It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delusions and disproportionate statistics for Racial Equality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Its going to sound like some type of racism but I want to talk about this without sounding off in the real world, because in the real world people might take you the wrong way if you try and discuss this issue.

The Issue being that a lot of white people and news journalist are bringing up race issues that Police forces do not have enough mixed races and football/soccer in England does not have enough Black football managers and now America proves its self for not being racist because someone happens not to be White for once. If there is not enough minorities to go round to make work places feel less racists then its down to numbers not tollerance and people need to wake up from the lying to them selves.

One argument is the delusion that we should have a Black or dark skinned leader or manager or some black person in high position to justify tolerance which is just a delusion for political correctness when the social figures show that it is impossible to have a one in two or one in five high positioned person in every part of society when its statistically impossible.

For example Obama, the issue of a first Black president of America has beaten a lot of odds. The amount of black people in politics in the ratio of colour or race is rather a large win in favour than against.

In the UK there is an issue saying why there are hardly any black British football managers. I say that once you divide the statistics its not always related to racism,
It’s the numbers in society that does it.

People are using a delusional ways to make the White folks feel guilty and politically incorrect and racist without cause. It seems it’s always the White/Black issue, okay why don’t they complain for the fist Italian American president or the first Chinese ethnic British prime minister? It seems like some people in cities think that every part of the country is the same when it is not.

I guess my wording could be more precise in expanding the theory, but does anyone else seem to feel the race issues that are already healed are in fact being brought up in a continuation of an never ending guilt trip that keeps back lashing new generations who really do not have a race issue anymore but are made to feel guilty?

[edit on 5-11-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That is the real question at hand, how much will ever be enough?

How many generations will the race baiting and the race card continue to haunt? At what point will these people feel that equality has been achieved?

A large portion of whites who voted for Obama stated clearly that white guilt had a large role in their selection for president. How long will white Americans be forced to bare the burden of the actions of those who lived before they were even born?

My opinion is that the majority of racism amongst white people has all but dissolved and the continued use of the perpetual argument of systematic racism is what in fact keeps the racism alive and kicking.

What will it take for people to finally accept that we are all on a level playing field? How long before the race card is no longer accepted and people are held accountable individually for their own achievements and more importantly for their own actions?

If we are to be truly free and equal then the outcome cannot be unfairly swayed to benefit one set group over another. This type of thing will do nothing but breed resentment and allow race mongers to continue to benefit from the ideal that racism still exists on a meaningful level.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sometimes people are like children in society and they don't see the difference in colour or race, but the finger keeps being pointing in stiring up old issues and in turn making people more racist. The more they go on about it the more people will hate each other, once a generation has past that milestone then things should happen by nature and society will evolve. But by coninuous race bating and stiring up people's emotions it will just divide society even more. People need to get past the race issue, I have heard black people get past the race issue, Obama is not about just being black and no one should get special treatment because of colour its should all be a level playing field and the delusion needs to stop in proportion of statistics. Its like me saying I want to see the first American Indian president of Gambia for the sake of not appearing racist. Its about being logical not just being emotionally blackmailed.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The news recenly debated this, I made this post a days before it was a debate. How many Black people are there in the UK? Now figure out how many want to be MPs and then divide by how many will get through. Its about statistics and intelligence level and ratio of numbers. This is not an issue, its an issue of white mans guilt and people need to start getting logical not emotional otherwise the fairness they preach is just another hyprocracy. Only 2% of the UK is Black so why the emphasis? It all goes back to feeling guilty of the past. You can not get rid of racism by employing a person of a minority group for the sake of justifying no racism. The merit has to be down to qualification, experience intelligence and personality not race.

I see a lot of professional Black atheletes in the UK, the ratio for that in terms of population is way too high to say white folks are better at sport. I won't go too deep but if someone is better I don't think the UK is as racist as it seems they will employ them regardless of colour or race down to merit. Okay there has been undercover reports of racism in institutions but there is racist talk under lots of work environments. People can hate each other because they support a different football team too.

