It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The 10,000 BC Movie

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolet
 


It sounded a lot like it.




posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have a question for the OP about their post. Why is it ridiculous that woolly Mammoth would be in Egypt? Are you assuming long hair means cold climates??? Lets look at he Great Apes of Africa shall we? Or shall I name the many other long haired animals that live in warm climates, even hot ones.

Hair is an insulator from heat and cold. So I don't understand this notion that long hair equals cold climates. In fact the woolly Mammoth couldn't live in an arctic or desert climate to tell you the truth, think about it for a while and see if you can discover why. Look at today's elephants and the amount of food they have to eat each day to survive. There is no woolly mammoth with scrape marks on it's tusks so it couldn't have been scraping away snow and ice to get to vegetation nor does the sandy desert of most of Egypt grow the amount of food that a mammoth would need to survive. This leaves two options, #1 the world was very different before the flood and much of the earth was tropical or #2 the mammoths died of starvation.



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I liked the movie, though I'm easily entertained. Pearl Harbor is one of my favorite movies ever so you can kinda see where I'm coming from.

It's fiction. We guess when it comes to history before about 6000 years ago.

OP: You might enjoy the Clan of the Cave Bear novels - especially the first one. There was a movie which I thought was ok too with Darryl Hannah way back when based on the novels.

As far as the historical accuracy is concerned, who cares?!? I don't go to the cinema to be educated, I go to be entertained.

The only thing that slightly bothers me is that alternative theories about ancient history are treated like they are only good as plots to fictionalized entertainment, I think that maybe sends the wrong message.



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
.edit

[edit on 6-11-2008 by IvanZana]



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thats just it, Its a fictional movie not a documentory based on factual history.
But since we dont have alot of factual data based on that time period who is to say what conditions were like then.
10,000 years from now, would someone have the facts,data to know how we lived, existed?
Makes you wonder.



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I watched it on Google video for free.
Yes a copyrighted movie publiclly viewable on Google video.

How they don't get sued...
It was a good movie I like it.



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You guys are too much. Take a film class!

It's called Suspenion of Disbelief. When you watch a fictional movie, you're supposed to accept the fact that it may not tie together completely. Suspension of Disbelief! Nobody gets on Freddy Kruegers ass for coming back time and time again, do they?

I thought 10,000 BC was a good movie for what I expected from it. Good cinematography, mediocre everything else. Pretty much like 300. I liked the story well enough but I never once thought of Egypt. They didn't define any of the areas where the various tribes lived in a way that we could identify with today because that wasn't their goal.

You guys are making assumptions that because there's mega structures and desert, it must be Egypt. Doesn't have to be.



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
rather watch raquel inna fur bikini the worst movie ever made is anything with mario van peebles or rowdy roddy.............



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Almost the Worst movie i have ever seen.
i had to say it


[edit on 5-11-2008 by all2human]


I concur....one huge steaming pile of Mammoth dung if you ask me.



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I love this movie, and here is why.

The movie screams, nobody knows for sure, and thats so true, sure we have Archaeologists with their 2600 yr claim for the pyramid building etc, but if you look deep enough, there is a lot of contradicting evidence, also suspicious behavior, take the Sumerian tablets for instance, why are they hidden away? even rumors they where destroyed or lost, the Dropa stones, why are they not being examined? in fact I heard not long ago they could no longer all be found.

Stories from Nepal, India, Tibet of the Nagas (reptilian beings who local history say went underground and were sealed in by locals), also reported in India anyhow that they traveled in Flying chariots, who is right? modern science, or stories passed from generation to generation, same story in different countries?.

If you search and dig deep you will see there is something missing, why are we not encouraged to talk about these things in main stream science? in fact like here on ATS, you become the target of ridicule in some respects.

