IDF during the first gulf war.

"When Bill Clinton began his campaign for presidency, he appointed Rahm Emanuel to direct the campaign's finance committee. But Emanuel left when the Gulf War broke out, in order to volunteer in the IDF.

He served in one of Israel's northern bases until the war ended, and upon his return to the US became Clinton's advisor in the White House for almost eight years. "

source: www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Give this tired lie a rest. Neither Ahmedinejad nor any other Iranian of influence has ever said this. And btw, unlike Israel, modern Iran has never attacked another country. So who should the world fear most?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There is nothing to support this charge against Emanuel.

First off, thanks for dismissing this out of hand, that raised my curiosity and I looked into the man, the more I read the creepier he got.
Nothing? Perhaps you missed the quote from George Stephanopoulos or the Jerusalem post in the link I provided...

(again)
...George Stephanopoulos, who told Nightline that, "Rahm had served in the Israeli army." The Jerusalem Post reported on July 1, 1997, after an interview with Mr. Emanuel that, "What has perhaps gained Emanuel the greatest admiration in Jerusalem was his coming to the country during the Gulf War to volunteer at a supply base near Kiryat Shmona. He did menial work at the base, separating tank brakes from jeep brakes from truck brakes. He downplays the trip, saying it was not a sacrifice, merely 'something I wanted to do.'"

As to Wikipedia, they are not reliable especially when it comes to information regarding Zionists or related matters. My question is why would Wikipedia, or anybody else for that matter, lie about it?
You say you didn't find anything with google, but I found dozens, if not hundreds of which I'll post a few...

Guardian
And his volunteer service in Israel during the 1990s Gulf War is no fiction, with the Jewish press hailing Emanuel's ascension as a sign that Israel will have its own man in the Obama White House.

Like they don't already...

Pallestine-PMC
Rahm Emanuel was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1959, the son of Benjamin Emanuel, a pediatrician who helped smuggle weapons to the Irgun, the Zionist militia of former Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin, in the 1940s. The Irgun carried out numerous terrorist attacks on Palestinian civilians including the bombing of Jerusalem's King David Hotel in 1946.

Emanuel continued his father's tradition of active support for Israel; during the 1991 Gulf War he volunteered to help maintain Israeli army vehicles near the Lebanon border when southern Lebanon was still occupied by Israeli forces.

News.Muckety.com
The go-between with the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee was Rep. Rahm Emanuel, a fellow Chicagoan and a onetime civilian volunteer to the Israeli army and son of a Jerusalem-born pediatrician.

ynetnews
US Congressman Rahm Emanuel, who served as Clinton's adviser after volunteering for IDF service during Gulf War, may be appointed chief of staff if Democratic presidential candidate wins elections

I think the only rumors flying arounnd are the ones about him NOT being in the IDF. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure you don't serve in the IDF without being a citizen of Israel. He's definately a Zionist, and He's definately pro-war.
Obama promised change... maybe he just meant the Drapes in the Oval Office.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

I don't believe that any dual citizen should be able to hold high office positions in the US government because you couldn't know what country their making the policy for. I don't think most Americans realize that our government has dual citizens in it. Secondly, I will bet that the only dual citizen people in US politics are Israeli/Americans, note I placed Israel first. These people's intentions are first and foremost for the benefit of Israel, hence the term Israeli Firsters. This group of people float in and out of administrations and back into pro Zionist think tanks in the US. There is no doubt that the reported hacking of the presidential campaigns recently was by Israeli’s, that got what they needed back in the summer and Obama’s appointment of this guy Rahm Emanuel was AIPAC’s first muscle flex into the new administrations appointments. Unless we throw out these spy agencies like AIPAC and other pro Zionist group from within our country and terminate the ability of dual citizenship people from holding positions in certain place within our government we will always be Israel’s lap dog.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Rahm Emanuel supports a draft, he is a gun grabber, and a ballerina. You can't make this stuff up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join