It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel Accepts Chief of Staff Position for Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by volitionawareness

see post above with link provided - Rahm Emanuel is not a dual citizen.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

He needs as many insiders as possible who are experts at what they do best in DC.. Who is he supposed to go with, someone with no experience? His staff and cabinet member positions needs to filled with the top talent currently available.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well Mr Obama is not looking to win over any gun owners with his first two choices or appointments.

Joe Biden and Rahm Emanuel were two of the biggest forces behind the original AWB. Biden was one of the authors of the forrunner of the Patriot Act Joe Biden and the political establishment's overriding goal

Right now Rahm Emanuel is a cosponsor of H.R. 1022: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007.

HR 1022

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Bush must be breathing a sigh of relief. Finally the public have someone else to focus on.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Rahm is Obama's 'Karl Rove' equivelent...

Wow I would not take it that far... I mean Satan only has one equal after all.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Although my candidate did not succeed in his campaign for the Presidency, I will give the new administration the benefit of the doubt, I am actually more concerned with what Pelosi and Reid and the crew at the Capitol have planned for the citizens..

I'm with you re the new administration, not my pick. As for Pelosi and Reid I think this Emanuel choice demonstrates that Obama is similarly concerned. If the GOP controlled congress I would see this as a partisan choice but with a Dem Congress I see this as a wise move. It'll be his own party that Obama will need Emanuel to whip into line for him and the bull dog will be nipping at the donkey's heels more than the elephants!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hey Barack specifically promised to rebuild the Jewish Black Alliance when he was still fighting with Hillary...

People didn't think much about what he says so much as how they guys says things, particularly since he ran against the living dead in the election... McCain was about as exciting as a toaster I suppose...

But hey, at least i'm Jewish, maybe I wont be in some Islamic inquisition room after all by the end of this 4 years after all

Biden now Rahm You all just voted for 4 more years of war... who would have guessed.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
And... thinking about this for a bit

Probably he is attempting to see to it that Israel doesn't attack Iran thinking he doesn't/America no longer will have it's back

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon
reply to post by mybigunit

just for your knowledge, Rahm Emmanuel is not a dual citizen.
please stop spreading disinfo.

Wiki on Emanuel Rahm

Actually he held an Israeli passport till 18 and his dad was part of the Irgun (An Israeli Terrorist Organization)
www.judicial-inc.biz...

I dont trust the guy as far as I can throw him.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This Rahm guy is seriously disturbed. The 'knife incident' is just crazy. He helped ram NAFTA and the AWB through under Clinton. He's also one of the biggest recipients of wall street money in Congress. He's going to be all for the Obama Youth. Here's a nifty quote from a book he co-authored titled The Plan: Big Ideas For America. "It’s time for a real Patriot Act that brings out the patriot in all of us. We propose universal civilian service for every young American. Under this plan, All Americans between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five will be asked to serve their country by going through three months of basic training, civil defense preparation and community service. Here’s how it would work. Young people will know that between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five, the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service. They’ll be asked to report for three months of basic civil defense training in their state or community, where they will learn what to do in the event of biochemical, nuclear or conventional attack; how to assist others in an evacuation; how to respond when a levee breaks or we’re hit by a natural disaster. These young people will be available to address their communities’ most pressing needs. Emanuel and co-author Bruce Reed insist "this is not a draft," but go on to write of young men and women, "the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service." They also warn, "some Republicans will squeal about individual freedom," ruling out any likelihood that they would let people opt out of universal citizen service. As chief of staff, Emanuel will not be in a position to directly introduce public policy, but his enthusiasm for compulsory service, combined with Barack Obama’s own plan to require high school students to perform 50 hours of government-approved service, suggest an unfortunate direction for the new administration." I bet Israel is rejoicing now that they have a man in the white house.
Mazal Tav

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MetatronCubensis

The mandatory service for young people is a model of the Israeli mandatory service.

I guess no matter how you can dress the pig is still a pig, he is another Zionist in Washington.

I guess he thinks that America needs to prepare our sons and daughters to fight the next war for Israel in Iran.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I wonder if the 'enlistees' will also learn about civics, personal rights, the constitution and it's history, or anything else that would reinforce their notion of what America is and isn't.

This is (sorry to say) similar to Hitler's 'youth' programs too. Interesting that we must teach them how to react to 'being attacked'.

Sorry, it's got lipstick, but it's still a pig, after all. Soon they'll expect and reward children for being the 'eyes and ears' of the government...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

That is a scary thought, but you know what its going to be received with open arms if ever implemented due to the lack of many Parents in this nation responsibilities.

Better to let the government take over the Responsibility of raising unruly children and out of control teens, after all Americans Parents of most of them don't have time to waste with their own children while they are busy working two jobs at the local big retail stores and fast food chains.