So the movie IMO is simply plying artistic License to the story or the history whatever you believe, I don't know if Mammoth remains were ever found in North Africa, but I do know the area around Giza was not always desert, one time it was lush greenery, over time the desert has claimed most of it, In fact new discoveries are being made all the time indicating that even deep into the Sahara desert, there is evidence of Crocodiles, lions, hippo's, and a ton of other animals reliant on water and vegetation.

My best bet tells me, that Egypt was a lot friendlier place to live the further back in time you go.

IMO 10,000 yrs is easily inserted into any timeline for the region, even more if you try and put modern science out of your mind, if you take into account Sumeria as being a huge vast civilization, more advanced than everyone is led to believe, look at the Baghdad battery, a mystery from the same region.

Dropa stones

Sumerian Gods

The Nagas

If you look hard enough, not just the links I posted, search deeper, you will see yourselves, there are many things which do not make sense, also if you look at the Nagas link, does the illustration not look similar to the crowns of the Pharaohs?

Nice thread OP, so who is right? what is right? are you all certain what you have been told and taught is the truth? even in School and Univercity, you can only be taught what your teachers know, and IMO they have been lied to from the very start of their careers, but you cant blame them, its what they knew



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by Evolet
 


It sounded a lot like it.


If you say so. But that's just how you interpeted it.



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
I have a question for the OP about their post. Why is it ridiculous that woolly Mammoth would be in Egypt? Are you assuming long hair means cold climates??? Lets look at he Great Apes of Africa shall we? Or shall I name the many other long haired animals that live in warm climates, even hot ones.

Hair is an insulator from heat and cold. So I don't understand this notion that long hair equals cold climates. In fact the woolly Mammoth couldn't live in an arctic or desert climate to tell you the truth, think about it for a while and see if you can discover why. Look at today's elephants and the amount of food they have to eat each day to survive. There is no woolly mammoth with scrape marks on it's tusks so it couldn't have been scraping away snow and ice to get to vegetation nor does the sandy desert of most of Egypt grow the amount of food that a mammoth would need to survive. This leaves two options, #1 the world was very different before the flood and much of the earth was tropical or #2 the mammoths died of starvation.


Haha. You got me so wrong, lol. It's not the hair I was talking about. It's the fact that as far as I remembered studying from history then I had never heard of mammoths being in Egypt (IF that place was Egypt in the movie... now I'm not so sure anymore).



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
As far as the historical accuracy is concerned, who cares?!? I don't go to the cinema to be educated, I go to be entertained.


Exactly my point too.



posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I love this movie, and here is why.

The movie screams, nobody knows for sure, and thats so true, sure we have Archaeologists with their 2600 yr claim for the pyramid building etc, but if you look deep enough, there is a lot of contradicting evidence, also suspicious behavior, take the Sumerian tablets for instance, why are they hidden away? even rumors they where destroyed or lost, the Dropa stones, why are they not being examined? in fact I heard not long ago they could no longer all be found.

Stories from Nepal, India, Tibet of the Nagas (reptilian beings who local history say went underground and were sealed in by locals), also reported in India anyhow that they traveled in Flying chariots, who is right? modern science, or stories passed from generation to generation, same story in different countries?.

If you search and dig deep you will see there is something missing, why are we not encouraged to talk about these things in main stream science? in fact like here on ATS, you become the target of ridicule in some respects.

So the movie IMO is simply plying artistic License to the story or the history whatever you believe, I don't know if Mammoth remains were ever found in North Africa, but I do know the area around Giza was not always desert, one time it was lush greenery, over time the desert has claimed most of it, In fact new discoveries are being made all the time indicating that even deep into the Sahara desert, there is evidence of Crocodiles, lions, hippo's, and a ton of other animals reliant on water and vegetation.

My best bet tells me, that Egypt was a lot friendlier place to live the further back in time you go.

IMO 10,000 yrs is easily inserted into any timeline for the region, even more if you try and put modern science out of your mind, if you take into account Sumeria as being a huge vast civilization, more advanced than everyone is led to believe, look at the Baghdad battery, a mystery from the same region.

