It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 75 days to go Bush still shredding the contitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A chilling article, www.nytimes.com...

Agents will be allowed to use informants to infiltrate lawful groups, engage in prolonged physical surveillance and lie about their identity while questioning a subject’s neighbors, relatives, co-workers and friends. The changes also give the F.B.I. — which has a long history of spying on civil rights groups and others — expanded latitude to use these techniques on people identified by racial, ethnic and religious background.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is right up there with the countless 'Bush Suspends Elections/Starts WW3 threads. And as always....none of it ever happens. Just like Blossom Goodchild. Thanks but no thanks. You can't believe every thing you read....especially in the NY Times.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, since Obama is relatively new to the game I'm sure Bush want to hook him up and offer as beaten a document as he can. Sort of like getting that tough jar lid loose before passing it over to the next guy.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.aclu.org...
durbin.senate.gov...
www.acslaw.org...

And I think Dick Durbin might know a thing or two about the subject he's on Subcommittee on Defense, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch, Committee on the Judiciary, and Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security.

But I'm sure since you dissmiss this just because it's in the New York times it must not be true.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec

And I think Dick Durbin might know a thing or two about the subject he's on Subcommittee on Defense, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch, Committee on the Judiciary, and Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security.

But I'm sure since you dissmiss this just because it's in the New York times it must not be true.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by djpaec]

Ahem...let me refer you to the latest "Shame on you NY Times Article". Have fun.

Shame on You NY Times

[edit on 5-11-2008 by NightVision]

new topics

top topics

join