It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MessOnTheATS Political Sham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Im concerned. I came to ATS to try to get the other side of the story. Not to see the same crap that is all over the media. Why do we need 4 different forums for politics. realy! One should be sufficient. Politics is always the same... Someone is greedy... Someone lied.... Someone is gonna start WW3.. Someone cheated... Give it a break people. Who cares who won the election. Nothing will change. Its all a cherade (SP?). "The events on here are real, the names and faces have been changed to protect the GUILTY!" Above Top Secret.... There is nothing secret about politics Except its all a big sham. Something else to put the veil over eyes for another 7 or 8 months. Please people dont turn this super cool site into a political BS site. I vote no more political bs on this site. If you agree please star and flag, if not then please bash me and my silly views. all welcome.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
We'll you're views aren't silly, but they aren't original either.

Every once in a while someone gets on here and rants about wanting to abolish the political boards here at ATS. The answer I'll give you is the one I give everyone who proposes this:

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Keep on reading your reptilian and UFO threads and you'll be fine. Why read something that upsets you or that you disagree with?

Just leave it alone.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The presidential process may very well be a shame.

But, the idea of disscusion of political ideals, and the disscusion of those ideas is very important.

In the days of ATS lore, there were even more forums, one for each corner of political disscusion.

Now, the lines are drawn, and we are corned into fighting each other.

Pay attention not the the flashy headlines.

Pay attention to the details, the issues, and the prinicples of ones self.

ATS is a public forum, expressing the opinion of the people.

Your distaste for ATS is misplaced in rage at ATS, but should be pointed at the general populace...

In a free society, we get what we deserve.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Ideas come in every shape, form, and fashion. Society is made up of ideas....a lot of them controversial, including political ideas and issues. Controversy isn't that far from conspiracy.

But, like Nyk said, if you don't like it, don't read it or contribute to it. That's your right.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
i've been on ATS for so long that it's all repetitive, just having new names makes the whole thing interesting.

i've got a standard answer for this stuff too...... "so go post something better", no really, please do. i always love to read new stuff, even the lies can teach us something.

besides, here's hoping it changes, it might not be expected but hoping to have your expectations squashed isn't always a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

besides, here's hoping it changes, it might not be expected but hoping to have your expectations squashed isn't always a bad thing.

I wish someone or something would change my views on politics and im not saying ATS is bad for all the political stuff im just saying that maybe it should have its own private little sector. maybe not posted in 4 or 5 different political forums. thats all. Appreciate the feed back. Back to my silly little life.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The ATS staff and owners appreciate all feedback be it criticism or praise. Obviously in this case it's criticism so I would like to direct you to the The ATS Issues Thread where all these concerns should be expressed. I will be closing this thread and look forward to you making your viewpoint known in the proper thread listed above.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Regards,
The ATS Staff

Closing

new topics

top topics

join