It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel Accepts Chief of Staff Position for Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well, Having been in the military, I can tell you that 3 months of training for responding to things like CBR threats is a great thing. Thats the kind of person I want to be around in a crisis. I have no idea about Israel, but I can say that I agree with that. But then again, I am an Obama Supporter, so maybe that's natural. I don't know about the brown shirts or black shirts, but I do know about blue and khaki shirts, as in the Cub Scouts. I can tell you that the process of educating kids in civics has a lot of merit. They don't teach civics in public school so they need to learn it some place. I think you are being a bit glib comparing something like a civic training like is being proposed by Rahm and some form of hitler youth. [edit on 7-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

You were in the military and you've never heard of the brown shirts or the black shirts? Wow. I suggest reading up on a little history. You might find some frightening similarities to how they were set up and what Obama and his gang are saying they want. For me this is a big strike one regarding change.
www.infowars.com...
Change or more of the same?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What better way to finalize the police state turning our children against their elders.

To become snitches of the government.

Sorry to say this, but it does smell like a "democratic version" of the Nazi youth to me.

Man,I never thought about that.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Maxmars

I'm sorry but I believe in being prepared. I also agree that we should teach our generations to avoid such things, but we should be doing both.

Well, I did sort of go off on a rant there, nothing personal intended. I also believe in being prepared. But the whole point of FEMA and other such agencies was to spend out tax-dollars for that eventuality. Letting them 'induct' our youth into the process seems like an open admission that despite the funding - they can't do it. Then why do they exist? Just to tell us - "You are going to have to do it."

If we spent 1/10th of the war budget on civil defense and preparedness we wouldn't be in this situation AND as an added bonus, it would be THAT much less likely we would be provoking such a threat in the first place.

But, it's early, and something like this can be transformed into a less offensive prospect, if carried out correctly. (I just don't appreciate following the Israeli model; all it has done is made them an oppressive regime.)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You know what I wonder if Acorn will be in charge of the new youth program.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I like your thinking.. I'm so disgusted today but that made me chuckle.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You know what I wonder if Acorn will be in charge of the new youth program.

That would be splendid! Only a few would be actually involved in it but the registration statistics would be huge - we could all feel warm and fuzzy about this contribution to society, without it actually costing much. I commend to idea to POTUS-Elect!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

yes, he renounced israeli citizenship long time ago.
so he is not a dual citizen as you were claiming.
and finally - no one asks you to trust anyone, did you
for example "trust" Bush cronies? I doubt since you're here.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon

yes, he renounced israeli citizenship long time ago.
so he is not a dual citizen as you were claiming.
and finally - no one asks you to trust anyone, did you
for example "trust" Bush cronies? I doubt since you're here.

Has he renounced his allegiance to Israel? How do we know Israels interest will not be put before the United States interests? I mean lets face it his dad was Irgun. I mean they committed more terrorists acts than Al Quaeda ever has. No I did not trust the Bush Cronies. Read some of my posts you ll see how I feel about Bush. Im America first and its obvious Bush was not. He was Cronies and Party first. I dont want Obama to be the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

with that logic, you can project into many more individuals that you
may imagine. take Arnold Schwarzenegger, our governor of CA...
an exquisite sample. he was born in Austria. his father was a member
of nazi party and SA - which brought Hitlet to power...

do you trust him?
it only about 60 years ago that our republic fought Germany in WWII.
now if your answer is yes, then it tells me more about your own beliefs
that any factual evidence presented.

to attack Emanuel, one needs facts. his allegiance or not to Israel
is not factual, if anything the facts show that his allegiance is in fact
to US.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon

with that logic, you can project into many more individuals that you
may imagine. take Arnold Schwarzenegger, our governor of CA...
an exquisite sample. he was born in Austria. his father was a member
of nazi party and SA - which brought Hitlet to power...

do you trust him?
it only about 60 years ago that our republic fought Germany in WWII.
now if your answer is yes, then it tells me more about your own beliefs
that any factual evidence presented.

to attack Emanuel, one needs facts. his allegiance or not to Israel
is not factual, if anything the facts show that his allegiance is in fact
to US.

No I wouldnt trust Arnold in that kind of position and that is to run the presidents cabinet. Our Constitution has provisions in there for this exact reason and I am not a believer in overturning it. Emanuel gave up his passport at 18. How do I know that he never joined the Mossad? I can never tell for sure and neither can you. You already see the huge push for war with Iran and that is for no other reason that Israel. Iran poses no threat to the US. In fact I dont even feel they pose a threat to Israel but for some reason they want war with Iran. Im sorry I dont believe that America needs to go fight every war because "Israel feels threatened" and that goes for all of our allies. If an ally is actually attacked then that is a different story but this idea of the pre emptive strikes (and oh yea dont think for a minute Obama will get rid of that doctrine) just because you think your going to be attacked is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

unit, i truely don't care which religion, color or nationality you are, but you
have to "get it" that both iraq and iran are not about israel or jews - it's about resources. you really think that NWO and their powerful puppets
care about israel or jews? reverse these countries - give israel resources
and make iran have a pro-NWO government, you would have plans to
invade israel in place (i bet carried out already). wake up, please, i'm a
jew, none of my family or anyone else i know have NWO ties or secretly
working to start iran war...we are used as a cover, sadly for about a millionth time...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eventHorizon

I never said it was all Jews I said it was Jews like this

www.thenational.ae...

You see I understand the difference. This is a Jewish mafia or crime family headed by the above. Who all is in it Im not sure that is something Im trying to figure out. I know all Jews arent involved. The Rothschilds are not Jews although they claim to be. These are the people I am referring to. These same people who although they are Jewish they funded Hitler even as they knew he was killing mass Jews. Like Ive stated before I dont have an issue with all the Jews. When I refer to Jews in threads I am referring to the likes of people like the Rothschilds so please dont get offended.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

This dude looks like he's gonna go after the Cheaney.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'd like to point out Chris Matthews' final words on the above interview regarding Cheney's conduct and posturing...

"The American people tend to overlook this."

This is the media bias - THEY overlook, skirt, and otherwise whitewash the events of the last 8-years, and then they claim "American's overlook this.."

Really? What America do you think he was referring to; South America, Central America? Certainly he can't be thinking to imply the the citizens of the United Sates didn't notice the 'free reign' Mr. Cheney was given? That would be downright lying, wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

interestingly, the link you posted is blank now.
i'm glad you see and understand the difference.
it would be equally great if you would be more specific
in your posts - you see many, especially young ones,
they don't realize or lack the depth needed to understand.
akin MM induced mass-hypnosis, they believe in what
they read...and in our depressing, from many points,
times, finding a scape-goat is only a matter of time.
my nation has been in this situation many times, sadly
in many places - this is the reason i felt compelled to
reply to your posts and make things more clear...
i, we all, better do this before it becomes too late to
freely voice one's opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join