Are people in a delusion? I think so.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My theory is that the sense of guilt on certain minorities is creating a false impression for over generosity favouritism. I read a news article saying that foreigners are getting first picks for jobs over the native nationals, why is that? Some may argue that the harder labour skills are not being taken up, or could the case be that foreigners are picked because they have less chance on quitting a job if they are desperate.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

The races will merge together and blend and this old tired discussion will die.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Here we go with rumours..."I heard a guy say that a black guy got hired for a job instead of his cousin because he was a minority...man, seems like these days whites are second class citizens in their own country..."
Let's see some statistics before you start trying to incite anger against minorities. We're one people man, and soon we will all be the same colour.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall

No, the races of white countries will "merge together and blend":
Have you compared the immigration rates of European countries, America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand to - say - India, or China?
Do you ever wonder why "diversity" and "multi-culturalism" are only promoted in the aforementioned countries?
Kinda reminds me of the BBC (Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation) saying that "the only reason Britons are concerned about immigration is because there are TOO MANY POLES!"

Also, what's your views on dog breeds? Surely it's "breedist" to not merge them all into a single, utterly useless, breed? Or what about red wolves? Surely it's "speciest" for the red wolves not to be assimilated by the coyote majority?

Let's see some statistics before you start trying to incite anger against minorities.

I can see that you belong to the Hispanics aren't 'stealing' "American" jobs!/they're doing the jobs native-born Americans won't do! class (one wonders if you'd be skipping for joy in the streets if illegal immigrants decreased your wage/salary to the point that you couldn't survive, but we all know you wouldn't be a hypocrite, don't we? ; ) )

Well, here goes!

Affirmative Action, Immigration, Curing America Off White Doctors
Too Many White Faces On The BBC News
Affirmative Action For Immigrants
Police Force Admits Discriminating Against White Recruits
German Media Too White, Says Government
Wall Street Still Very White, Male At The Top
Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed
White Guy? Don't Apply

We're one people man, and soon we will all be the same colour.

How boring would that be when every human being has black hair, brown eyes and brown skin?
Well, I suppose the obsession with "diversity" and "affirmative action" would end!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hey, man don't let your white rage get the best of you. I said something that is obvious to most people. The races and blending. Yes the rate of mixing is greater in the west, but eventually it will rise in other countries too. In 100 years your view on this subject will be seen as part of a knee-jerk but useless reaction to an inevitable trend. When everybody is the same shade of brown, people like you will have to think up something else to be alarmed about.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

I'm not sure how the links you posted count as statistics...mostly they are sensationalist stories meant to catch the eye of people like you and they are obviously very effective--do you reread them from time to time?. We are going to be one world, my friend, and we are going to learn that race is meaningless when compared to the things that unite us. To get there in one piece, there needs to be an orderly approach to immigration, I admit, but I assure you we will get there. You and I will probably be dead, but those that are in their prime at that time will probably feel glad that there is far less racial division in the world.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Silenceisall]

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

You might be bored because you will no longer have something to get yourself worked up about when we are all one colour. But those who were never tripped up by skin colour, however, will find life just as interesting as they find it now. That is because what is most interesting about human beings is what lies under their racial traits.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't believe its biologically possible to have a one race human species, we have too much DNA variations to even become one race. We will never be the same socially and the intelligence levels and skills will always be varied, that is life as a human being. You can not make a one race breed, it has to be diverse and with it conflicts through ignorance.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm not sure how the links you posted count as statistics...mostly they are sensationalist stories meant to catch the eye of people like you and they are obviously very effective--

White male medical school graduates declined from 10,064 in 1980 to 5,678 in 2004. As a share of med school graduates, white males fell from more than two-thirds (69.6%) to just above one-third (36.8%) over that period. (Source: Association of American Medical Colleges, Minorities in Medical Education: Facts and Figures 2005, 2005, Figures 15 and 17

In 1978, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled against Allan Bakke, who had claimed he was rejected from medical school because of his race—white. Justice Lewis Powell, in his opinion in the case, admitted that Bakke's Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores did indeed place him in the top tier of test-takers, whereas the average scores of the quota beneficiaries placed them in the bottom third. So Bakke was clearly more qualified than those admitted under the quota. Yet Mr. Powell’s opinion ruled that the state had a "substantial interest" in using race as a criterion for admission.
Affirmative Action, Immigration, Curing America Of White Doctors

Just jam those fingers in your ears a little deeper, scream "La-la-la-la-la-la I can't hear you!" a little louder...

do you reread them from time to time?. We are going to be one world, my friend, and we are going to learn that race is meaningless when compared to the things that unite us.

