It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they winning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The State of the World

For some time now, more then decades, there has been a subsection of the world that has been at war with the United States of America, and the ideals at her core, and the way of life she represents.

Most of America awoke to this on September 11th 2001.

Call it want you want.
Islamo-facists
Radicals
Fanatics
Terrorists

The idea is not disputable, even if we get tied up in the language.

And how has the world fared in the last generation.

Suicide attacks around the world. Every corner of the earth has felt its touch. The US, UK, Spain, and many others.

The US is stuck in never ending occupation wars, trying to fight an enemy with no army, air force, or navy.

And yet, we are losing the war. On the fronts of Culture, Law, and Morale.

How can the average Jihadist feel to awake to see the president of the USA with a Islamic name.

Reverse the role, and imagine the leader of Islamic countries with the name of John Smith.

As we are going down this path of a generational war, between not nations, but ideals. What is the score?

Who is winning?

But more importantly, what will be next...

*(a personal note, this thread was one that pained me more then ever to write, it is a something that tears me to peices... but i am not one to push aside evidence, and reason in favor of self gradification.)

[edit on 11/5/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero
[trying to fight an enemy with no army, air force, or navy. ]

What do you mean? Who is the enemy? Who 'did' 9/11? Why are these Insurgents (They call themselves freedom fighters) and Islamic terrorists so angry at America? There's an massive US/UK military presence in Iraq, Canada/NATO in Afghanistan. They cannot win because the people in those countries are either too poor, too uneducated, too religious, or simply do not want to live an Western lifestyle, or have their country cut up by Capitalists.

How can the average Jihadist feel to awake to see the president of the USA with a Islamic name.

I think Obama's name is actually an Kenyan name with an Muslim middle name. I don't think Obama can be linked to Osama! Obama is also a town's name in Japan.

Perhaps Obama is more like an Japanese name and not an Islamic name?

Reverse the role, and imagine the leader of Islamic countries with the name of John Smith

That will only happen some day in the future when it does not matter where you came from or who one is as a person or what god they worship... Just as it happened in America.

Islam did not win today. Liberty won today.

It's up to people to keep up the pressure. Bush has 75 days left.

join