It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10,000 BC Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As you can see I'm a fan of this movie, hence my username (because I loved the plot and the character of Evolet as well as the name).

I know this movie received a lot of criticism but I personally think that the majority just don't think outside the box. Ok, woolly mammoths in Egypt is indeed a bit bizarre but who cares? It's meant to be entertaining and I admit I was pretty damn entertained in the cinema.
But one reason why I love this movie so much is because it allows one to see an alternative point of view of ancient history whether you agree with it or not. We don't know what it ACTUALLY was like, do we? I mean, we have archaeologists, geologists etc but still? Like how do we know if these people who have the power to see these things and talk about these things are 100% genuine about it? Because otherwise there wouldn't be conspiracy theories around now would there (unless it's just a boredom disease, lol)?

Anyways, so back to the point. I'm a very open-minded, spiritual person (I'm a pagan) who does not deny the fact that there isn't always just one side of the story.. there are many shades of grey.
When watching the movie one very interesting thing I noticed is the clues and hints about Atlantis. I think the fact that the pyramids were all there and the fact that there was a so-called "God" who ruled that place was a wicked concept considering the fact that there are myths and legends from Ancient Egypt about their "ancestors/gods coming from a land that sunk beneath the waves" (or even from the stars) as it was said in the movie during the scene with the interesting map.

So I was wondering.. what are your thoughts on this particular movie? Now, please, don't turn this thread into movie bashing. I want some constructive opinions, thoughts, discussions about the elements in the movie that I have noticed commonly in many conspiracy theories about alternative history of mankind.

I know this sounds kind of crazy but I believe the story could be true. Not necessarily the woolly mammoths in Egypt, lol, but the plot and the character ideas if you know what I mean. What is especially odd is that I had a dream exactly like that like months before this movie was released and before I even knew about it coming out. And once I watched it.. it was like deja vu! Since then I've been hooked. It's kind of hard to explain. I'm sure the open-minded people of ATS could see my point in this though (or at least, I hope so).

So anyone else enjoyed this movie or is it just me even on ATS? lol

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Evolet]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have yet to see this movie, but have been compeled too ever since I first saw the trailers for it. I think it was a great idea to incorporate so many myths and ideals into its themes. Really lets your imagination run with what we dont know about such a timeline, history, or what we still havent discovered.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It was fun to watch, but the writers stole from every "far out" idea they could find. It was less believable than "Jurassic Park" (I wanted to feed those kids to the dinosaurs) and the history wasn't up to the fantasy stuff in "Indiana Jones" but it was a fun bit of fluff.

Reminded me a lot of the "Hercules" movies with Steve Reeves. Loved them. Cheezy as the dickens and totally nonfactual, but a really fun "turn your braincells off and watch."

The Sabertooth tiger was my favorite. I wanted him onscreen more.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
its a good movie

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've got it on my blockbuster movie list.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Often times movies get panned but I find that I enjoyed them so I don't listen to the critics.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Almost the Worst movie i have ever seen.
i had to say it

[edit on 5-11-2008 by all2human]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Havint seen the movie, but your are COMPLETELY right in your thoughts about history, its VERY different than we are thought.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

THe OP clearly asked for no movie bashing.
Come on now.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolet
Ok, woolly mammoths in Egypt is indeed a bit bizarre but who cares?

What on earth are you talking about? 10,000 BC is complete fantasy and have nothing to do with Egypt.

Yeah they're building pyramids, but they and the Eygptian pyramids have about as much in common as Mount Doom has with Mount Vesuvius.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by merka]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outlawstar

THe OP clearly asked for no movie bashing.
Come on now.

Now, now...Outlaw's right. Don't be mean.

The OP also asked for our "thoughts on this particular movie." Mine are that this movie is so bad, it's not even funny.

The acting was on par with what you see in a music video. The script was apparently written by a whole team of idiots. The plot was as formulaic as baby food. The costumes, set design and art direction was right out of a Museum of Natural History diorama.

Pity, because the premise was so promising. Especially the potential to at least reveal some glimpses of the alternative, "real" history that we're not "supposed" to learn about in school, through the MSM, etc.

If you like this film, more power to you. Maybe I should watch it again. Or maybe I'll just read another book, instead.

In fact, the film was SO bad that brings me to wonder whether they tank these types of films on purpose to put the "alternative" info out there, but keep as many people as possible from seeing it. I dunno...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
they should've subtitled it like they did in mongols. that turned out to be a decent movie.

as far as history goes yeah it has to be different. there's just so much of it there's no way we can know it. it's like when people compare something to "ancient greece" and "ancient times", lol you're talking about thousands of years of history summed up in one sentence.

i thought the movie was kinda racist though. the big bad white man making slaves out of teh entire world.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Me and my dad watched. We're waiting for the parody.
To us, it seemed like the entire movie was written in order to be parodied.
It was alright, but over all... not really all that good. For one thing, 10,000 years ago, Egypt was a lot more green than it is today, so they messed that part up.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Me and my dad watched. We're waiting for the parody.
To us, it seemed like the entire movie was written in order to be parodied.
It was alright, but over all... not really all that good. For one thing, 10,000 years ago, Egypt was a lot more green than it is today, so they messed that part up.

I do agree with the Egypt part. It was way greener back then. But yeah, I didn't really watch the movie looking for mistakes in it. I watch it for the idea, the story and characters.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
For one thing, 10,000 years ago, Egypt was a lot more green than it is today, so they messed that part up.

FFS, Egypt is not in 10,000BC!

In terms of lore (if the movie can even be said to have it since its just a patchwork of things) it might as well take place on another planet. Personally I was even disappointed when the main character didnt decide to ride the sabertooth and become He-Man

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have this movie and tried to watch it twice now (the cinematography is beautiful) but it just plain bores me, and I can't finish it. It's not on my list of worse movies - Munich competes with Cloverfield for that title. Considering it's set 10,000 years before the birth of Christ, it's bound to have a pre-christian/pagan take on things. It's a fantasy movie in my opinion, but take from it what you will I suppose. If you enjoy the movie that much, that's probably why you inteperet a meaning that feels right to you.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

i had to say it

ALMOST THE WORST??? No, no... THE worst.

They mixed different time periods seperated by thousands of years in with eachother. Not to mention, the extremely hoakey animals.

Utter crap.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

i had to say it

ALMOST THE WORST??? No, no... THE worst.

They mixed different time periods seperated by thousands of years in with eachother. Not to mention, the extremely hoakey animals.

Utter crap.

Yeah, it was pretty crappy lol

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DroolsAlot

However, it wasn't all bad news for me. It was the first movie my girlfriend (and future wife) and I had ever seen together in the theater. So we had fun regardless... it just didn't involve watching that crappy movie.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolet

I have to say, if you loved the movie then why are you bitching about the critical reception? It is a movie that contrasts with peoples image of the ancient past, so it's not going to be liked. I loved Indiana Jones despite it's historical inaccuracy.

What about the land before time?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by Evolet

I have to say, if you loved the movie then why are you bitching about the critical reception? It is a movie that contrasts with peoples image of the ancient past, so it's not going to be liked. I loved Indiana Jones despite it's historical inaccuracy.

What about the land before time?

I'm not bitching about critical reception.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join