It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Terrorist" Bill Ayers the Day After the Election - In Person

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I thought this was relevant as we will learn more about what happened and why - but obviously now is a time for reflection of the campaign, excitement for the future - can he just start now, I mean, does anyone know Bush is still in office? Judge as you will, if you have paid your debts to society and improved yourself, so much the better for you.

(Photograph by Peter Slevin, Washington Post, outside Bill Ayers’s home in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago, Nov. 4, 2008.)

Posted by David Remnick - NewYorker

Ayers has avoided reporters ever since he became an election talking point, scratch pole, and general sensation. But now he answered the door of his three-story row house, and I joined the discussion. Ayers is sixty-four and has earrings in both ears. He wore jeans and a Riley T-shirt—Riley the kid from “Boondocks.” The day was fall-bright and 50th Street was filled with fallen gold leaves. Ayers waved to neighbors and kids as they went by on the sidewalk. He was, for the first time in a long while, in an expansive mood, making clear that, in all the months his name has been at the forefront of the campaign, he and his wife, Bernardine Dohrn—ex-leaders of the Weather Underground and longtime educators and activists in the community—have been watching a lot of cable television, not least Fox.

www.newyorker.com...

ColoradoJens

Edit to fix link:

[edit on 5-11-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
wow what an evil hate monger

smiling at kids and joking about things .... he should be stoned or burned at the stake or both at the same time

hopefull the guy and his wife can get on with a normal life now and the crazies will leave him be

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to noobfun:

Yeah, I know. It seems impossible to discern between someone twenty years ago and today when your actions are so strong and lead to prison - but we must accept what society has dictated in those terms - obviously his neighbors have accepted he has paid his price and was used as a pawn.

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What are we talking about this for?

You guys won, good for you, let's move on.

Wasn't Obama winning supposed to bring us all together?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I saw plenty of pictures of Saddam Hussein kissing babies, etc. Just saying. Not that I am comparing Hussein to Ayers in deeds.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
What are we talking about this for?

You guys won, good for you, let's move on.

Wasn't Obama winning supposed to bring us all together?

Really? We won?? What did I win?? Is Ed McMahon gonna show up at my doorstep with a check?

I have never understood this type of thinking. People who get so personally involved that just cause the Candidate you support wins, somehow means others have won too.

I can tell you this.... McCain or Obama, it makes no difference. We were all losers and no one has won anything.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
They won as in "Obama supporters". Their candidate won.

Pretty simple.

And to them, they have won.

Still confused....

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hey Nyk - as the OP, I just want to point out I didn't vote for Obama. May suprise you, but it's true.

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

join