Dropa stones

Sumerian Gods

The Nagas

If you look hard enough, not just the links I posted, search deeper, you will see yourselves, there are many things which do not make sense, also if you look at the Nagas link, does the illustration not look similar to the crowns of the Pharaohs?

Nice thread OP, so who is right? what is right? are you all certain what you have been told and taught is the truth? even in School and Univercity, you can only be taught what your teachers know, and IMO they have been lied to from the very start of their careers, but you cant blame them, its what they knew


Thanks a lot for this post. At last, I found someone who actually appreciates this movie apart from me! lol. I almost felt lonely.
Because you do get a lot.. and I mean like.. ALOT of bad reviews about this.



posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   


Fun Topic!!!


The Atlantean references in this movie were quite wonderful. Through what I've researched and read, I just find it incredible that so many societies started creating these massive pyramids, monuments, and structures all around the world at times when humankind was thought to be nothing more than idiotic cavemen. It's as if this great knowledge of architecture, mathematics, and astronomy "suddenly" showed up all over the world. Then generations later humanity lost this knowledge again.

My opinion is (this may or may not be an established theory), Some great advanced civilization retained it's knowledge, science, and technology for their own people and society, leaving the rest of the world in the stone age. For some reason, this great society collapsed and was lost. The refugees of this great society dispersed to all corners of the earth in search of safety and a new home. This is how and why we see this sudden explosion of knowledge and architecture all around the Earth. It was created by these newly immigrated people. After these people died, the knowledge they brought with them slowly was lost to the less educated and primitive humans. Over time, humanity had to learn and develop on their own to achieve what these long-gone, greatly skilled and knowledged people already knew.

To me, this is an extremely plausible reason why we see great architecture, monuments, astronomy, mathematics and science suddenly appear to a primitive people, then disappear again some generations later. Man wasn't able to even understand, comprehend, match, or surpass these ancient achievements until relatively recently in our modern history. Also, the ancient myths and legends, great ancient monuments, and ancient understanding and use of astronomy around the world were eerily similar.

So yeah, I absolutely LOVED the tie-in in 10,000 BC that some foreign, advanced people were responsible for the construction of the great pyramids.



posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

The only thing that slightly bothers me is that alternative theories about ancient history are treated like they are only good as plots to fictionalized entertainment, I think that maybe sends the wrong message.



I agree. I just watched 10,000 B.C. tonight, and I must say...I really enjoyed it. The references to the "Gods" being from "The Sky" or from a land that was "swallowed by the sea" inspired a tingly feeling in me...based largely upon what I hold to be true about the Giza complex and human history in general. The fact that the "God" of the movie was an old white guy was just wild...especially when you take into consideration what is known about the different visiting beings of the time.

The main chick got to me too...those eyes...just, damn.

Overall...great, fun movie. You gotta remember, it's just fiction...so it's not gotta be accurate...just entertaining. Movies are like music...you like what you like, and screw what other people think. I don't care for reviews anyways...enjoyment is a subjective experience.

Now, I am really curious to see what they do with "2012". Check out the trailer for that on quicktime.com.

Peace & Harmony folks
--J



posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wow, just watcehd the movie and can say I see were they were trying to go with it.
Did anyone notice the look and references to the people of the gods as looking like myans or aztecs from across the sea's, hence the reference to Atlantis being flew over the great sea in there giant birds?
Now there are other threads about finding sunken city off the coast of Cuba, so makes you wonder what the writers were thinking when they scripted the movie.
Anyways thought it was enjoyable as action movies go.
Peace..



posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MREALE
 


I read/saw an interview with one of the writers Roland Emmerich, who says he went for a slightly fantastic plot based on the premise of lost civilizations.

Roland E



[edit on 3/1/09 by Hanslune]



posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Camilla Bell (Evolet) is f****n hot, thats all I can say.

As for the movie, well, its not exactly a documentary with so much inaccuracies. Good movie though!



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join