As I said, where is the mass non-white immigration to Africa, or Asia, or South America?
You yay we're all gonna be mixed-race in the future! types forget that white countries are the ones promoting mass immigration.
China will still be majority-Chinese.
India will still be majority-Indian.
Africa will still be majority-African

While Europe, the United States etc resemble Brazil.

To get there in one piece, there needs to be an orderly approach to immigration, I admit, but I assure you we will get there.

But an "orderly approach" would mean less immigrants, therefore less mixing - and you seem to be hellbent on a "monoracial world", so why don't we just open the floodgates and let anyone who wants to move to the United States, Canada etc do so?

You might be bored because you will no longer have something to get yourself worked up about when we are all one colour.

Because "diversity" worked so well in Brazil, right?

But those who were never tripped up by skin colour, however, will find life just as interesting as they find it now. That is because what is most interesting about human beings is what lies under their racial traits.

But isn't that racist in itself:
Assuming that the only way you can judge another man is if you are the same skin as he is?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

What a boring world to look forward to.

Our differences are what make us unique and interesting.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Regarding the OP

Interesting that the Brits have been having this issue regarding football. Recently ESPN aired a segment wondering why there were so few African-American coaches for collegiate American football. Apparently only 3 head coaches out of 112 are black.

But this to me begs a different question. Where are Indian head coaches? How about the Oriental head coaches? And why oh why can't we have some Pacific Islander head coaches in these colleges? Are they all so darn racist? I doubt it. Yet a handful of African-American organizations are attempting to require schools to interview at least one African-American coach.

Is it possible, just maybe, that there are fewer qualified African-American candidates for the job?

From my experience, racism from whites to blacks has come down to a few isolated extremist. I feel that African-Americans are the ones continuing to propagate racism.

Can you think of any other group of people that continually and consistently refers to themselves as a type of American? English-American, Mexican-American, Irish-American, Italian-American, Chinese-American, Indian-American are all terms that have limited functionality. The only other group that immediately springs to mind are Native-Americans.

The reason that racism still exists is because groups that were created and served a distinctly important purpose during the civil rights era are reluctant to disband. In order to justify their existence these organizations have to have racism.

Basically, these supposedly anti-racist organizations are to blame almost entirely to this point. These groups are why blacks can't just be Americans like everyone else in the country, but have to enjoy a special designation.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The only way to work it out is through some type of maths that will show what the rate in which people apply for jobs according to their ethic backgrounds and to the interview as for being fair overall without racial discrimination. But they don't supply the ratios the chances of getting jobs or interview the players as such who dream of becoming football coaches in future. I see a lot of white Basketball coaches in America compared to other races, I could be wrong but what does that mean? Maybe some people won't question certain truths, maybe its too controversial.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sometimes these issues sound like we have to take racial turns in society, its like society is saying lets go down the list of every minority to be in this or that position so everyone is happy and everyone can cover their racial guilts and stereotypes of the past.

It starts to sound comical, When is America going to have its first Italian American president or Mexican, Irish, Jewish,Chinese or Porto Rican president? That comes down to law of averages, eventually population numbers will increase the chances. When will China have its first Brazillian born female president? Does it not make sense that sometimes its not going to happen as the chances are low, yes discrimination does play a part but even whites discriminate against each other and these days its not about colour but in fact who you know, some jobs for example I probably find really hard to get into while others get them without qualifactions because their family or friends have contacts.

People need to stop using excuses and be logical.

new topics

top topics

join