It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel Accepts Chief of Staff Position for Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
And if Obama appointed a total outsider with no White House and/or national experience at all you would be criticizing that.

Chief of staff keeps all the egos in line and on message... not exactly a job for the easy touch kinda guy. Anything above congressional level is played hard ball.

Whatever, grover. I thought Obama's whole campaign was about "Change in politics", not the same old, same old.

Guess that was just a lie to get elected then wasn't it? The man is already showing this to be true with his actions.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

He is feisty. He's strong, stubborn, ambitious, smart, a bit harsh and he really knows his way around Washington. For Chief of Staff, I think Obama should have someone he can work with, trusts and can count on. Apparently Rahm is that guy.

I don't have an opinion on this choice because it's really up to Obama. I guess I trust Obama to make the choice of his staff... Crazy, huh?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Obama couldn't technically pass an FBI security check so why should his Chief of staff. Given his track record with Clinton, I find it puzzling that Obama would even consider this guy for the job let alone appoint him already.

This will only add more fuel to the fire and raise more doubt.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It was very easy to understand how Obama selected Rahm after reading that Rolling Stone article from 05, Barack's campaign was almost word for word true to what Emanuel was promoting back then..

Looks like we have the NEW ARCHITECT

Like I said before, I didn't vote for our new President and while I have some personal apprehension as to which direction our country is heading...

I am still always hopeful that things will get better, now that the Dems have a mandate, something will get done in the next couple of years..

I hope that it is to the betterment of the country, and I will give them the time needed to try and get us on the right track.

There will always be time question the path chosen once the new Administration/Congress go to work next year..

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I too am trying not to be a pessimist but man when you elect a guy who promotes change then then he appoints the Washington insiders who are part of the reason we are in this position people like Biden and Rahm I mean geez. If he wanted change he would get Ron Paul to be his treasury secretary. Now thats change you can believe in

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Rahm is Obama's 'Karl Rove' equivelent...no, strike through equivelent...
put in counter-part instead !

to me that's a positive change. the Bush-Rove gave us all ulcers,
Obama-Rahm.... that opens up a few doors

??? do i hear sitar music playing in the background ??

[edit on 6-11-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Haaretz was pretty happy....

www.haaretz.com...

Choosing Emanuel was one of Obama's first decisions after becoming president-elect in Tuesday's election.

The hard-charging fellow Chicagoan accepted the job after struggling over family and political considerations. By moving into a top White House job for a second time, Emanuel will have to put aside hopes of becoming speaker of the lower chamber.

He is the son of a Jerusalem-born pediatrician who was a member of the Irgun (Etzel or IZL), a militant Zionist group that operated in Palestine between 1931 and 1948.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by cogburn]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Keep in mind this IS his first appointment. Obama is fairly new in Washington. He's going to need some people around him who know how things work and can let him know what to expect.

I think it's funny that Obama ran on a campaign of "change" and some people think that means 100% everything's got to be 180 degrees out from anything like it's been before. I've got news... He's not going to fill his cabinet with clowns, hippies and plumbers who don't have any experience in Washington or experience in the jobs he needs to fill. That would be highly illogical and unreasonable...

Just something to keep in mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Super star for you!

I wonder if something like that could EVER happen?

I imagine we shouldn't expect miracles. He is no messiah.

I expect since he can only appoint 'seasoned' and 'experienced' 'politically prudent' cabinet members we are left with nothing to choose from but clowns and jokers.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This Emmanuel character seems like a seriously unbalanced individual. From every description thus far he is painted as a hot head and a real wacko.

Something that I heard today that scares me way more than this:

Barack Obama will likely appoint John Kerry as his new Secretary of State. No!!!!!!!!!! Not Frankenkerry....I had assumed that since we were past Halloween he would go back to his dungeaon for another year, but here he is again

If Obama even mentions the name Madelain Albright as a possible appointee I am going to seriously be sick.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

This Emmanuel character seems like a seriously unbalanced individual. From every description thus far he is painted as a hot head and a real wacko.

Something that I heard today that scares me way more than this:

Barack Obama will likely appoint John Kerry as his new Secretary of State. No!!!!!!!!!! Not Frankenkerry....I had assumed that since we were past Halloween he would go back to his dungeaon for another year, but here he is again

If Obama even mentions the name Madelain Albright as a possible appointee I am going to seriously be sick.

wow aint that something, welcome to my nightmare,

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
don't believe the hype, people; this is the same koolaid, different color..

Emanuel is a dual citizen Israeli Zionist -- married to the banking system, and would like to see all the Arab countries obliterated from the face of the earth; this is not positive in any way...

Obama is exactly what the faux 2-party system promises he will be; more of the same; in fact, with the progressive bent and a democrat congress, globilization will be much easier now..

hang onto your hats, ladies and gentlemen; Obama/Emanuel will be taking us on a horrible and deadly ride..

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You know I have to agree with you, the first thing that I didn't like about Obama was the appointment of Biden as his VP rather than Hillary.

And for this Rahm Emanuel I am not very sure that we need more Zionist in the government either.

Bush surrounded himself with corporate cronies and big oil men.

And we still got two wars from it.

I don't think we need anymore wars been pushed by Zionist lobbyist infiltrating our government more than they already are.

I don't like it.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You know I have not problem with Kerry having some office in the Obama cabinet at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have to laugh at the defenders of Rahm Emanuel. "strong, stubborn, ambitious, smart, a bit harsh and he really knows his way around Washington".

I remember the harsh criticism of John Bolton for the exact same reasons.

Americans can thank Rahm Emanuel for losing their jobs to NAFTA:

Correct: Emanuel - one of the original architects of NAFTA - wants congressional Democrats to pass controversial NAFTAs with Colombia, South Korea and Panama right now, so as to avoid inevitably STRONGER opposition from his own party in the next Congress.
:
How many polls have to come out showing that the vast majority of Americans do not want their jobs and wages crushed by hacks like Emanuel? And how come Democrats are led by con artists who spent their White House career shilling for Wall Street, then cashed in as an investment banker, then bought a congressional race, only to go back to Washington to continue his corporate crusade over the dead body of his own caucus?

www.ourfuture.org...

Emphasis added.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You know I have not problem with Kerry having some office in the Obama cabinet at all.

As long as they don't give him anything sharp or electric!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

That is why I like him better, at least he is predictable.

I really don't like this Rahm a bit, the more I read about his tricks I like him less.

Is not such thing as a good clean government for the people anymore and the sooner the American people learn this the faster we can hurry up and reclaim our government back, from all the trash lining up their pockets with tax payer money and bathing themselves with the blood of the sons and daughters of this country.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Kerry has paid his dues, and been the butt of much criticism. He will get his reward from this admin, probably in the form of something European, which is his love.

Watch out for this Rahm guy.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Hear you, but if the rest of Obama cabinet is like this Rham Person I think America has been scammed once again.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

just for your knowledge, Rahm Emmanuel is not a dual citizen.
please stop spreading disinfo.

Wiki on Emanuel Rahm

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join