I truly, truly believe that through the years our nation ruling powers has been preparing and making the type of social and economical mess we have now a days to be able to impose new rules for society.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetatronCubensis
This Rahm guy is seriously disturbed. The 'knife incident' is just crazy. He helped ram NAFTA and the AWB through under Clinton. He's also one of the biggest recipients of wall street money in Congress. He's going to be all for the Obama Youth. Here's a nifty quote from a book he co-authored titled The Plan: Big Ideas For America. "It’s time for a real Patriot Act that brings out the patriot in all of us. We propose universal civilian service for every young American. Under this plan, All Americans between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five will be asked to serve their country by going through three months of basic training, civil defense preparation and community service. Here’s how it would work. Young people will know that between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five, the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service. They’ll be asked to report for three months of basic civil defense training in their state or community, where they will learn what to do in the event of biochemical, nuclear or conventional attack; how to assist others in an evacuation; how to respond when a levee breaks or we’re hit by a natural disaster. These young people will be available to address their communities’ most pressing needs. Emanuel and co-author Bruce Reed insist "this is not a draft," but go on to write of young men and women, "the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service." They also warn, "some Republicans will squeal about individual freedom," ruling out any likelihood that they would let people opt out of universal citizen service. As chief of staff, Emanuel will not be in a position to directly introduce public policy, but his enthusiasm for compulsory service, combined with Barack Obama’s own plan to require high school students to perform 50 hours of government-approved service, suggest an unfortunate direction for the new administration." I bet Israel is rejoicing now that they have a man in the white house.
Mazal Tav

Wow, I quoted the whole thing, because yours was a great post. I disagree with your conclusions though, but I am glad you left the specifics in there.

I'm all for this. 3 months of civic training during the ages of 18 and 25 is exactly what this country needs to ensure future generations have a built in readiness for the threats we will be facing. As for personal freedoms, I believe that 3 months of civic training is not any more an infringment on my rights than the compulsion to be be in school from k-12. Do you know why education is mandated by the gov, regardless of administration? Because an Educated population has been proven to be a more affluent population and healthier population.

This simply adds one more layer of preparedness onto our children and grandchildren. At the same time, like education, it helps ensure our liberties.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You're kidding, right? This Rahm character wants to turn the US into Israel! Do you see any connection here to Hitler's brown shirts or Mussolini's black shirts? Just curious.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetatronCubensis
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You're kidding, right? This Rahm character wants to turn the US into Israel! Do you see any connection here to Hitler's brown shirts or Mussolini's black shirts? Just curious.

Well, Having been in the military, I can tell you that 3 months of training for responding to things like CBR threats is a great thing. Thats the kind of person I want to be around in a crisis.

I have no idea about Israel, but I can say that I agree with that. But then again, I am an Obama Supporter, so maybe that's natural.

I don't know about the brown shirts or black shirts, but I do know about blue and khaki shirts, as in the Cub Scouts. I can tell you that the process of educating kids in civics has a lot of merit. They don't teach civics in public school so they need to learn it some place.

I think you are being a bit glib comparing something like a civic training like is being proposed by Rahm and some form of hitler youth.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I'm all for this. 3 months of civic training during the ages of 18 and 25 is exactly what this country needs to ensure future generations have a built in readiness for the threats we will be facing. As for personal freedoms, I believe that 3 months of civic training is not any more an infringment on my rights than the compulsion to be be in school from k-12. Do you know why education is mandated by the gov, regardless of administration? Because an Educated population has been proven to be a more affluent population and healthier population.

This simply adds one more layer of preparedness onto our children and grandchildren. At the same time, like education, it helps ensure our liberties.

Why are you of the opinion that we WILL be facing threats of this nature. Are you so sure? Shouldn't we be preparing our children to avoid getting to that point? Or will we be beating the war drums forever? Shall we teach them to handle weapons and issue tasers? Should they learn how to restrain dissidents and report 'suspicious' behavior or open dissent? Will we issue them gas masks and paramilitary gear?

And why should we call this civic training? Sounds to me like we are simply surrendering our children to FEMA as free labor. We definitely are not on the same page. Perhaps I would agree if there were actual 'civics' involved. But this is simply a 'show your loyalty' mandate to surrender your labor to the FEDERAL government. Do the states have any say?

Someone who believes in education as you profess should be familiar with the fact that since the federal government has been involved in 'education' we have become the laughing stock of the world - educationally speaking. This isn't about 'education' it's about indoctrination into government mandated service. You think there will be 'learning' of some kind? At best it will be 'TRAINING' to execute certain functions at the direction of the FEDERAL government on demand.

I for one DO feel this is an infringement on the liberty of the people. What the plan is based upon is the paradigm that the government WON'T be there to help us (what else is new?) but instead that WE have to do it, at THEIR direction. Why not just reinstate the draft and be done with it? This is a poorly veiled induction into mandatory governmental service - call it what you will - but in the end - people cannot refuse - they will be punished if they do.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Rahm Emanuel, Wikipedia

If true, this makes me more uncomfortable about Emanuel.

He left the White House to accept a well-paid position at Dresdner Kleinwort investment bank in Chicago, where he worked from 1999 to 2002 and reportedly earned US$18 million.[9] Emanuel was named to the Board of Directors for the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation ("Freddie Mac") by then President Bill Clinton in 2000. He resigned from the board in 2001 when he ran for congress. [10]

Open Secrets reports that Rahm Emanuel "was the top House recipient in the 2008 election cycle of contributions from hedge funds, private equity firms and the larger securities/investment industry

Also - I'd really like to see some change in our country's blind support of Israel. It doesn't seem like there will be any change given Emanuel's personal ties to that country and his personal history.

Overall, this choice doesn't make me confident that much will change in Washington. I believe that it is just the same old greed and corruption with a new, smoother talking front man.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I'm sorry but I believe in being prepared. I also agree that we should teach our generations to avoid such things, but we should be doing both.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What better way to finalize the police state turning our children against their elders.

To become snitches of the government.

Sorry to say this, but it does smell like a "democratic version" of the Nazi youth to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join